Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2009, 21:13   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
It was very very difficult and my car ran 144 kms (14.04 km/l). Very average figures for a small car.
Are these auto-cut to auto-cut figures or the actual tank full to tank full ? Further is this with A/C off or on?

Quote:
I may be wrong but aren't batteries supposed to last longer than this ?
Yes, they are supposed to last much longer than what has happened in my case. If you search the forum you would find a lot of issues reported with EXIDE ( while few members didn't face any ). You can also visit my other thread mentioned above.
I sincerely hope that this new batter lasts better.
Old 28th November 2009, 21:20   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
Thats one of the best averages reported on TBHP. Which fuel do you use for the car?
I use the normal unleaded petrol from HP or Indian Oil.

Quote:
Are these auto-cut to auto-cut figures or the actual tank full to tank full ? Further is this with A/C off or on?
Pardon my ignorance but what is the difference?
Old 29th November 2009, 21:10   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Auto-cut to Auto-cut. I filled immediately when the fuel warning light lit up and checked till it lit up next time. The A/C was on all the time.
Old 29th November 2009, 21:34   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Auto-cut to Auto-cut. I filled immediately when the fuel warning light lit up and checked till it lit up next time. The A/C was on all the time.
I would have expected better figures for a mixed city/highway drive. I get around 13.5+( measured using auto cut ) with 100% AC in Delhi ( read it as crawling in jams for most of the drive ). Do mention this to the service adviser on next service just to see if he has any feedback on the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
I Pardon my ignorance but what is the difference?
When you go for refueling and go for tank full, you would have noticed that the machine/nozzle keeps on filling the petrol and eventually stops when it gets a feedback that the tank is full. That is called auto-cut meaning the fuel supply is automatically cut off sensing that the tank is full. Normally, you can put more fuel even after the auto cut has happened eg till you start seeing the fuel overflowing( not a nice thing to see ). Thats the actual tank full
Old 1st December 2009, 13:08   #95
BHPian

A wonderful write-up svaid. It has got a ton of info that I've been searching for! Thank you!

I get about 12.75 in city (Bangalore - infamous for the horrendous traffic) (calculated auto-cut to auto-cut) with A/C on all the time. Mine has run about 2400km, and second service is due at the end of Dec.
Old 1st December 2009, 14:33   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhashnm View Post
Mine has run about 2400km, and second service is due at the end of Dec.
Do share about your experience with the vehicle and your overall satisfaction. You can also comment on the various observations enlisted in this thread especially in case you beg to differ from any of them.

Please do update in case you are able to get that under steering noise rectified.
Old 1st December 2009, 14:51   #97
BHPian

mine is a new born.. got it delivered 19th Nov. till date have done 450+ kms, but when i calculated i got an average of 14 km/l well without A/C and in bangalore traffic...
Old 1st December 2009, 16:36   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Do share about your experience with the vehicle and your overall satisfaction.
I should say mine has been a positive experience so far. Most of the things I like, a couple of things I don’t like, and an okay service till date.
The things I really love about it:
1) Fun to drive: Love the steering response. I try to stick to my lane as much as possible, but there is always one careless driver/rider who likes to cut me across. The light steering comes handy in such situations.
2) Ride quality: I find it really comfortable. Can’t really compare it with anything else since this is my first new car in India and comparing it with my US driving experiences wouldn’t make any sense.
3) Trim: I went for Electric Red since I wanted the red and beige interiors. My wife hated the external color at first, but the interiors made her change the opinion.
4) Gear location: Love the console mounted gear lever. In one of my old projects about 4 years ago, I had done a similar design for a US minivan model and I’ve wanted to buy a car with such a gear design ever since. Very comfortable to hold and change the gears and I can even use it as a hand rest on long rides.
5) Smooth gear shift (but for occasional stiffness to 1st and reverse which I will mention below)
6) Found A/C pretty fine for Bangalore weather.

Things I don’t like:
1) Grey-ish patches appeared on the corners of the front passenger seats for apparently no reason. Missed to mention it when I took it for 1st service. Got to get it checked the next time.
2) Back seat doesn’t fold flat. It stays at an angle of almost 45% and for all practical purposes, the folding action is useless. It would’ve been great if it folded flat to allow more cargo in.

Things I hate:
1) A rattling noise, just like the one svaid metioned, that started appearing after a trip to Coorg and some time on the bad roads there. No fixes found yet.
2) Music system is (or the speakers are) trash. I can’t play quite a few of my Hindustani classical/classic rock songs that have a decent amount of bass. No USB.
3) Reach of headlights is a joke. When I take a 90degree turn, I can’t see what is there on the other road until I turn a good 45 degrees into the curve.
4) 4th gear is lame; it is incapable of pulling if the car is fully loaded.
Old 1st December 2009, 16:45   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
mine is a new born.. got it delivered 19th Nov. till date have done 450+ kms, but when i calculated i got an average of 14 km/l well without A/C and in bangalore traffic...
14 km/l in bangalore traffic.. i believe you might not be doing a bumper to bumper traffic then. Can you also throw some light on how is the measuring done like auto-cut to auto-cut, etc.
I am getting around 13 Km/l without AC and also my last trip to Bandipur, Mysore gave me around 16+ with 100% AC as the roads were not so good after Mysore.
My best was when i did Pondy trip where it gave 18+ with 100% AC.
Old 1st December 2009, 22:10   #100

First of all congrats on a superb ownership thread, SVaid. What a comprehensive thread on i10 this is turning out to be.

I own a kappa Magna and I too have noticed the rattling noise which comes out at low speeds. The sound seems to come from the front passenger side.

First I thought it might the central rear view mirror, but that is not the case. Next I emptied out everthing from the dashboard box and still the noise persists.

The noise exists only at times like when I am doing 40 kmph in the fourth gear. I increase the speed to 50 and lo, the noise disappears. Any solutions to this ?
Old 2nd December 2009, 09:32   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbine View Post
The noise exists only at times like when I am doing 40 kmph in the fourth gear. I increase the speed to 50 and lo, the noise disappears. Any solutions to this ?
The noise that I have mentioned in my thread seems to be a rattle caused by some loose thing which especially manifests itself on driving over uneven surface. On good roads, there is no noise.

In my case the problem doesn't seem to be a function of speed or which gear the car is in. If its uneven road, the rattling will happen, otherwise it wont. Unfortunately Hyundai workshop guys have not been able to find the root cause of the problem in spite of opening the whole steering assembly and checking the mounts.

I know that I haven't provided you any solution with this update of mine but posted to make sure that we are on the same page wrt the issue being discussed. On the face value, it looks to me that the rattling you are mentioning might be different from the one that I have observed.

Quote:
I should say mine has been a positive experience so far.
Good to see you sharing the similar thoughts and observations/experiences on the vehicle. It helps to isolate if any said observation is across the product line or only in a particular vehicle.
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:05   #102
BHPian

Quote:
I own a kappa Magna and I too have noticed the rattling noise which comes out at low speeds. The sound seems to come from the front passenger side.
@Carbine: My problem is more similar to yours than to svaids. The rattle in mine occurs only at low speeds as you mentioned - when I do 15 in 2nd, 40 in 4th, etc. The only difference is that it comes from the Driver side, unlike yours.

Let us keep this thread alive. If any one of us finds a solution to this, please let everyone know of the same.
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:18   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
14 km/l in bangalore traffic.. i believe you might not be doing a bumper to bumper traffic then. Can you also throw some light on how is the measuring done like auto-cut to auto-cut, etc.
I am getting around 13 Km/l without AC and also my last trip to Bandipur, Mysore gave me around 16+ with 100% AC as the roads were not so good after Mysore.
My best was when i did Pondy trip where it gave 18+ with 100% AC.
yeah right i m not into bumper to bumper traffic since i usually travel in outer ring road most of the time. i have not done long drives so cant comment on highway FE. yes i calculated for 10liters from the time the fuel low fuel indication appears (i know it is not accurate unless calculated top up) but i did this for 4-5 times all the time i used to get 14+ kml. i use IOC normal petrol.
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:23   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Carbine: My problem is more similar to yours than to svaids. The rattle in mine occurs only at low speeds as you mentioned - when I do 15 in 2nd, 40 in 4th, etc. The only difference is that it comes from the Driver side, unlike yours.

Let us keep this thread alive. If any one of us finds a solution to this, please let everyone know of the same.
I do have the same problem as mentioned by @carbine. Its on the front passenger side and it appears only in low speeds. I thought probably it was because i am driving in a relatively low speed then required. If i increase the speed then the sound disappears.
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:36   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Two makes company three makes CROWD. I have the same issue too. I could never figure out where this noise is coming from. It felt like its from passenger side window glass or something on that side is shaking and rattling. If you could trace the culprit, do share it here.

Regards
Punzabi

Most Viewed