Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2009, 21:31   #1
Senior - BHPian

133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)

Finally it happened and took delivery of my new car - the new Honda Civic S, tafeta white color from Courtsey Honda, Delhi. Having driven on SX4 for the past 2.5 years, the transition to Civic is a very experiencing feeling, especially, the feel of the 133 horses under the hood, as well as the refinement and the low seating.

And I love the looks of the new facelift - the smoked headlamps, and mesh grill and the Type R styled bumper.

Delivery process
Taking a print-out of the TBHpian's sacred pre-delivery inspection & check list, I rushed off with my other two younger brothers to the showroom and by the time we reached, they were readying the car. After writing the balance check amount, I started the audition process one by one on the checklist and the staffs at the showroom were amazed at the way I was going through the checklist and checking each and every part of the car.. card has just 7 kms on the odometer and told me that that is the distance between their showroom and their stockyard. After 20 minutes or so of inspections, and having found no issues, I went ahead with the signatue on the papers and wrote check and then off I was from the showroom.. ye ha.... finally the car that my heart always carved for it .

Just to my surprise, dealer only filled 3 litres of petrol and the warning lamp was on. With worse traffic in Okhla industrial area, I struggled the first few minutes driving it through the bumper to bumper traffic with two wheelers whisking in every small space that they can squeezed into.. I was really worried that someone would just scratch or bump and I was very very careful while braking and accelerating.. nevertheless after crossing badarpur border, took the car to the nearest Indian Oil pump, and top it up and my god, 44.5 litres it consumed on auto-cut..

What I love about this car?

* Absolutely stunning looks - even after 4 years, this design of the 8th gen Civic, still gets the WOW factor.. put to shame the like of Altis.

* Build quality - every single part of Civic seems, its built to last, plastics quality is top notch, new fabric seat and pattern has nice touch and feel, seat wraps around the driver very nicely.

* Dash layout is awesome - buttons and controls on the dash are placed where they are supposed to be, the digital speedometer, the small leather wrapped steering all gives a very sporty appeal while driving.

* The i-VTEC engine with its 133 PS delivers power whenever I revv it and love the responsiveness.

Freebies: Car cover, Pillows, Perfume.

Had only spent a hour and half on the car yet. So more will come soon tomorrow.. For now, some few pics that I managed to in the showroom.
Name:  DSC00036.jpg
Views: 13617
Size:  91.1 KB
133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-dsc00029.jpg
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2009, 21:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations ! She looks beautiful in white.

Do post some more pics of the interiors. Do you find the low seating more comfortable or a hindrance as opposed to SX4's high seating ?

Last edited by sdp1975 : 4th November 2009 at 21:40.
Old 4th November 2009, 21:39   #3
BHPian

Congratulations friend. Good purchase. Love the new style. Car looks stunning in white. Post some interior pics please. What was the on-road price??

Enjoy, Drive Safe.
Old 4th November 2009, 21:45   #4
BHPian

hey congrats man this is a true beauty.

Be Safe & take care
Old 4th November 2009, 21:48   #5
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the new car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
* Absolutely stunning looks - even after 4 years, this design of the 8th gen Civic, still gets the WOW factor.. put to shame the like of Altis.
Thats the one thing that struck me when i saw the first pic. Looks extremely good and sporty even after seeing it almost every day on the roads. Certainly one of the better designs around, IMO.

Whats the approximate OTR?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 4th November 2009 at 21:50.
Old 4th November 2009, 21:53   #6
BHPian

Congratulations for the white beauty. You will more enjoy when you drive the beauty on highways. Sit inside and push the car to redline and you will enjoy its response. Drive safely.
Old 4th November 2009, 21:55   #7
BHPian

congrats bro...

nice sweet ride. does she not come shorn with leather to cosset you on the inside? thought that was a standard across all civic variants?

drive sane and stay safe...
Old 4th November 2009, 22:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Tafeta white reminds me of my 96 Civic.

Congrats and enjoy the car for a long time.
Old 4th November 2009, 23:09   #9
BHPian

One word - Awesome.

It is far far ahead in terms of what it is, than the City (claimed 85% Civic but nowhere close).

It has been around for a while, still, the best sporty looking car in India today.

Congratulations and drive safe.
Old 4th November 2009, 23:14   #10
BHPian

Congratulations....she looks amazing.
Old 5th November 2009, 00:31   #11
Senior - BHPian

Thank you guys/gals. Had already done around 60 kms on Greater Noida expressway some time ago (night) with four adults (one is a very fat 130 Kgs friend). The suspension seems to hold it, and so far no bottoming it on speadbreakers and bad roads.. Only gross I have is the unavailibility of the audio-controls in the steering wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Do you find the low seating more comfortable or a hindrance as opposed to SX4's high seating ?
Suprisingly, I am loving the low seating and is very comfortable.. love the roomy space.. lots of it..

Will post more pictures, including interior tomorrow..

Mods plans this week:
1) Upsize the tyres from the stock bridgestones 195/65/15 to Michelin Primacy LC 205/65/15, for reducing noise, better handling and a very precious increment of 5mm to the GC.

2) Install the original Civic Type R rear spoiler with the black carbon fibre in the middle portion and body colored on the sides

3) Install dark shades (sun films)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Whats the approximate OTR?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
What was the on-road price??
OTR comes out to be 12.60 lacs including:
2+2 years warranty
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2009, 00:47   #12
BHPian

Hi congrats friend.Enjoy the i VTEC.Ride safe.The car looks great in white.Please post more pictures.
Old 5th November 2009, 00:49   #13
BHPian

Civic is an excellent car, Congrats iTNerd
Enjoy and Drive SAFE
Old 5th November 2009, 04:00   #14
Team-BHP Support

Does anyone know what kind of impact on fuel efficiency if any the tyre upgrade below would cause to the civic? Having driven the civic in the city and highway, I do feel sometimes that 205 rubber would improve the cornering abilities a bit.

does this actually improve the GC by 5mm? I note that the profile you have mentioned remains the same. Also, is the wider tread compatible with the stock alloys?

Quote:
Mods plans this week:
1) Upsize the tyres from the stock bridgestones 195/65/15 to Michelin Primacy LC 205/65/15, for reducing noise, better handling and a very precious increment of 5mm to the GC.

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th November 2009 at 04:02. Reason: omitted to mention "fuel efficiency" in 1st line
Old 5th November 2009, 05:57   #15
BHPian

Quote:
..1) Upsize the tyres from the stock bridgestones 195/65/15 to Michelin Primacy LC 205/65/15, for reducing noise, better handling and a very precious increment of 5mm to the GC.
Does it increase GC? aspect ratio(65) and rim size (15) remains same. Only thing is 10 mm increase in width.

Most Viewed