Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2010, 23:53   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
@ipai,
Which Advaith Service center do you visit ?
Its the one at Outer Ring Road rk_sans. Opposite Intel.
Old 28th March 2010, 12:22   #242
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
Its the one at Outer Ring Road rk_sans. Opposite Intel.
I think they all get done in Mission road center only. Do they have a separate service center? I was not aware.
Old 28th March 2010, 15:31   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think they all get done in Mission road center only. Do they have a separate service center? I was not aware.
They have a showroom and A.S.S on the outer ring road.
Old 28th March 2010, 15:34   #244
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
They have a showroom and A.S.S on the outer ring road.
I bought my i10 from the residency road. My first visit was at ORR. They said all their delivery happens from Residency road. Then for the service part I get calls only from Mission Road.

May be were they not set up them? This was ten months back.
Old 29th March 2010, 12:08   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I bought my i10 from the residency road. My first visit was at ORR. They said all their delivery happens from Residency road. Then for the service part I get calls only from Mission Road.

May be were they not set up them? This was ten months back.
Strange, i got my I10 in Nov'08. Apart from this ORR centre i have never visited any centre.

@svaid and other owners with rattle isse
This car is naughty and is playing games with me. Today i went to the SA and took him on a short drive on the worst of roads. And my car has stopped giving that strange-behind-the-steering-vibration-rattle noise!!

I told my SA that next time i will come to him as soon as this resurfaces. "Anytime sir!" He said
(He also visits Team-BHP nowadays it seems)
Old 31st March 2010, 18:12   #246
BHPian

Headlamp Leveller

Hi All,

I noticed something on my i10. The Headlamp leveller at many a times is trying to level itself continuously.

This happens when the headlamps are off. The Motors make a minor vrrrr sound that attracts some one nearby.

Is anyone else experiencing this
Old 31st March 2010, 18:29   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
I told my SA that next time i will come to him as soon as this resurfaces. "Anytime sir!" He said
I empathize with you. These next times are hard to come by. Lets hope that this noise vanishes by itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
I noticed something on my i10. The Headlamp leveller at many a times is trying to level itself continuously.
I doubt I understand what you are saying. There is nothing like an auto-leveling AFAIK. Leveling is possibly using a rotating knob present to the right of the steering. The only reason such a thing would happen is if because of some loose contact or something, there is some feedback going to the leveling assembly ( as if it is coming from the knob ). Do you mean that if you just start your car and listen to the sound near headlamps, you notice some motor sound though the lamps themselves are off? [ excuse me if I am totally mis-interpreting this ]
Old 1st April 2010, 06:45   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post

Do you mean that if you just start your car and listen to the sound near headlamps, you notice some motor sound though the lamps themselves are off? [ excuse me if I am totally mis-interpreting this ]
You got it right. This is what is exactly happening.

This does not happen when the headlamps are ON.
Old 6th April 2010, 20:13   #249
BHPian

I am still not able to find out why there is noice in one of the blower.
Old 7th April 2010, 11:53   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

This happens when the headlamps are off. The Motors make a minor vrrrr sound that attracts some one nearby.

para_7k, you know what? I also experienced this auto levelling headlap thing, but unlike you, this happened when the headlamps were ON. I could observed since i was waiting in a signal and i could hear the vrrr sound and see the lights going up and down a little on the rear of a car in front of me! I was surprised! Could be kind of a loose contact, not sure. Will monitor them for some time
Old 9th April 2010, 20:26   #251
BHPian

This is an outstanding ownership review thread. It really benefited me. I got my i10 Magna 1.2 3 weeks back. It is a blushing red one.

I have couple of queries:
1. the initial RPM is above 1k, around 1100. The it comes and settles at around 800-900. Is this normal? I have seen this at both morning and evening.

2. The pick-up with AC on is sluggish. I did not expect this from a 80 bhp engine. Is this common?

3. Somewhere in this thread, I have seen someone from bangalore post a pic of a black leather steering cover for i10 at cost of 650. I am not being able to find the post again, can somebody please help?

This is my first car and hence I am may not know all the nitty-gritties of cars. Appreciate your help.
Old 10th April 2010, 08:22   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuboid View Post
This is an outstanding ownership review thread. It really benefited me. I got my i10 Magna 1.2 3 weeks back. It is a blushing red one.

I have couple of queries:
1. the initial RPM is above 1k, around 1100. The it comes and settles at around 800-900. Is this normal? I have seen this at both morning and evening.

2. The pick-up with AC on is sluggish. I did not expect this from a 80 bhp engine. Is this common?

3. Somewhere in this thread, I have seen someone from bangalore post a pic of a black leather steering cover for i10 at cost of 650. I am not being able to find the post again, can somebody please help?

This is my first car and hence I am may not know all the nitty-gritties of cars. Appreciate your help.
Congrats on your new car.
Answers to your 1 & 2, it is common and noted by all the i10 owners in this thread. In fact we have discussed about your 1 question in detail in previous posting in this thread.

I have forgotten about reading anything about 3 question you have mentioned. Probably others might help you on this.

-Santosh
Old 10th April 2010, 08:51   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Are you sure its the headlamp leveller? I get a similar intermittent sound when the vehicle is parked with key on and with engine idling or switched off. I do not think its the headlamp leveller, when sitting inside the car the vrrr sound seems to come from the rear.
Old 10th April 2010, 11:51   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Heartiest Congrats cuboid

Quote:
Just after cold start, you would find the RPM hovering above 1K, but after few minutes of driving it should settle to <=1K. Just make sure that even say after 15 minutes of driving - idle RPM shouldn't remain 1100 as that would not be normal.

Quote:
Could you elaborate more on what kind of sluggishness you feel ? I am asking this as it is a subjective thing. No doubt there is a difference in pickup with and without AC in Mr. Kappa. However, to term it sluggish may be a bit harsh IMHO and hence my query.
Old 10th April 2010, 12:17   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
Heartiest Congrats cuboid
Could you elaborate more on what kind of sluggishness you feel ? I am asking this as it is a subjective thing. No doubt there is a difference in pickup with and without AC in Mr. Kappa. However, to term it sluggish may be a bit harsh IMHO and hence my query.
I normally do nut rev engine as it is still in the run-in period. I try to change gears in : 1st-0kph, 2nd-10kpp, 3rd-20kph, 4th-40kph, as per the manual. While changing to 2nd gear in ~10kph, the car would just stroll, there is no initial pull, once rpm increases a little bit the torque come sback. I notice the same while changing to 3rd in ~20kph. I am talking about AC at coolest and blower at speed 3 (this summer in bangalore is really hot).

Even without AC, there is no pull in the 1st gear w/o pushing the gas, as you yourself has observed. I feel the move 2nd gear onwards (without pushing the gas, or with minimal push). But with AC this 2nd gear pull is lower.

That might be due to low rpm torque with AC on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks