Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2010, 12:35   #211
BHPian

Guys, I own a Kappa Magna. I was cleaning my car today and opened my car's hood and found a wire hanging towards right end side of the hood (near to the battery). This wire got cut somehow, may be due to rat menace but I am not sure what is this wire meant for. I have attached a pic of it. If you guys know what it is meant for then please let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-img0045a.jpg  

i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-img0047a.jpg  

Old 13th February 2010, 15:10   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Guys, I own a Kappa Magna. I was cleaning my car today and opened my car's hood and found a wire hanging towards right end side of the hood (near to the battery). This wire got cut somehow, may be due to rat menace but I am not sure what is this wire meant for. I have attached a pic of it. If you guys know what it is meant for then please let me know.
I do not have that wire in my car (i10 kappa asta)
Did you have any aftermarket alarm system installed?
Old 13th February 2010, 16:53   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I do not have that wire in my car (i10 kappa asta)
Did you have any aftermarket alarm system installed?
I figured it out, it is the wire of the alarm. I connected the cut wires and the alarm system started to work again.
Old 14th February 2010, 22:21   #214
BHPian

New Seat Covers!!

Good to see the thread rejuvenated!!

Well, a couple of months ago i installed new seat covers on my i10. So i am attaching the pics

Details:
Brand: Dolphin(Supposedly MGA but had covers for hyundai cars too)
Price : Rs 5500 for seats
Rs 300 for steering cover
Material : Leatherite
Shop: Konark Car Accessories, Behind IOC Petrol Pump, Kormangala
Bangalore

(Was quite busy, so late posting of thread. Want the information regarding seat covers for i10 to be in this single all=round thread! If needed and if felt inappropriate here i will make it as a new thread. Moderators please help)
i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-dsc07839.jpg

i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-dsc07840.jpg

Attachment 288095

i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-dsc07845.jpg

i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-dsc07846.jpg

i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-dsc07848.jpg

i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-dsc07853.jpg

Attachment 288100

i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-dsc07860.jpg

i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-dsc07861.jpg

i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-dsc07863.jpg

i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-dsc07866.jpg

Attachment 288105

Attachment 288106

Attachment 288107

This is a cleaning agent for managing the beige interiors. Bought it for rs 250 at the same place. Does a good job!!
i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-dsc07869.jpg

i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-dsc07871.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-dsc07844.jpg  

i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-dsc07855.jpg  

Old 14th February 2010, 23:12   #215
Senior - BHPian

@ipai - The seat covers look good, but I feel a black steering cover would have blended in more.
Old 15th February 2010, 09:57   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
@ipai - The seat covers look good, but I feel a black steering cover would have blended in more.
Thanks Blackasta! Now that you have said it, i think i should have thought of black! Definitely black would have been a better match!
Old 16th February 2010, 16:52   #217
BHPian

@ipai: I am also planning to get seat covers for my Sportz. Where exactly is this "Behind IOC Petrol Pump, Kormangala"? Is it on the road where Raheja Arcade is situated? Thanks!
Old 17th February 2010, 09:58   #218
BHPian

Subhash, i am pasting the map taken from google map below:
i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-konark-car-accessories-location.jpg

Yes, it is close to Raheja Arcade, but not on that road! Its on the 1st A Cross. i.e., on the Road parallel to the main road(20th Main Road) which joins Hosur road opposite the Forum Mall. If you don't get it, let me know

Exact Address is(Taken from AskLaila.com):
Konark Car Accessories in Koramangala, Bangalore

Address:
7th Block, 1st A Cross
Koramangala
Bangalore -560095
Landmark: Opposite Raheja Arcade
Phone: 080-25702610
Old 17th February 2010, 11:02   #219
BHPian

iPai, Thanks for the info and the directions! Just to be crystal clear about the location, Google maps shows as below: (on the same road as that of Barista and William Penn. That is, first left from IRR, when going on IRR from Koramangala watertank Jn to Sony world Jn). Is that right? Thanks!

i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-konark.jpg
Old 17th February 2010, 11:17   #220
BHPian

Hmmm no subhash. I got confused after i fed the same address into the GPS. the website given address could be incorrect or in fact misleading. Because same area will have many 1A crosses!!

I will give you a direction assuming you stay close to Koramangala and know the landmarks there.

You know the Road which goes from Sony World Junction to NGV? Opposite NGV gate, you have the main road which eventually terminates at the signal opposite to the Forum Mall right? ie., beginning at namdhari's opposite NGV and ending at the signal adjacent to Raheja Arcade. So going in that direction, you need to take the right just before IOC petrol pump/Axis Bank(not the cross after Udupi upahar, but the cross after that). Then take first left. The second shop is Konark! PM me with your cell number if its still unclear
Old 17th February 2010, 11:32   #221
BHPian

iPai, the directions are very clear now, thanks a bunch for the extra effort! I stay at Bommanahalli, btw.

A couple of questions about the seat cover:
1) Is it water-resistant? I've got a puppy and I plan to take it on long drives. If it has an accident on the seats, I don't want to the seats/seat covers to be ruined.
2) I specifically bought the red&beige trim Sportz for the contrasting interiors and the upholstery. I was wondering whether Konark has the same themed seat covers available with them.
3) Do they have the gear knob cover available with them?
4) How many hours/days did you have to leave the car with them?

Thanks again!
Old 17th February 2010, 12:05   #222
Senior - BHPian

The seat covers look great !

Were these seat covers ready made or made to order ?

I have fabric seat covers in my i10 (purchased from dealer). But these do not have any extra cushion on them.

Hence I would like to add some extra cushion in these fabric seat covers.

Do you feel it could be done at this place ? I mean, is this the kind of shop which would take up such a minor job ?

Rohan
Old 17th February 2010, 12:39   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhashnm View Post
iPai, the directions are very clear now, thanks a bunch for the extra effort! I stay at Bommanahalli, btw.

A couple of questions about the seat cover:
1) Is it water-resistant? I've got a puppy and I plan to take it on long drives. If it has an accident on the seats, I don't want to the seats/seat covers to be ruined.
2) I specifically bought the red&beige trim Sportz for the contrasting interiors and the upholstery. I was wondering whether Konark has the same themed seat covers available with them.
3) Do they have the gear knob cover available with them?
4) How many hours/days did you have to leave the car with them?

Thanks again!
1) Yes it is. Water resistance may not be the issue here, but the nails on the paws of the puppy could be. I am not sure. Pardon me, i have never owned a pet, but just my feeling.
2) Red and beige theme was present, but not the same design as the upholstery. Actually it was Red stripe on either side of the back support(Try to visualize ) and seating portion. But we thought it would be too much red inside as even my car has got the red option pack. We thought only beige would give a premium feel.
3) I did not actually enquire about the gear knob cover. But you may call as ask! Number can be got from just dial or asklaila. I do not have :(
4) They just took some 2 odd hours! I sat there waiting actually Two persons worked on the covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
The seat covers look great !

Were these seat covers ready made or made to order ?

I have fabric seat covers in my i10 (purchased from dealer). But these do not have any extra cushion on them.

Hence I would like to add some extra cushion in these fabric seat covers.

Do you feel it could be done at this place ? I mean, is this the kind of shop which would take up such a minor job ?

Rohan
Thanks Rohan. No, the covers were ready made! And extra cushion may be added. But i suspect some of the cushion did come with those leatherite covers.

However, i am not sure if they would do the minor job or not. You may call them. If you go for a minor job, they may even coax you into buying other accessories. He tried selling the scratch guard on the door sills, scratch guard metal plates on either sides of door bases and also mats. But i refused. But the cleaning liquid is a great product! i bought it right away.
Old 18th February 2010, 09:52   #224
BHPian

Mileage update!

Guys, Car has completed nearly 11,000 kms. Last tank full returned 14.19 kmpl!
(381 kms for 26.84 litres, Normal HP, Auto cut off)

Points to be observed:
1) This time it was not all ideal conditions for good mileage. Had to face some spans of frustrating bumper to bumper traffic.
2) 60% AC
3) Did not really turn off the vehicle at signals.

So i guess, if we are disciplined, we can achieve more

Though i may not try this time around(Just want to be carefree while driving), i do want to see how much more this car can achieve, even while maintaining a pretty good, non boring and enjoyable way of city driving.
Old 18th February 2010, 14:39   #225
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd March 2010 at 19:37.
sunil8089 is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks