Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2009, 11:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAddict View Post
Jeez, that is a sweet ride. I totally aggree with other members that she does not look like she has done 1L kms on Delhi roads. You are doing a great job with Waxpol.
thanks .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sweet looking ride, Maxbhp. I drive an OHC myself. While it hasn't gotten close to the 1.0 lakh km mark yet, I'm pretty sure she will go on strong to 1.5 - 2.0 lakh kms on the odo.
That's precisely why she is serving you well. OHC's require minimum maintenance. Important to take care of that and they go on forever.
I hear you on her high speed stability (or lack of). This car's behaviour at 150 kph is outdated by todays standards. Plus, she doesn't really have any safety features to speak of. Best to take it easy on expressways. I got my suspension overhauled, and am running 205 Yokos, the high speed behaviour still leaves a lot to be desired. That said, as Jaggu posted, its probably a good idea for you to have the suspension checked up (would have worn out by now).
While you are at it, change the timing belt too. Costs barely 800 bucks. OHC's need a new one around the 1.0 lakh mark (though I changed mine at about 70K. Preventive maintenance).
For the cost of a remus muffler, you could get a complete free flow kit installed. I'd say entire free flow assembly.
Thanks GTO . I have read about your VTEC. Its a beauty . I really like the 16" er. Even your car's colour is cool and its pure understated elegance.Yeah , I have to take care of the timing belt. Thanks for reminding.
I will definitely keep your suggestion in mind.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks