Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 11:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your buy !
It seems more sales on punto and i20 now-a-days in the hatchback sector !
Does this mean that other car manufactures are getting a real challenge now?
Old 24th November 2009, 13:30   #17
BHPian

Congratulations!
I myself love this car. It looks beautiful.
Take care and drive safe!
Old 25th November 2009, 11:41   #18
MCR
BHPian

Thanks for the wishes nairrk and Dante.

The MID screen also displays the message "low fuel warning". This happens when the needle is almost touching the "E" symbol in the gauge. First indicator is that the orange lamp( just below "E") starts glowing once the needle touches the red zone in the gauge.
Old 5th December 2009, 17:59   #19
MCR
BHPian

Hello Mods,
Pls rename the thread as, EDIT :1500 Kms crunched.

Had been to Varadahalli, sringeri, Hornadu over the last weekend. Oh boy the car simply likes to crunch the miles. (Touchwood)I covered 1200 Kms with ease and without any fatigue. The car handled bad roads on Chickmagalur - Sagara sector and Sringeri- Hornadu belt and the most hopeless stretch of road on the Horanadu - Chickmagalur route with great ease. Amazing ride quality, I never slowed down when encountering small and medium sized potholes. Amazing streering, took the curves in Kudremukh at 80Kmph and the steering provided excellent feedback without any hint of understeer or oversteer. Excellent foglamps and headlamps. Good luggage space for carrying stuff. Excellent car Fiat.

Last edited by MCR : 5th December 2009 at 18:04.
Old 5th December 2009, 22:38   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to know that you are satisfied with your Punto. Have you started pushing the car already? As its just done with the running in, i would suggest you to take it easy for another couple of kms on odo.
Old 5th December 2009, 23:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

I am glad you are having fun with the car. The car is a long distance tourer like no other. A good A/C, comfortable seats and brilliant dynamics make the Punto one of the best highway cars in India.

Here's to many more miles of happiness.
Old 5th December 2009, 23:49   #22
BHPian

Congratulations MCR on the landmark. Good that punto has kept you happy all along your journey. I am a great admirer of this car ever since it is launched. I feel FIAT has got everything right with this car and i bet it is going to go a long way. Happy puntoing
Old 8th December 2009, 14:32   #23
BHPian

Congratulations MCR. Yes, I too own a punto and have already clocked over 7K in the last 4 months. All Punto owners seem to want and travel as much as possible. Keep the miles crunching and happy punting.
Old 9th December 2009, 09:08   #24
MCR
BHPian

Thanks for the wishes .anshuman, Amartya, Soumya_Ramesh and Aquarian20.
Till date the max speed I have driven in my car is only 90KMPH. I have set the speed warning at 90KMPH. The rpm hovers around 2200 to 2400 in that speed in 5th gear. Only in 3rd and 4th gear does the rpm needle reach around 3500. I push the engine occassionally just to make it more free revving.
Old 9th December 2009, 10:08   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
The car is a long distance tourer like no other.
@MCR & tbhpians
Seems like GP is the only hatch with both highway poise and drivability in city. Other options are limited to Swift, i20, Jazz & Fabia.
Whats your opinion?
Old 9th December 2009, 11:34   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's View Post
@MCR & tbhpians
Seems like GP is the only hatch with both highway poise and drivability in city. Other options are limited to Swift, i20, Jazz & Fabia.
Whats your opinion?
The following are my personal opinion & I'm not looking forward to create a debate:

1) swift: Safety issue in case of a accident. But the MJD tuned for better performance.

2) i20: weird steering feel; too artificial, instrument cluster setup not too appealing (dull), felt suspension ok for city only. petrol FE better.

3) jazz: way out of VFM factor expensive. Suspension not at par with punto, but felt better than i20. FE better. lots of space. Dont know how the highway ride will be. ABS kicks in too early on heavy braking compared to punto. No Auto AC in top end variant or a option.

4) Fabia: its a skoda!! been around too long. performance not enough on the highway.

5) punto: biggest stock wheel setup. best braking & suspension out of the rest above. 1.4 FE good when driven with a light foot. mumbai @ around 6.5 lacs, a fully loaded 1.4 FIRE.

If you plan to buy a car restricted to the city only, you can consider the i20 after the punto. If you got the extra cash, add the jazz to the list.

But what impressed me the most about the 1.4 GP was the engine note.

Rev a 1.4 FIRE to 5000 - 6000 rpm and tell me if that didn't "naturally bring" a smile to your face!!

Last edited by TC_aashay : 9th December 2009 at 11:36.
Old 9th December 2009, 11:39   #27
Senior - BHPian

Great to read that you have covered 1500kms and that too you had visited my home town VARADAHALLI. My whole previous generation is from this place. How was the weather and road condition.
Old 9th December 2009, 15:48   #28
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_aashay View Post
The following are my personal opinion & I'm not looking forward to create a debate:

1) swift: Safety issue in case of a accident. But the MJD tuned for better performance.

2) i20: weird steering feel; too artificial, instrument cluster setup not too appealing (dull), felt suspension ok for city only. petrol FE better.

3) jazz: way out of VFM factor expensive. Suspension not at par with punto, but felt better than i20. FE better. lots of space. Dont know how the highway ride will be. ABS kicks in too early on heavy braking compared to punto. No Auto AC in top end variant or a option.

4) Fabia: its a skoda!! been around too long. performance not enough on the highway.

5) punto: biggest stock wheel setup. best braking & suspension out of the rest above. 1.4 FE good when driven with a light foot. mumbai @ around 6.5 lacs, a fully loaded 1.4 FIRE.

If you plan to buy a car restricted to the city only, you can consider the i20 after the punto. If you got the extra cash, add the jazz to the list.

But what impressed me the most about the 1.4 GP was the engine note.

Rev a 1.4 FIRE to 5000 - 6000 rpm and tell me if that didn't "naturally bring" a smile to your face!!
+1 on that. Punto is an amazing city and highway car. In city traffic, I just engage the gear to 2nd and take my foot off the accelerator. The torque takes care of the rest.
@Shishir_bn, the weather was very good. Glad to know that you are from Varadahalli.The roads are good all the way except a few stretches near Lingadahalli and Tarikere. I Covered the distance from Mysore to Sagara in about 7 hours. This included Lunch, snack and 3 coffee breaks and the max speed of 90KMPH.
Old 9th December 2009, 16:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

fantastic ride you have then. Good to know that you maintained the speed
Old 9th December 2009, 17:54   #30
Senior - BHPian

So the 1.4 FIRE is more FTD than the 1.3 MJD ? Just interested to hear the viewpoints from those having driven both, I haven't driven the petrol variant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks