Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2012, 17:27   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
Thanks Buddy - Will they do the installation as well? If not - any place which can do bulb installation? Any idea if there is a plug_n_play horn also which is better sounding but doesnt need relay and all?
They do not do the installation. In fact they take only cash, no credit cards also.
Any Mech would change it for you.
Horns, i have a bosch make, do not remember the model. Will try to find it and let you know.
Old 24th January 2012, 18:30   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
Yes I changed the rims as 175 is not the right fit for stock rims. I actually bought hyundai accent rims ( + wheel covers ) and used the same. 4 Rims+Wheel covers were around 5K. Tyre cost me 4100/- each. I got a buyback for 900/- for all 4 stock rims and tyres. Roughly the total cost came around 20K. Got it done from Tyre Professionals [ Thanks to Nikhil ]
Thats a good price. Nikhil suggested me too to change the rims. I am waiting for the ODO to hit near to 40k (currently running on 32K) and then plan to change them.
Old 26th January 2012, 23:18   #363
BHPian

I am now observing the following issues in my i10 kappa (3+ years) from past few weeks.

* Getting rattle sound from B pillar plastic components (I hope so) inside when driving car in 10 to 20 kmph on uneven roads.

* In first and second gear with AC, when revving slightly more just before shifting the gear to up, I am getting a sound like motor belt winding fast along with usual engine noise. If I turn the AC off then no issue.

* Clutch is bit hard but I am used to it.

* Some times on stock music system when I switch off (exactly it is called ‘pause’ during driving) without reducing the volume and then ON it, there is no sound. If I once again switch off and then switch on, it is OK and started playing from the last pause. I observed it almost 3 times in last 4 months (almost I am driving with music all weekdays).

* Now a days I am feeling more thud even for small potholes during low speed. Is there something to do with suspension after 3 years?

Next paid service is due on next month. I am going to list out all these to SA.

Have any of you observed any of the above and rectified? Please suggest.

Last edited by vijayk : 26th January 2012 at 23:20.
vijayk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 16:29   #364
BHPian

Even my i10 is nearing 3 years in couple of months, and observed some of the issues, mostly the same as your's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
* Getting rattle sound from B pillar plastic components (I hope so) inside when driving car in 10 to 20 kmph on uneven roads.
Did observe in my car, earlier it was hard to hear any, but now its more often, more of this could be due the road conditions on which the car is driven, but the fact is its there and it irritates me . Latest observation is beneath the steering, rattling has started.

Quote:
* In first and second gear with AC, when revving slightly more just before shifting the gear to up, I am getting a sound like motor belt winding fast along with usual engine noise. If I turn the AC off then no issue.
Started noticing recently, revv's just goes high up to 1.5 while reversing and from Neutral to 1st gear, and in stop go traffic, this is without pressing the accelator hard, simple gear change.

Quote:
Agreed, its become hard and realized this after driving friends new i10..

Quote:
* Some times on stock music system when I switch off (exactly it is called ‘pause’ during driving) without reducing the volume and then ON it, there is no sound. If I once again switch off and then switch on, it is OK and started playing from the last pause. I observed it almost 3 times in last 4 months (almost I am driving with music all weekdays).
Ditto, except for song doesn’t play and have to forward to the next song and play.

Quote:
* Now a days I am feeling more thud even for small potholes during low speed. Is there something to do with suspension after 3 years?
Again, thud was always there on low speeds. I guess it has to do with the suspensions.

Will have to get these checked sometime.

Do keep posted your experience post service.

How about the observations from other i10 owners ?
Milestone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 18:59   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
Even my i10 is nearing 3 years in couple of months, and observed some of the issues, mostly the same as your's.

Did observe in my car, earlier it was hard to hear any, but now its more often, more of this could be due the road conditions on which the car is driven, but the fact is its there and it irritates me . Latest observation is beneath the steering, rattling has started.
Thanks. For me too it was not the case earlier. Regarding under steering rattling, I rectified it and posted the same here if you read from this post:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2530729

Quote:
Started noticing recently, revv's just goes high up to 1.5 while reversing and from Neutral to 1st gear, and in stop go traffic, this is without pressing the accelator hard, simple gear change.
Exactly I am facing the same.

Thanks for sharing. I will post if any of the issues is rectified in my next service or if I find any new issue (but not waiting for any ).
Old 27th January 2012, 19:35   #366
BHPian

Quote:

Again, thud was always there on low speeds. I guess it has to do with the suspensions.

Will have to get these checked sometime.

Do keep posted your experience post service.

How about the observations from other i10 owners ?
Yes. Thats mainly due to the suspension setup. I got my i10's suspension checked thoroughly this time when I gave it for service. The SA told that some channels were loose and they had to remove that and re-fit them properly. Now I dont understand that completely, but after that the ride quality has definitely improved a bit.
samabhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 19:39   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Yes. Thats mainly due to the suspension setup. I got my i10's suspension checked thoroughly this time when I gave it for service. The SA told that some channels were loose and they had to remove that and re-fit them properly. Now I dont understand that completely, but after that the ride quality has definitely improved a bit.
+ve news. Thanks for sharing it. I will check with my SA and discuss about it to rectify the same.
Old 30th January 2012, 10:59   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. For me too it was not the case earlier. Regarding under steering rattling, I rectified it and posted the same here if you read from this post:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2530729

Thanks for sharing this, next service will ask the SA to have an look and replace it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Thanks for the info, will have to get this too added to my list of checks for next paid service. By the way any idea how much do they charge of adjusting the suspensions ? just an approx amt.
Old 13th February 2012, 12:25   #369
BHPian

Quote:
2 years and one month later, I think I am facing something very similar, although from what I can gather the sound is more of a knocking, like a loose nut hitting its panel, probably coming from underneath the drivers seat. Makes me think that the drivers seat has somehow become a little loose. Accelerating in the first 2 gears makes a "knock" as soon as I press the clutch to shift. Could just be due to bad roads, but I don't believe the car is this delicate.

Quote:
Will have to pay more attention to this. Daily driving doesn't make me realize but i think its alright so far.

Quote:
Never had this issue. Did you have a CD or was this with the Radio?

Quote:
I know who to blame in my case I've had my suspensions checked at every scheduled service.

I've had another issue as well. In the summers, the AUX button tends to be depressed once it is pressed. It does not spring back up. A little whack with the fingers, a little fidgeting and it pops back up.
Old 13th February 2012, 22:47   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_fox View Post
Never had this issue. Did you have a CD or was this with the Radio?
Only with CD not with Radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_fox View Post
I know who to blame in my case I've had my suspensions checked at every scheduled service.
Whether we need to insist them to check it or it is part of routine checkup during scheduled service? Anyhow I will insist them to check henceforth. Thanks.
Old 13th March 2012, 16:34   #371
BHPian

Need help and detail.

I have given my i10 kappa for service (3+ yrs) yesterday with list of issues to check and rectify (I will post them later after getting the car). I hope I will get my car by today evening.

One of the issues I listed is the AC not cooling fast like before during sunny day time. They called and told me that old i10 kappa (mine is 2008 model) is not having AC filter. It is included only from the new kappa (2?) models. They told me to fix it which will improve cooling and to reduce the bad smell coming in. It will cost me Rs.1000. I said OK as I don't have time to check how reliable it is.

Is it usual that a car comes without AC filter?
What is the real useful of this filter?
How it will help in protecting the AC unit?
Where is this filter exactly located in i10?

Thanks in advance.
Old 14th March 2012, 23:08   #372
BHPian

My i10 Kappa 3 yrs 3 months Paid service report (with 4th year extended warranty):
Service Station: KUN, ECR road.
Date: 12 & 13th Mar 2012
KM: 30K
Total bill cost: Rs.3670

Issues I reported and status after the service:

1. Getting rattle sound from B pillar plastic components inside when driving car in 10 to 20 kmph on uneven roads or speed breakers.
Status: Issue addressed and rectified. They said it is from door panels not from B pillar. With dampers, it is arrested.

2. In first and second gear with AC, when revving slightly more rpm just before shifting the gear to up, I am getting a sound like motor belt fast winding up along with usual engine noise. If I turn the AC off then no issue. Issue is only with AC ON.
Status: Still it is not addressed. It is very low noise and can be heard with more attention. They said the complete air blower unit to be opened and checked. I said no if it is not a major issue. I need to check if it is aggravated by increasing the noise. If so, I need to check with other service centre (may be HMP) later.

3. AC is not cooling fast like before during sunny day time driving
Status: They said to install AC filter on 1st day 12th March (but I have not seen it in bill). The cooling is good now and hence I didn’t ask anything further.

4. Clutch is bit hard. Expecting it to be smooth.
Status: There is a slight improvement but not smooth as I expected. I can live with it (instead of spending around 6K to replace the clutch plates and/or wires).

5. Reverse gear is not engaging properly some times. It is mostly observed when the front wheels are not straight
Status: No improvement (again it may be linked to the above 4th point)

6. Now days I am feeling more thud (sound from suspension into cabin and disturbing the ride of car) even for small potholes on road during low speed. It looks like suspension needs to be checked or tuned.
Status: Addressed with some damper installation under warranty (I don’t understand what they exactly installed in this case). I checked that ride is improved now.

7. Please check for wheel balance if it is required.

8. I did't address the issue I faced (very rare to reproduce) with audio system (I posted it here a couple of posts before). I don't want to make them learn on it or ruin the ICE setup.

Other service details done from them:
* Rear right door power window switch was not working (I didn’t know this as either me or my family members didn’t use it for long time. I usually control all from my driver side switches). It was replaced under warranty.
* 4 spark plugs are replaced (normal for 30K service)
* Air filter replaced
* And other usual service like oil change...

They kept 4 old spark plugs and air filter in the boot.

Lesson learnt: Don't keep any personal item inside car when giving for servicing. I always kept a long size cover with photo copies of car document with one pen inside. After the car is delivered to me, I found that pen is missing.

Finally I am happy to keep the car for next 1 or 1.5 years before upgrading to any.

I hope it is useful to other owners and sorry for a long post.

Last edited by vijayk : 14th March 2012 at 23:18.
vijayk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 23:24   #373
BHPian

Quote:
2. In first and second gear with AC, when revving slightly more rpm just before shifting the gear to up, I am getting a sound like motor belt fast winding up along with usual engine noise. If I turn the AC off then no issue. Issue is only with AC ON.
Status: Still it is not addressed. It is very low noise and can be heard with more attention. They said the complete air blower unit to be opened and checked. I said no if it is not a major issue. I need to check if it is aggravated by increasing the noise. If so, I need to check with other service centre (may be HMP) later.

3. AC is not cooling fast like before during sunny day time driving
Status: They said to install AC filter on 1st day 12th March (but I have not seen it in bill). The cooling is good now and hence I didn’t ask anything further.
After the service and received the car, I got a call from KUN to get my satisfaction on their service. I said the point 2 above was not rectified. Immediately she answered to address this issue by taking the car. I have given the car again last week and after 1 day of checkup they finally changed the AC compressor under warranty. Now the additional sound during high rev with AC has gone. AC cooling is also good.

Regarding point 3, they said the AC filter was installed under warranty

Additionally I have done 3M under body anti-rust coating for Rs.4800 with 3.5 yrs warranty.

Finally I am happy with the service of KUN and the car is also good like new.
Old 11th April 2012, 10:15   #374
BHPian

Headlamp bulb upgrade

Friends,

The background:
My i10 is now almost 3 years old. I put up with the pathetic stock headlamps for a long time before I changed to Philips Extreme for a little better lighting. But then I met with an accident and the right side headlamp assembly was replaced, thus putting the sad stock bulb back in. Now I am left with Philips Extreme on the left side, and the stock bulb on the right.

Current scenario:
As all of you must already know, driving at night with the stock lamps is extremely stressful. so the only options I have in front of me are:

1) Putting Philips Extreme back on: They don't sell it in singles, so I'm gonna have to spend another 1.2K on a pair, and I will be left with one spare.

2) Add a relay and put 100/90 bulbs in. My dad's car has those and they are really, really good. It will cost around 1.5K, but the main problem is that the warranty will be void. I have an extended warranty taken for 4th and 5th year. So I'm worried about voiding it. What are the risks of voiding the warranty?

Suggestions are most welcome! I would love to hear what you have done for this issue.
Old 11th April 2012, 15:41   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhashnm View Post

1) Putting Philips Extreme back on: They don't sell it in singles, so I'm gonna have to spend another 1.2K on a pair, and I will be left with one spare.
Go with this only if you are comfortable with the visibility this one offers. Personally I am not happy with this.

Quote:

2) Add a relay and put 100/90 bulbs in. My dad's car has those and they are really, really good. It will cost around 1.5K, but the main problem is that the warranty will be void. I have an extended warranty taken for 4th and 5th year. So I'm worried about voiding it. What are the risks of voiding the warranty?
I got this done in my i10 2 years ago and used the harness kit for almost two years. Last month I changed the harness kit to Hella and the 100/90 Hella bulbs for Rs.1300. This is very good and I am not worried at all that any other problems would arise. Regarding the warranty getting void, this is always a risk, if you want changing the stock setup. May be, you want to keep the stock lights on and get the Hyundai's standard fog lights..but that would cost you around Rs 5000.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks