Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2010, 13:12   #301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
I think you have done the right thing by not giving a go ahead to Hans. it's better that the issue is dealt with the workshop which has previously worked on the car. Be pushy about your case and also checkout other i10's clutch hardness which have similar mileage as yours in the workshop. Hardness can also be caused if the spring connected to the clutch assembly has some problem - so checkout on that front as well. Good luck.
Okay, I got my car checked at MGF yesterday - the problem was that the Hans Hyundai fellow did not know how to install a clutch cable - and would you believe, the SA at Hans was suggesting a complete gearbox overhall!! It took MGF about 15 minutes to remove the cable and properly fit it back in place. I later went for a TD with the SA and found the clutch absolutely smooth. Now I'm just praying and keeping my fingers crossed, that this time the problem has been rectified for good.

BTW, I was not charged anything - except ofcourse that I wasted my time and effort.
Old 28th September 2010, 13:27   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I have noticed something strange in my friend's i10 kappa Sportz.

I have i10 irde ERA. The gear stick and gear knob are in the normal position (as shown in the image below) in my car.

But in my friend's i10 kappa, the gear stick and gear knob seem to be rotated in anti-clockwise direction by approximately 10 degrees (as shown in the image below). Is this normal in i10 kappa ?

Another problem faced in my friend's i10 kappa is that it is impossible to downshift from 5th to 4th gear. The 4th gear would not get engaged while downshifting from 5th. While upshifting from 3rd to 4th, there is no problem. Is this normal in i10 kappa ?

Also, are the above 2 problems related to each other ?

Rohan
Hi Rohan - Looks like there's a problem in your friend's kappa and also the 2 problems seem to be interlinked. I don't face any problem down shifting from 5th to 4th. How old is your friend's car, and has been facing the issue since Day 1 of purchase?
Old 28th September 2010, 13:32   #303
BHPian

Great that the issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. However, it's a pity that authorized Hyundai workshops are messing up with basic work like setting up the clutch cable. Drive around a while to make sure that the problem does not return.
Old 8th November 2010, 17:06   #304
BHPian

Came across this issue, not sure if it's a normal behavior or something is wrong. Occasionally, some odorless white vapors appear from a/c vents, have observed this when outside temperature is around 20 to 23 degree C. This has occurred couple of times, may be 3 ~ 4 times in last 3 months, and whenever it occurs I just switch to blower. Has anyone come across this problem in i10 or any other car's ? unfortunately, noticed this problem after my 3rd free service (no, I'm not indicating that something has gone wrong at service station). Any thoughts to this issue ?
Old 9th November 2010, 05:16   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
Came across this issue, not sure if it's a normal behavior or something is wrong. Occasionally, some odorless white vapors appear from a/c vents, have observed this when outside temperature is around 20 to 23 degree C. This has occurred couple of times, may be 3 ~ 4 times in last 3 months, and whenever it occurs I just switch to blower. Has anyone come across this problem in i10 or any other car's ? unfortunately, noticed this problem after my 3rd free service (no, I'm not indicating that something has gone wrong at service station). Any thoughts to this issue ?
It happens in every car - I have noticed this in my i10 and my uncle's wagon R. The reason is quick cooling (with the AC coils having just right moisture and temperature) and the 'odorless white vapor' is water vapor. Nothing is wrong - and no need to switch off AC .
Old 9th November 2010, 09:37   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
Occasionally, some odorless white vapors appear from a/c vents, have observed this when outside temperature is around 20 to 23 degree C. This has occurred couple of times, may be 3 ~ 4 times in last 3 months
I dont think there is anything to worry. As you said it only happens occasionally and would most likely be a function of outside temperature/cooling/humidity. Keep us posted if you either see it more frequently or feel any odor.
Old 9th November 2010, 10:59   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
It happens in every car - I have noticed this in my i10 and my uncle's wagon R. The reason is quick cooling (with the AC coils having just right moisture and temperature) and the 'odorless white vapor' is water vapor. Nothing is wrong - and no need to switch off AC .
Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
I dont think there is anything to worry. As you said it only happens occasionally and would most likely be a function of outside temperature/cooling/humidity. Keep us posted if you either see it more frequently or feel any odor.
Thanks for the inputs blackasta and svaid , I can breath easy now. Will keep posted if I come across anything like this. But you know it's little annoying during monsoon, when I want to demist my windscreen or maintain optimum temperature inside the car to avoid fogging up. I guess the best way would be to reduce the blower speed when A/C is ON.

Cheers !!!
Old 9th November 2010, 11:14   #308
Senior - BHPian

I do agree with @blackasta and @svaid, even i do get it like that in our CRDI Accent and again its occasionally. You do not have to worry about it, just reduce the AC for few minutes and then back on the desire speed after sometime, it would be normal.
Old 11th November 2010, 18:49   #309
BHPian

Thanks rk_sans, now I'm more convinced that its normal and as underlinedby blackasta and svaid, it has to do more with the environmental factors like outside temperature,cooling, humidity etc . Thank you all once again and shall keep posted.

Cheers !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
I do agree with @blackasta and @svaid, even i do get it like that in our CRDI Accent and again its occasionally. You do not have to worry about it, just reduce the AC for few minutes and then back on the desire speed after sometime, it would be normal.
Old 16th November 2010, 13:50   #310
BHPian

Observed the issue today. As suggested, reduced the blower speed for a while and continued, after 1 or 2 mins it was back to normal.

Cheers !!!
Old 22nd November 2010, 17:27   #311
Senior - BHPian

Need Suggestion

My car is due for 1st Paid service. Want to know from all of you, what are the things they do in paid service. Your experiences and suggestions please.
Old 25th November 2010, 11:31   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
My car is due for 1st Paid service. ......Your experiences and suggestions please.

Hi rk_sans, I just came across one the posts from member "achopraa ", I hope this would help. In fact I was also looking for some information on first paid service.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1679146

Cheers!!!
Old 25th November 2010, 23:08   #313
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the link @milestone. i did went through that thread long ago and remember @achopraa had not put details about 1st paid service(or 4th service overall).
Anyhow i got the 1st paid service done. Costed Rs.2348, this included regular service, engine oil change, oil filter change and as per the SA, they check for brakes and one more thing(which i forgot). I will update that after checking the bill.
Old 7th February 2011, 16:57   #314
BHPian

Mileage update!!

Hi all, i am again activating this thread

Well, my recent fuel economy figures have inspired me to update you all!

Mileage: 17.5 Km
Petrol: Shell Normal

Fuel economy: 14.8 kmpl in city. About 60% AC. No highway drives.

I was stumped by this! From past two fills it has given a consistent 14.8-14.8 kmpl!! The quality of Shell could be the reason. For nearly two years the figure was hovering around 12.75 to 14.15kmpl. Now it is a good 14.8.
Another major contributing factor could be hardly any bumper to bumper drives! So, Kappa is good!! Wonder how much better Kappa2 will be!!
Old 8th February 2011, 13:04   #315
Senior - BHPian

Re: i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report

@ipai,
That's an incredible mileage you are getting in bangalore. Which road do you take normally.
And also any other changes you did to improve the mileage?
However i drive, my mileage has never gone above 12, its permanently struck at 12 always.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks