Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2009, 06:16   #16
BHPian

The car looks great in White... Congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
does this actually improve the GC by 5mm? I note that the profile you have mentioned remains the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
Does it increase GC? aspect ratio(65) and rim size (15) remains same. Only thing is 10 mm increase in width.
"65" is a "ratio" not a absolute number... ie 65% of Width. He would actually gain around 6mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Also, is the wider tread compatible with the stock alloys?
& Yup... it easily would.

Cheers!
Goutham
Old 5th November 2009, 08:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats @iTnerd on your new Civic. Enjoy her to the fullest. Drive safe.
Old 5th November 2009, 09:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Nerd, awesome looking car. Congrats. I bet you'll have loads of fun after the run-in period. I am curious to know how the dealer registered the car without you having made full payment upfront.
Old 5th November 2009, 09:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Nerd, awesome looking car. Congrats. I bet you'll have loads of fun after the run-in period. I am curious to know how the dealer registered the car without you having made full payment upfront.
Thanks. Well, the dealer was kind enough to generate the invoice on 31st Oct, even though I didn't pay the full amount, so that I can take part in the Honda Fest which was valid for car purchases till 31st Oct.
Old 5th November 2009, 10:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your buy! It really looks very sporty and the rear spoiler will definitely add to the 'oomph' factor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
Does it increase GC? aspect ratio(65) and rim size (15) remains same. Only thing is 10 mm increase in width.
I was going to say the same, how will 205 add to 5 mm of GC?
Old 5th November 2009, 10:58   #21
BHPian

Hey congrats on your Civic. It looks stunning in White. Run-in is the most frustrating period for a Civic. Tacho climbs easily in City traffic due to low low-end torque and high-revving nature of the engine. Take it easy till then!

About tire upgrade, keep in mind that it voids warranty on some items like, alloys, suspension etc, as it increases the weight of the wheels. Check the warranty booklet for fine print. VIN is linked to every single part in the car (including tires). Yes it gets you additional 6.5mm of GC. Tire height = 65% of 205 vs. 65% of 195. It should reduce FE by atleast 1kmpl IMO.

Good luck for the contest. Note that whatever you win attracts 30% TDS (even for accessory package), so its not completely free.

Some more pics needed.
Old 5th November 2009, 14:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the white horse looks great.
Get a decent fog lamps as well. And pimp her with blue HID's
Probably you had the best SX4 with decent mods in the forum.
Old 5th November 2009, 14:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

@iTNerd: Congrats on your purchase. You have got yourself a great machine which is bound to give you years & miles of trouble free service. I guess its time for you to change your avatar from the SX4 to the Civic :-)

One question - You say the odo read 7km which was the distance from the stockyard to the showroom, what about the distance from the showroom to the RTO and back?
From the pics I see your car is registered.

Do post more pics of the car esp the interiors and also after you add the spoiler and do the tyre upgrade.
Old 5th November 2009, 16:58   #24
BHPian

what are the obvious and subtle differences you find between the SX4 and civic?
Old 5th November 2009, 17:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

Some updates:

1) Today, upsized tyres to Michelin Primacy LC 205/65/15 (all 5 of them) and as per expectation, the road noise is almost (90%) gone and the car seems to gain height..handling/cornering is much better..with no noise, coupled with the super silent iVTEC, I felt like driving an electric or hybrid car.. LOVE IT!

2) Applied 3M sunfilms (black shade) on the sides and rear.. 35% transparency (heat rejection of 39%, UV-99%)

3) On 130 kms so far, got 10.4 kmpl on the average meter. 80% of it on City (Delhi's ever congested traffic) with 100% AC.. I could not be happier.. (my SX4 used to give around 11-11.25 kmpl)..

Only remaining mod for now is the Type R carbon fibre rear spoiler.. enquired with PROAUTOMODS noida and spoke to harish (not sure if he is a member here in TeamBHP and he said he had the full type R kits as well as the spoliers.. Rear spoiler alone cost 12K, so that's the only mod I intend to take up this weekend!

More:
*As the front windshield occupies a large area, is it advisable to go for a sun-film as well? what are the implications on having sun-film (50% visibility) on the front?

*I find the rear visibility good to me and so unlike SX4, I had no problem reversing.. would puting up the type R rear spoiler spoil the visibility? As I understand, the type R spoiler is a good feet tall.. so, that might give some decent visibility beneath, right?

*Parking sensors - though, I find the rear visibility fine, reverse parking sensor might help in detecting low objects.. any suggestion which one to go for?

Took more pics after the Michelin and sun-films
133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-1.jpg
133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-2.jpg
133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-3.jpg
133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-4.jpg
133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-5.jpg
133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-6.jpg

Last edited by iTNerd : 5th November 2009 at 17:27.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2009, 18:03   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
Hey congrats on your Civic. It looks stunning in White. Run-in is the most frustrating period for a Civic. Tacho climbs easily in City traffic due to low low-end torque and high-revving nature of the engine. Take it easy till then!
Thanks! About the run-in, the honda salesman mentioned its not required. I didn't read any mention of it also in the manual (just in the few pages that I read)...but anyway, till I reach 1000 kms, I am not revving more than 3K, but on some occassions it did went pass.. love the way my body is pulled back to the seat when I agressively accelerate on empty roads..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
About tire upgrade, keep in mind that it voids warranty on some items like, alloys, suspension etc, as it increases the weight of the wheels. Check the warranty booklet for fine print. VIN is linked to every single part in the car (including tires). Yes it gets you additional 6.5mm of GC. Tire height = 65% of 205 vs. 65% of 195. It should reduce FE by atleast 1kmpl IMO.

Good luck for the contest. Note that whatever you win attracts 30% TDS (even for accessory package), so its not completely free.

Some more pics needed.
Yeah. I knew it, but at the end, who cares..till the car runs, I want the comfort and handling, and not to forgot to get rid of the noise.. so, I think its worth it..besides, I needed some increment on the GC, as even a few increase in mm makes all the difference..

BTW, I got the 2+2 years warranty, though I didn't applied for the extended warranty.. did you get the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Congrats on the white horse looks great.
Get a decent fog lamps as well. And pimp her with blue HID's
Probably you had the best SX4 with decent mods in the forum.
Thanks Ram! Fog lamp costs 20K.. at this point, its not a priority.. but let me see how much I require it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
@iTNerd: Congrats on your purchase. You have got yourself a great machine which is bound to give you years & miles of trouble free service. I guess its time for you to change your avatar from the SX4 to the Civic :-).
Thanks rr_zen! yeah, didn't get much time lately to even enjoy the new car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
@One question - You say the odo read 7km which was the distance from the stockyard to the showroom, what about the distance from the showroom to the RTO and back?
From the pics I see your car is registered.

Do post more pics of the car esp the interiors and also after you add the spoiler and do the tyre upgrade.
I think the dealer already had some pre-registered numbers in hand and the salesman asked me to choose one number from 3 of them.. don't think, for new car, it had to been driven down to the RTO.. not sure..

Quote:
Originally Posted by samrat25 View Post
what are the obvious and subtle differences you find between the SX4 and civic?
Obvious: can't think of any..yeah got one.. bumper to bumper driving is nightmare due to less torque on low end..

Subtle:
* NVH
* High quality plastics and interiors
* Low seating and hugging seats
* lot of space
* optimum use of storage space.. its got a lot!

Last edited by iTNerd : 5th November 2009 at 18:09.
Old 5th November 2009, 18:18   #27
BHPian

Woooo, finally, sweet! Congrats on your new white Civic... sure looks a beauty
Old 5th November 2009, 18:20   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the new Civic. Its no doubt a beauty and also it looks the best in white. If you just add black alloys to it along with your spoiler it will complete the mean look.

10.5kmpl seems to be a very good average for a Civic. My i10 Kappa gives me 11kmpl in city driving conditions

Look forward to some interior, side profile and close up of tyres. Also, sorry for my ignorant question. How much PSI before this facelifted Civic carried?
Old 5th November 2009, 18:42   #29
Team-BHP Support

Congratz! car is looking good indeed. Happy Vtec'hing!
Old 5th November 2009, 19:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
*As the front windshield occupies a large area, is it advisable to go for a sun-film as well? what are the implications on having sun-film (50% visibility) on the front?
Go for the 70% visibility for the front. 50% might compromise on your visibility at night. Again, its personal preference.

Most Viewed