Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2011, 17:06   #46

Just picked up a used fiesta, 68k on the ODO... Ac needs gas filling and after an initial check up the service engineer said the engine is fine.. Any advice? Any guidance would be great to start with.
Old 30th June 2011, 11:02   #47
BHPian

re: Ownership Report -- Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi : Update, 5 years & 1,00,000kms

Waht about the clutch, underbody, denting?
Old 1st July 2011, 19:28   #48

The mechanicals are fine... It's a White fiesta and needs some touch up painting and polishing. Ac is effective, came with a subwoofer and DVD based system and has an ugly spoiler!! Which I need to remove. There is no issue whatsoever during the little driving done in the city. What is your view on synthetic engine oil? Any special kind of diesel or the regular stuff?? This is the first common rail in the family.

Oh by the way, it's an all aluminium diesel engine that weighs 98kg only?? Is this true??

Thanks..
Old 2nd July 2011, 20:21   #49
BHPian

It is an all aluminum engine. But not sure about the exact weight of the engine. Use only the regular diesel. (Preferably put diesel from a single outlet). At our home town we used synthetic oil on our Wagon-R and there was not driving impact with that only thing is that we just need to change only after 15-20K KM run.
Old 7th July 2011, 00:46   #50

Thanks for the tip. There were three fiestas to choose from all zx variants, 2 of them had back compression and this one didn't. Any experiences on this? Since my car has already done 68k, I feel I need to be extra careful with it. All said and done, this is a very delicate machine in comparison to my previous indigo tdi, regardless, it's a phenomenal change, but any repair in this vehicle can cause a disaster on the pocket!
Old 7th July 2011, 10:40   #51
BHPian

What do you mean by "back compression"? Fiesta is not a delicate one. It's build qwuality si good and the body is really strong. Secondly the spare aprts are not costly now especially for Figo and Fiesta because they have the manufacturing plant here in Chennai . (Having said that the Fusion and Ikons spare parts are costlier still, because of the import)
Old 19th July 2011, 19:42   #52
BHPian

Update: 3 year completed and done with the 36 months service

I have taken the appointment in Fortune Ford tolichowki for July 9th for 9:00 clock. Reached the center by 9:15. Didn't have any specific complaints.

KM reading 42300

This time also the bill was Zero, because I am on TMP. And this is the last free service on TMP. I have taken the extended warranty for the 4th year. They were saying there was an offer and I got it for 3600. I feel with this amount, it is really value for money.

The break-up of the bill is amount is below.

Air cleaner --> 240.75
Oil Filter --> 319.76
Diesel Filter --> 1040.61
Heater Assembly --> 402
Engine Oil --> 851.20

Renewed the insurance as well. It costed 8783 plus a washing coupon and wheel alignment coupon free.
Old 19th July 2011, 20:41   #53
BHPian

Re: Update: 3 year completed and done with the 36 months service

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
The break-up of the bill is amount is below.

Heater Assembly --> 402
Good to know your Fiesta is running fine! Rear windscreen heater? Or the AC related one?
Old 20th July 2011, 08:44   #54
BHPian

Re: Update: 3 year completed and done with the 36 months service

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Good to know your Fiesta is running fine! Rear windscreen heater? Or the AC related one?
The A/C heater one...
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2012, 17:12   #55
BHPian

Update --> Ford Fiesta 4 Years/ 60000 KM Service

Completed 58,000 on Odo and this is the time for the 4 Year Service.
decided to change the tyres also. Did some research and finally decided to go with Michelin XM2+. The stock tyres can still run for another 15K KM .. But it already developed cracks so thought of changing it now as I go for highway trips once in a while.

Got a quotation of 4750 for one tyre (Excluding alignment and balancing) from a local shop and decided to change it from there.

So tyre changing cost is 19800 (19K for tyres, 550 for alignment and balancing and 250 for nitrogen refill)

Now related to the servicing, There were no complaints at all.

And below is the detailed bill.

Again Extended warranty proving to be an excellent decision as I had to change the combination switch for head light and indicator which costs 1122.

Parts
  1. Parts
  2. Gasket --> 55.42
  3. Radiator Cap --> 318.35
  4. Wash Fluid Puch --> 53.97
  5. Tension Pulley --> 2245.98
  6. Bulb (Parking) --> 32.19
  7. Drive Belt --> 755.32
  8. Kit tension Pulley --> 1330.14
  9. Engine Oil Filter --> 408.07
  10. Air Filter --> 245.57
  11. Brake Fluid --> 590.33
  12. Ball Join and Rod --> 996.13
  13. A/C filter --> 115.08
  14. A/C filter fresh air --> 309.73
  15. Engine Oil --> 982.38
  1. Labour
  2. Drive Belt --> 160
  3. 80000 KM service --> 1536
  4. Tension Pulley --> 320
  5. Ball Joint --> 128
  6. Consumable --> 130
  7. Motor Care treatment (This is for avoid rust in engine bay ) --. 290

With that the total service cost is adding to 12558.
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 21:58   #56
BHPian

And successfully I completed 5 years in my Fiesta. In the last one year, I could not able to update the thread. So thought of reviving the thread.

Last one year was an eventful year.

In the 80,000 KM, I made a complaint about stiff gear when I put in reverse. But they said there was no issue. This was in July 2012. Again I felt the same issue on August. We were planning for Kerala trip from Hyderabad towards end of August. So I gave the car again for a check-up and they said that everything was perfectly fine. We started to drive to Kerala, and when we were about to touch the Bangalore city, I was trying to come down to first gear because of a big speed breaker, I was not able to put in the first gear. When I stopped the car, I could able to put in first gear. We stayed in Bangalore that night as planned and I called my service manager in Hyderabad, and he said that if we are able to put gear, then there should not be any issue, I should be able to drive till Kerala. The interesting part is that , while moving also, I can down shift to first gear with double clutch.

We decided to drive to Kerala, the next day morning, as we had to attend a marriage. We drove and we were trying not to put in fist gear as much as we could.

It was "Onam" week in Kerala, so after just showing my face in the mrriage function and suddenly drove to KOttayam Kairali Ford. By this time, the GM of fortune Ford, Hyderabad had already called the service manager of Kottayam Kairali Ford. And he immediately attended the car. He suspected that, synchronizer mesh could have been damaged. And sadly he said that they were going to close down the service centre for 5 days because of Onam. He said that he need at least 3 working days to Fix this issue as he needed to dismantle the gear box assembly. And I had to come back to Hyderabad on next Monday. I had three choices.
  1. Leave the car in Kottayam, catch a flight and come to Hyderabad
  2. Drive back a different car from Kerala and keep Fiesta for repair
  3. Drive back in the same fiesta, and get it repaired when we would be back to Hyderabad

By contemplating on all these 3, we took a risk to drive back in the same Fiesta. The Service Manager and General Manager of Fortune Ford provided enough motivation to drive back. They talked to Madurai Ford, Salem Ford, Bangalore Ford and Ananthapur Ford in case of any towing/repair required. But the service manager from Kottayam, frightened us saying that, there can be a chance of getting gear stuck in first gear, so try to avoid putting in first as much as we can.

And without putting in first gear, (As much as we could), we drove all the way back to Hyderabad. Took the car to the service centre immediately, and they confirmed it was a damaged synchronizer assembly.

I had extended warranty for 4th year and it was over in July 2012 itself, and this incident happened in September 2012. As I reported the tightness of gear, in my previous service (At that time car was in warranty), they agreed to cover this in warranty. So this repair was a zero bill work for me.

As this is a gear box overhaul, I asked them to change the clutch assembly as well. And I had to pay that. I was ok with that.

I was always had a habit of cleaning the fuel tank in every 3 years and as the car was in the garage for around a week, I asked them to do this as well. So here the luck was against me. They figured out a leaking pump from the diesel tank. And that pump costed me 5K.

In January had given it for 90,000 service. And it was a normal one. Currently I am not remembering the exact amount.

On the first week of Jul 2013 , a Tata Ace hit my car from back, and my rear bumper is managed fully . I was having full cover insurance and that was expiring on Jul 10th. So I took the car to service centre on the next day itself. But after hearing the quote for changing the bumper, I decided to pay it from the pocket. The estimate was only 7K, and my NCB would be going to be more than 8K.

In the same visit I did the 1 Lakh service as well. In the last one year I haven't travelled much. So now Odo is standing at only 74K.

The bill details for this service is below.
  1. Front Brake Clipper 230
  2. Gasket 55
  3. END Spindle Connection Rod Right Hand Side 450
  4. Oil Filter 332
  5. Horn (One horn was not working) 469
  6. Air Filter 277
  7. Coolant 1180
  8. Engine Oil 1059
  9. Labour charges are below
  10. Brake Caliper 128
  11. Tie Rod End, Remove and Install 128
  12. Coolant changing 192
  13. Horn Fiting 160
  14. 1 lakh service charge 1100
anumod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 19:15   #57
BHPian

Re: Ownership Report -- Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi : Update, 5 years & 1,00,000kms

Anumod, good to know that the car is serving you well. When you get time, could you please dig up the details of clutch change that you did. Would like to know how much it cost you. I too am running on XM2's now. Have you changed the front brake pads yet?
Old 4th August 2013, 18:29   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Anumod, good to know that the car is serving you well. When you get time, could you please dig up the details of clutch change that you did. Would like to know how much it cost you. I too am running on XM2's now. Have you changed the front brake pads yet?
I don't have the bills with me now. But if i remember correctly the clutch assembly was around 5K and labour charge was 2 K. From last service onwards the service folks are saying to change the brake disc (I think you meant that only. But as the pads have more life I said don't change. It can easily go for another 10K, so I will change in the next service.

If you want the details of the bills of clutch assembly prices, I can ask service guys to arrange me for a duplicate bill
Old 4th August 2013, 18:48   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post

I don't have the bills with me now. But if i remember correctly the clutch assembly was around 5K and labour charge was 2 K. From last service onwards the service folks are saying to change the brake disc (I think you meant that only. But as the pads have more life I said don't change. It can easily go for another 10K, so I will change in the next service.

If you want the details of the bills of clutch assembly prices, I can ask service guys to arrange me for a duplicate bill
Just wanted to know the approximate cost, so this should do. Since I have completed a lac, I'm sure clutch replacement is something that will come up sooner than later. I was referring to the pad and not the disc in itself. I have changed the discs once around 50000kms,along with pads since there was a slight vibration on the steering when braking. This was diagnosed as a disc problem.

Don't take the trouble to get a duplicate bill. The approx cost you gave is good enough.
Old 4th August 2013, 21:24   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was referring to the pad and not the disc in itself. I have changed the discs once around 50000kms,along with pads since there was a slight vibration on the steering when braking. This was diagnosed as a disc problem.
How much did that change of discs and pads cost you? Wouldn't skimming of the discs have done the job?

I am asking because even I am feeling slight vibration while braking, and my car has done only 41000 kms. I remember reading in Suman's thread about disc skimming.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks