Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2010, 14:48   #61
BHPian

Completed 20,000 KM and my Grandeur still making me proud of it.
Attached Thumbnails
What do I feel after 8000 kms? Grande Punto 1.3 - Emotion-17042010057.jpg  

Old 1st May 2010, 15:14   #62

Awesome pics Sandeep....

Have this pics been worked upon?? They look too awesome to be just straight out of the camera.... unless you are a Nikon D series user..

Cheers!

Rajat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev View Post
Folks, I completed 17,700 KMs on my GP MJD 1.3. The recent trip to Jaipur was a quick one. Left Mumbai on Thursday 18th Feb 2010 and was back in Mumbai on 24th Feb 2010, afternoon.

Purpose: To celebrate my daughter's first B'day with her Grand Parents.
Vehicle: Grand Punto MJD 1.3
Route: Mumbai - Baroda (NH8)
Baroda -Ahemdabad (NE1)
A'Bad - Udaipur (NH8)
Udaipur - Chittaurgarh (NH76)
Chittaurgarh - Bhilwara - Kishangarh (NH79 - NH 79A)
Kishangarh - Jaipur (NH8)
Total Distance: 2670 KMs
Fuel: 127 Liters
Average Fuel Consumption: 20.8 KMPL (100% AC On)

I'm more and more falling in love with my car as I take it on long drives. GP is fun to drive on long journeys and it never let you lose your confidence when you are behind the wheels.

Here are the few pics taken during my journey, enjoy them watching and will post more soon!
Old 1st May 2010, 19:40   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajat60 View Post
Awesome pics Sandeep....

Have this pics been worked upon?? They look too awesome to be just straight out of the camera.... unless you are a Nikon D series user..

Cheers!

Rajat
Thanks Rajat. Yeah I use Nikon D60 and D90 with 50mm and 70-300mm lenses. yeah they have been a bit post processing involved. I'm glad you liked it.
Old 25th May 2010, 14:44   #64
BHPian

Great pics and great review. This review encourages me as i have booked a 1.2 Petrol Emotion and am expecting it soon.
Old 25th May 2010, 15:02   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Great pics and great review. This review encourages me as i have booked a 1.2 Petrol Emotion and am expecting it soon.
Welcome to the club . You have selected the best hatch back and I'm sure you'll enjoy every single drive. Looking forward to hear back of ur car's arrival. Do share the pics and do not forget to PDI .

All the best!

Last edited by sandev : 25th May 2010 at 15:03. Reason: Edited link
Old 25th May 2010, 16:14   #66
BHPian

Thanks, I have already taken a printout of that PDI list and have informed the dealer that i would like to inspect the vehicle as soon as it arrives. It should be arriving in a week or so. He didn't have the Black one in stock .
Old 5th June 2010, 06:34   #67
BHPian

I should have spent around 600 hours on team-bhp in the last 7 months or so, almost 80% of which, reading Punto reviews. How did I miss this thread till now!

Grrreaat writeup and stunning pics! As someone rightly pointed out, these are the best Punto snaps I have ever seen.

You know, I have been dreaming about owning a Punto (I meant, really mine - my Dad used to own an 800 and now a Spark) for the last several months - had planned, imagined everything from the first visit to the dealership to the set of accessories I would buy, the post-delivery photo sessions, the fear of going out of control in the run-in period, the number of long drives, the congrats and appreciations from friends and relatives, and on and on - till one of my best friends (he owns a Palio NV - my passion for Fiat started after a trip in his Palio from Mumbai to Kerala) hinted about considering Polo as well. Everytime I talk with him, I talk about my Punto plans hoping that he won't have any other cars to suggest. :-) (Please, no offence meant to any Polo / non-Fiat owners, its just my crazy heart) Last few days my head and heart had been fighting - my heart was close to a victory trying to convince my head saying "Polo has ABS only on Highline, which is quite costlier than Punto E+".

But now after reading and "seeing" your thread, my head is 100% convinced! Thanks very much dude! I owe you (and a lot more in team-bhp, of course!) a party...

Sorry to hijack your thread, Sandeep! But you know, I just lost control... :-D

Devan.
Old 5th June 2010, 08:35   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devansn View Post
I should have spent around 600 hours on team-bhp in the last 7 months or so, almost 80% of which, reading Punto reviews. How did I miss this thread till now!

Grrreaat writeup and stunning pics! As someone rightly pointed out, these are the best Punto snaps I have ever seen.

You know, I have been dreaming about owning a Punto (I meant, really mine - my Dad used to own an 800 and now a Spark) for the last several months - had planned, imagined everything from the first visit to the dealership to the set of accessories I would buy, the post-delivery photo sessions, the fear of going out of control in the run-in period, the number of long drives, the congrats and appreciations from friends and relatives, and on and on - till one of my best friends (he owns a Palio NV - my passion for Fiat started after a trip in his Palio from Mumbai to Kerala) hinted about considering Polo as well. Everytime I talk with him, I talk about my Punto plans hoping that he won't have any other cars to suggest. :-) (Please, no offence meant to any Polo / non-Fiat owners, its just my crazy heart) Last few days my head and heart had been fighting - my heart was close to a victory trying to convince my head saying "Polo has ABS only on Highline, which is quite costlier than Punto E+".

But now after reading and "seeing" your thread, my head is 100% convinced! Thanks very much dude! I owe you (and a lot more in team-bhp, of course!) a party...

Sorry to hijack your thread, Sandeep! But you know, I just lost control... :-D

Devan.
Devan, I'm glad my review and my experience with GP has helped you taking final Decision. And I'm more than sure you won't regret a single drive on your Punto. It's worth every penny and more than that the drive comfort and pleasure what you get here can't be matched with any other.

I've completed 23K and the engine is getting better and better. The more I drive the more I fall in love. Follow your heart with the fact that Punto is the best hatch back.

Feel free to write me back f you have any query! Looking forward to hear of your car's arrival soon.

All the best!
Old 5th June 2010, 11:03   #69
BHPian

Surely I will need help from people like you - especially since I am from Navi Mumbai too.

As soon as I am back in Mumbai, my Punto procurement processes will start. Next month is what I think. Planning to go for Tuscan Wine is what I am planning for. Have never seen one in this colour in team-bhp - did I miss any threads? Any idea if it will be tough to maintain like the black? But I like that colour very much, next only to Black.

After driving the Palio NV 1.2 (although it can be thought of as a bit underpowered for its weight and handling capabilities - I am not a 0-100 enthu, so that really doesn't matter to me), I have never found a better handling car here in the US - of course, the costliest car I have driven here is a new Taurus and the roads here are pretty boring to drive on - not many twists and turns, etc. Mitsubishi Galant may have been the best handling I have felt. I really hope and believe that the Punto won't let me down...
Old 5th June 2010, 12:41   #70
BHPian

@devansn: SId has posted the pics of Tuscan Wine. Check this Tuscan Wine

I have not yet seen a Tuscan Wine ownership thread as of yet here. Looking forward to your ownership thread . Please keep us posted.

Last edited by arishi1 : 5th June 2010 at 12:44.
Old 5th June 2010, 15:22   #71
Senior - BHPian

dev, awesome photography and it also shows how the infrastructure has really developed in the country. i am a fan of northwest indian highways. the last time i was in rajasthan was in 2003 (the only time may i say) for my bits pilani viva. at that time itself i was impressed with the highways there. now its only getting better and is a fuel for a car like punto to be coerced into high speed drives.

i am thinking about the 1.4 punto, but not quite able to make up my mind for it as engine noise is heard a lot in the cabin atleast in the TD car. not yet driven the 1.3 so far.
Old 7th June 2010, 00:04   #72
BHPian

Sandev,
Your photos are so riveting. They are eloquent and vastly enhance the beauty of the car. Thanks a lot.
All the best.
Old 16th June 2010, 12:36   #73
BHPian

New addition to my Emotion

Guy's, I recently gifted my car its new alloys from HRS. Sharing with you all, let me know how does it look on it.

HRS - H 325, 14" 98 PCD.
Attached Thumbnails
What do I feel after 8000 kms? Grande Punto 1.3 - Emotion-dsc_0424.jpg  

What do I feel after 8000 kms? Grande Punto 1.3 - Emotion-dsc_0426.jpg  

What do I feel after 8000 kms? Grande Punto 1.3 - Emotion-dsc_0417.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 16th June 2010, 14:12   #74
Senior - BHPian

These alloys look great on the car!!
Old 16th June 2010, 21:47   #75
BHPian

great looking alloys. me too planning for alloys. Its HRS right?? how much is the price??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks