Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 18:43   #61
J.Ravi

My Fiat Linea's first free service.

Today [8 Jan 2010] my Fiat Linea completed her 3 months. So, it's time for the first free service, although she covered 2385 km only. Last week itself, I had booked for today's slot. I was at Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore, at 9:15 am along with my Fiat Linea. I was welcomed by the security guard, and then, the receptionist. There was board at the entrance to the service station where the details of the vehicle proposed for today's servicing and the names of the respective owner and serivce advisor [SA] were clearly written. The receptionist requested me to sit in the customers' lounge. After few minutes, she introduced SA. After preparing the job card, SA asked me if there was any complaint, to which I replied in the negative. I told him that I wish to be present when the engine oil top-up was done in order to avoid any mix up of engine oil meant for petrol engine with that of diesel engine. He said he would inform me. Till then, I was in the lounge watching TV. I was offered tea of so-so quality. As promised, SA came back to me after few minutes and informed me that they are going to top-up engine oil and took me to the service bay. I knew the level of the engine oil as I had checked it at home earlier. The mechanic poured about 300 ml of Selenia K synthetic oil in my presence. They also replaced under warranty Part No.0059064384 LINK-FRT STAB SHF-2 Nos. [suspension link rod] and 3205050 R/R LOWER LINK BALL JOINT free of cost. Later, SA informed me that they were faulty, hence replaced. The entire first service, including wheel alignment, was free of cost. The vehicle was cleaned and washed nicely. SA took me, showed me the serviced vehicle and explained what all the works that were done during the first free service. The only negative aspect I noticed was that the customers' lounge was always crowded. Sometimes, it was house-full. Other than that, everything else was positive only. I would rate Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore, at par with the best Maruti Suzuki dealership/MASS [I had owned Maruti Suzuki Omni/Versa for more than 17 years in the past]. I can easily give them 90% marks, the 10% deduction towards over-crowded customer lounge. After servicing, I have found my Fiat Linea more silky-smooth and the brakes sharper than before. Well-done, Concorde Motors, keep it up!

Old 8th January 2010, 20:52   #62
BHPian

Good report Ravi. My Linea's first service is due on 15th of this month. Will update my thread once that is done.
Old 8th January 2010, 21:45   #63
BHPian

Extremely happy to see TASS doing an excellent job.
Old 8th January 2010, 23:23   #64
Senior - BHPian

A positive note about TASS Service from a Customer.
Kudos to Concorde.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 8th January 2010, 23:26   #65
Senior - BHPian

It's really great to hear positives about TASS Service.

I wish you a Happy and Safe Motoring..Btw how about some new pictures to chill us..?

Regards
Amith aka KlubClass
Old 9th January 2010, 12:02   #66
J.Ravi

Thanks for the compliments, Kapil, bnzjon, aks_karthik & Klub_Class. Photographs will follow, after a planned long trip shortly!

Old 9th January 2010, 12:33   #67
Senior - BHPian

Ravi , that's a good experience you had from the ASC. How long did you wait at the ASC and who was the SA, probably I'll take my Punto to the same SA next time .

I got my punto serviced a few weeks ago from concorde dairy circle, but could not wait at the ASC for the oil change since the wait would've been too long.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 9th January 2010 at 12:36.
Old 9th January 2010, 12:46   #68
J.Ravi

@sdp1975,

I was there from 9:15 am to 3:15 pm except during lunch interval, when I came out and had my lunch @ Transit in The Forum mall. SA: Veerendra Patil.

Old 9th January 2010, 21:04   #69
BANNED

Good to see you getting good service, Ravi

Concorde service seems to be improving
Old 10th January 2010, 11:54   #70
J.Ravi

Thanks. Yeah, VahanPujari, Fiat/T.A.S.S. are definitely improving steadily, IMO.

Old 12th January 2010, 10:13   #71
Senior - BHPian

good on you Ravi. Nice to hear FIAT A.S.S improving. Now i can gladly show this thread to my colleagues who are skeptical about FIAT A.S.S!
Old 12th January 2010, 10:49   #72
J.Ravi

recshenoy,

Thanks. I find Tata Motors/TASS are very serious about my feedback on service. First, Concorde Motors called the very next day and enquired about quality of service and asked me to evaluate it on a scale of 1 [poor] to 10 [excellent]. I gave 9 out 10. Yesterday, I received a call from Tata Motors on the same subject. The service advisor also called me and enquired whether everything is ok in my car. I am fully satisfied with Fiat/Concorde Motors.

Old 13th January 2010, 04:03   #73
Senior - BHPian

Tata-Fiat is improving slow but steady. Your service feedback can hardly be any better. The crowded waiting room, though a nuisance for you, seems to suggest to me that despite the gaggle of cars, they responded to your service satisfactorily.

It bodes well for Tata-Fiat to have satisfied customers. Nothing is better than word-of-mouth publicity in the long run.
Old 18th January 2010, 13:59   #74
J.Ravi

Today, I travelled in my Fiat Linea on NICE Road from Mysore Road to Kanakapura Road exit and back. First time I crossed 160 kmph speed in Fiat Linea. It was sheer bliss to drive my Fiat Linea at 160 kmph speed. I had set the speed warning limit at 130 kmph. So, it was constantly beeping with 'speed limit exceeded' warning! Now, I have to reset the limit to 170 kmph speed.

Old 18th January 2010, 14:07   #75
Senior - BHPian

nice Ravi.
how long you were at 160?
did you get a chance to check out what FE MID was showing at 160?

Most Viewed