Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2009, 19:42   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
I think the dealer already had some pre-registered numbers in hand and the salesman asked me to choose one number from 3 of them.. don't think, for new car, it had to been driven down to the RTO.. not sure..
I have heard a lot about RTOs, but pre-registered number is not one of them. This takes it to a new height! lol As per rules, the car definitely needs to be taken to the RTO for a visual inspection of the chassis and engine nos. by the inspector. I have never heard of regn. numbers being allotted to a dealer so that he can give his customers a choice. Most probably what happened is that the dealer showed you a running series and he has enough pull at the RTO to get one of the numbers allotted.

We are debating a non-issue here though. You have a number and you have a car. Time to enjoy!
Old 5th November 2009, 19:50   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Civic! It's time to change your avatar
Old 5th November 2009, 20:18   #33
Senior - BHPian

The pics are awesome ! One can drool over her for hours together for sure !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I have heard a lot about RTOs, but pre-registered number is not one of them. This takes it to a new height! lol As per rules, the car definitely needs to be taken to the RTO for a visual inspection of the chassis and engine nos. by the inspector. I have never heard of regn. numbers being allotted to a dealer so that he can give his customers a choice. Most probably what happened is that the dealer showed you a running series and he has enough pull at the RTO to get one of the numbers allotted.

We are debating a non-issue here though. You have a number and you have a car. Time to enjoy!
Absolutely. It is not an issue per se but curiosity seeks the modus operandi of this exercise.

Quote:

1) Today, upsized tyres to Michelin Primacy LC 205/65/15 (all 5 of them) and as per expectation, the road noise is almost (90%) gone and the car seems to gain height..handling/cornering is much better..with no noise, coupled with the super silent iVTEC, I felt like driving an electric or hybrid car.. LOVE IT!
Can you share how much you had to shell out for the new tyres and how much the old ones fetched you.
By the way, if you replaced 5 tyres, then am assuming that the spare tyre to be of regular size which is quite contradictory to the theory I read on another thread in the forum that the spare tyre that comes with the Civic these days (post Oct 2008 or so) is a donut tyre. Can current Civic owners clarify this?

Quote:
2) Applied 3M sunfilms (black shade) on the sides and rear.. 35% transparency (heat rejection of 39%, UV-99%)
3M is a good brand no doubt. How much did this set you back by ?

Last edited by rr_zen : 5th November 2009 at 20:19.
Old 5th November 2009, 20:33   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your Civic. She's cool

Quote:
upsized tyres to Michelin Primacy LC 205/65/15 (all 5 of them)
Was your stepney also alloy? Also was it a donut or same size?
Did the bigger dimension fit in exactly at the boot like the 195?, or you see any issues?
Old 5th November 2009, 20:47   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Can you share how much you had to shell out for the new tyres and how much the old ones fetched you.
By the way, if you replaced 5 tyres, then am assuming that the spare tyre to be of regular size which is quite contradictory to the theory I read on another thread in the forum that the spare tyre that comes with the Civic these days (post Oct 2008 or so) is a donut tyre. Can current Civic owners clarify this?

3M is a good brand no doubt. How much did this set you back by ?
I contacted a dealer from the Michelin website.. asked a few more dealers and Michelin Primacy LC is not readily available as these dealers don't stock them because it is more expensive and hence less demand.. I got 5500 per piece, and the dealer bought back the stock bridgestone for 3900 per piece.. so effectively, I paid a balance of 8K for 5 pieces.. (think its bit on a higher side, but I took the plunge because I was too tired to look out for another dealer and another round of bargaining).. anyway happy with the tires, and knowing that certain envyful speed breakers would need to grow by an inch to scrap the car's bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Congrats on your Civic. She's cool

Was your stepney also alloy? Also was it a donut or same size?
Did the bigger dimension fit in exactly at the boot like the 195?, or you see any issues?
Thanks! Stepney is steel. And yes, it is of the same size.. and yes, it fits quite comfortably with the 205.. no issues at all
Old 5th November 2009, 22:01   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I contacted a dealer from the Michelin website.. asked a few more dealers and Michelin Primacy LC is not readily available as these dealers don't stock them because it is more expensive and hence less demand.. I got 5500 per piece, and the dealer bought back the stock bridgestone for 3900 per piece.. so effectively, I paid a balance of 8K for 5 pieces.. (think its bit on a higher side, but I took the plunge because I was too tired to look out for another dealer and another round of bargaining).. anyway happy with the tires, and knowing that certain envyful speed breakers would need to grow by an inch to scrap the car's bottom
I would say that the money you spent was worth every penny. After hearing that the 195/65 R15 tyres do not fetch a good buy back price as they are not very popular, I think you got a very decent deal on your tyres.

Quote:
Thanks! Stepney is steel. And yes, it is of the same size.. and yes, it fits quite comfortably with the 205.. no issues at all
That answers my query now. So there is no donut tyre (like the ones found on the US Civic) but a steel rimmed tyre of the regular size.

By the way, you haven't told how much you spent on the sun film.
Old 5th November 2009, 23:01   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
As per rules, the car definitely needs to be taken to the RTO for a visual inspection of the chassis and engine nos. by the inspector.
Not anymore here in Delhi at least. Dealer has a particular sequence/series of registration numbers from a particular RTO. Hence the customer is a provided with a choice between 4-5 numbers.
So, effectively, registration number is allotted even before the car is registered in the customer's name, and without the car being inspected at the RTO.

@iTnerd: Congrats dude. Have fun with your beauty.
Old 6th November 2009, 09:27   #38
Senior - BHPian

I had a problem with the power window on the left rear door.. using the switch button to lower/higher the glass is very slow, and I had to pull the switch many times to higher the glass.. lowering down the glass is OK..just pulling up.. I suspect something must have fallen into it, when installing sun-film yesterday.. any idea how I can fix it?
Old 6th November 2009, 12:37   #39
BHPian

Absolutely gorgeous car. Nice choice of color as well.
Please post some pics of the interior.
Old 6th November 2009, 13:19   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Not anymore here in Delhi at least. Dealer has a particular sequence/series of registration numbers from a particular RTO. Hence the customer is a provided with a choice between 4-5 numbers.
Cool. One learns something new everyday. Sounds like a good way to cut down the one day waiting time for registration.
Old 6th November 2009, 13:30   #41
Senior - BHPian

Also gives a customer choice of few numbers to choose from which I suppose doesn't happen at the RTO unless you need a special number for which you are prepared to shell out money.
Old 6th November 2009, 13:55   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Some updates:

Applied 3M sunfilms (black shade) on the sides and rear.. 35% transparency (heat rejection of 39%, UV-99%)

More:
*As the front windshield occupies a large area, is it advisable to go for a sun-film as well? what are the implications on having sun-film (50% visibility) on the front?
35% transparency with heat rejection of 39% that means you have got CS35, which is not very good, and not per approved RTO limit of 50% visibility on sides.

Civic has got huge windshield and it definitely deserves V-Kool70 (70% Visibility with 55% heat rejection, 94% IR Rejection and 99% UV Rejection) will cost around 12-13K.

The other option for front is 3M CR70 (70% Visibility with 59% heat rejection, 97% IR Rejection and 99% UV Rejection) will cost around 6-7K.

You can also check for Llumar air 65 or air 75, which will cost in between V-Kool and 3M.

I would suggest for 3M CR70 cheapest of 3 and very good feature.
Old 6th November 2009, 15:46   #43
Senior - BHPian

congratulations on your ivtec, looks good in these shade.One of the best interior styling with those digital dials, still looks good.wish you happy miles ahead.
Old 6th November 2009, 17:11   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would say that the money you spent was worth every penny. After hearing that the 195/65 R15 tyres do not fetch a good buy back price as they are not very popular, I think you got a very decent deal on your tyres.
I could have gotten even better deal if I had checked out 2-3 more dealers..

Quote:
That answers my query now. So there is no donut tyre (like the ones found on the US Civic) but a steel rimmed tyre of the regular size.

By the way, you haven't told how much you spent on the sun film.
Got it for 3K with 2 yrs warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool_Red View Post
Absolutely gorgeous car. Nice choice of color as well.
Please post some pics of the interior.
Thanks! I will try to clean up the plastics as well as the car and will take some close up snaps by the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
35% transparency with heat rejection of 39% that means you have got CS35, which is not very good, and not per approved RTO limit of 50% visibility on sides.

Civic has got huge windshield and it definitely deserves V-Kool70 (70% Visibility with 55% heat rejection, 94% IR Rejection and 99% UV Rejection) will cost around 12-13K.

The other option for front is 3M CR70 (70% Visibility with 59% heat rejection, 97% IR Rejection and 99% UV Rejection) will cost around 6-7K.

You can also check for Llumar air 65 or air 75, which will cost in between V-Kool and 3M.

I would suggest for 3M CR70 cheapest of 3 and very good feature.
Yes, it is 3M CS 35. I wanted a darker shade and hence went for 35% transparency, though i knew it was illegal..But I had been lucky with my SX4 which had 35% for the past 2.5 years..

For the windshield, thanks, I will get a good quotation for 3M CR70 this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
congratulations on your ivtec, looks good in these shade.One of the best interior styling with those digital dials, still looks good.wish you happy miles ahead.
Thanks!

Last edited by iTNerd : 6th November 2009 at 17:15.
Old 6th November 2009, 21:12   #45
BANNED

Quote:
* Absolutely stunning looks - even after 4 years, this design of the 8th gen Civic, still gets the WOW factor.. put to shame the like of Altis.
whatever be the looks of altis, it still outperforms civic in every sense. People love the Altis' design (includes everything) more than civic. corolla is outselling the civic, that's the people's way of showing love

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks