Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2011, 12:34   #46
J.Ravi

Re: Second Service + Second car Update. First car : 16000 kms. Second car : 10200 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
We are so impressed with Punto that we have two of them.
I don't know how I missed this thread. Belated congratulations and best wishes, MCR, on possessing two precious Puntos. Nice to see two Puntos side-by-side.

Old 9th March 2011, 15:05   #47
BHPian

re: Story of two Puntos : Third Free service update

A very silly question. Does the two vehicles behave the same way in terms of FE and handling?(any minor changes). Just curious to know because the same vehicle is driven by same way by same person. I have seen people differ in opinion about their vehicle of same brand.
Old 9th March 2011, 15:18   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk2009 View Post
A very silly question. Does the two vehicles behave the same way in terms of FE and handling?(any minor changes). Just curious to know because the same vehicle is driven by same way by same person. I have seen people differ in opinion about their vehicle of same brand.
Sorry MCR for answering to a question pointed at you.
@vsk2009, the grey punto is driven mostly by MCR and the white one mostly by his brother-in-law. So the FE will surely be different.
As far as handling is concerned, MCR can answer this best.
Old 9th March 2011, 15:33   #49
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX007 View Post
You are right as the pic about the referral programe in the thread says so. But in Kerala this offer was introduced only in February. I got the SMS about this offer only in February. I had spoken to Ms. Shefali Chopra and she said that the delivery of the car should be made before Feb 28. Everything was done properly and I had sent the invoices on Feb 23 but till now there has been no communication.
Oh Ok. I was not aware of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I don't know how I missed this thread. Belated congratulations and best wishes, MCR, on possessing two precious Puntos. Nice to see two Puntos side-by-side.
Thanks Ravi sir.

Quote:
I have updated the FE in this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2258111

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Sorry MCR for answering to a question pointed at you.
@vsk2009, the grey punto is driven mostly by MCR and the white one mostly by his brother-in-law. So the FE will surely be different.
As far as handling is concerned, MCR can answer this best.
LOL. We keep exchanging the cars and they are almost always together, so the FE will average out. My BIL has a spirited driving style hence the FE acheived by him is a bit less. Handling wise both cars are exactly same. But the steering on the white punto is a bit lighter as compared to Grey Punto.

Last edited by MCR : 9th March 2011 at 15:35.
Old 9th March 2011, 16:08   #50
BHPian

Thanks MCR. Does the 2010 Punto has different tyre size?. I bought my car also in 2010 and I took a March model. But the later they reduced tyre size from 175 to 165. If it is 165 that may be the reason for light steering.
Old 9th March 2011, 16:59   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks MCR. Does the 2010 Punto has different tyre size?. I bought my car also in 2010 and I took a March model. But the later they reduced tyre size from 175 to 165. If it is 165 that may be the reason for light steering.
Maybe for petrol versions help FE? Else why should they ( and yah save $). Bad move IMHO.
Old 13th March 2011, 15:22   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Maybe for petrol versions help FE? Else why should they ( and yah save $). Bad move IMHO.
Completely agree with you. I have the following doubt. If we take the tyre size of 195/60 R15 for EP then diameter will be (19.5*60/100) +15*2.54=61.5 cm. For 175/70 R14 (earlier Emotion) it is (17.5*70/100) +14*2.54=60.06 cm and for 165/80 R14 it is (16.5*80/100) +14*2.54=61.96 cm. So 195 and 175 differ by 1.5 cm in diameter where 195 and 165 differ by 0.4 cm. So it may be the reason behind the changing the size. I don't know whether I calculated the diameter correctly.
Old 23rd March 2011, 15:46   #53
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the late reply vsk. The 2010 Punto also has 175/70 R14 tyre. So its exactly same as the 2009 spec tyre. Our 2009 car has nitrogen in its tyre, but the 2010 one has only air. But that should really not effect the steering. May be there was a design change in the 2010 car. This is because, almost all the 2010 manufactured cars have a lighter steering as compared to the 2009 car.
Old 23rd March 2011, 15:54   #54
BHPian

If i am not mistaken BS 4 punto's comes with 165 R 14. So there is a mix up of both in the 2010 models. Mine is a 165 R 14 and a Nov 2010 make.
Old 23rd March 2011, 16:09   #55
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post
If i am not mistaken BS 4 punto's comes with 165 R 14. So there is a mix up of both in the 2010 models. Mine is a 165 R 14 and a Nov 2010 make.
The car in question here is September 2010 make. Its Multijet Emotion variant.
Even I was a bit surprised since the Petrol 1.2 Emotion has 165 R14 tyres.
Old 28th April 2011, 13:57   #56
MCR
BHPian

The BNW car got its second service completed two weeks ago. The bill came to INR 4160/-. All the usual things like oil, AC filter, Diesel filter and oil filter were taken care of. The car had a issue with co-passenger seat recliner. Was solved after WD40 was generously sprayed on the mechanism. Other than that there were no issues.

The Med Grey car will goto the service station this Saturday as part of the free check-up camp. There is a small issue with the gearbox of this car. The first and second gear feels a lot rubbery, especially after driving the car for long distances and is a bit hard to slot. Its fine at start-up though. The other gears are perfectly ok. So this would be the issue I would concentrate on during the free check-up camp.

Mileage update;

Med Grey : 19500 kms
BNW : 16500 kms
Old 28th April 2011, 14:04   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

MCR,
Time to get the title of this thread changed I believe and time to start your long term ownership thread.

I'll be eagerly waiting for more on the gear shift problem though.
Hope its not a major problem.
Old 12th May 2011, 10:50   #58
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
MCR,
Time to get the title of this thread changed I believe and time to start your long term ownership thread.

I'll be eagerly waiting for more on the gear shift problem though.
Hope its not a major problem.
Yep. The gear shift problem is now gone. The shifter mechanism was lubricated during the free service camp.

Have bought the Osram Nightbreaker+ headlamps. Have not used them though. They costed INR 1050/- in Bangalore. Currently I have the Philips Extreme power on the GP, which I plan to use on the Alto.

There is a long drive coming up this weekend. Heading to Manipal for a marriage.

I have planned an upgarde of tyres. Have decided on Bridgestone Turanza ER-60. The size would be 185/70 R14. This would mean I would increase the patch size and the GC aswell.

Last edited by MCR : 12th May 2011 at 10:52.
Old 16th May 2011, 08:35   #59
BHPian

I am really sorry i missed that thread,it may sound a little bit out of syc and quite belated but still accept my heartiest congratulations for owning punto.
Well it must be an experience of its kind being around two puntos
Old 16th May 2011, 09:11   #60
BHPian

Re: Second Service + Second car Update. First car : 16000 kms. Second car : 10200 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
We are so impressed with Punto that we have two of them.

Experience with the First car : Punto MJD E in Medium grey avatar.

Present ODO : 16000+ kms

Completed the second free + oil change service on 13.11.2010. The service experience was good. But the delivery took some time. The bill came to Rs.4160/-. All the regular stuff was taken care of. Also I had asked for a wiper replacement. This was done for free. Ownership highlights is as follows :

1. Only one small rattle on the LHS of the dashboard. It was an electrical connector rubbing against the plastic. Sorted with an adhesive tape.
2. The suspension was making a rolling noise. Sorted by replacing and lubricating the wishbone bush.
3. AC works like a charm.
4. Steering is a bit heavy compared to cars with EPS.
5. The front LHS tyre is having a bit of uneven wear. Time to visit Madhus for an alignment and balancing session.
6. Gera shift is butter smooth.

The car has held up amazingly well, in spite of frequent trips on the Shiradi ghat. The ride quality is excellent. The high-speed stability is also amazing. Till date the highest speed recorded is 170 KMPH. The car was a bit noisy, but extremely stable. Did not push any further, since the OEM Bridgestones are rated up to that speed only.

Experience with the Second car : Punto MJD E in Bossa Nova White avatar.

Present ODO : 10000+ kms.

Have completed first free service. This car is also amazing. But the steering is a bit lighter on this car as compared to our 2009 car. This is something I always ponder on. This car also has had a fair run on Shiradi ghat, but has not developed any rattles. This car has had a warranty replacement of turn signal indicator unit. Ownership highlights is as follows :

1. The engine is yet to free up a bit.
2. Turn signal unit replaced under warranty.
3. Absolutely rattle free.
4. The engine guard plate was once tinkered and put back. Thanks to a huge speed breaker.
5. Gear shift is butter smooth.

Now for the pictures.
wow what a sight , a true visual treat.My gosh i am telling my heart could have skipped a beat or two.
I would suggest to get the cars inspected for plastic clutch cylinder in both the cars ,and if so ,please raise the matters with fiat and concerned tata dealership to get it replaced with the steel clutch cylinders

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks