Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 10:20   #46
Senior - BHPian

PHEW.......Pics finally

Well conditioned Scorpio Dev.. & I must say nice catch.

[quote=n.devdath;1583672]This is a small, "friendly" photo session of the 2 most popular SUVs in India today..For your eyes only
[quote]
Old 16th November 2009, 10:24   #47
Senior - BHPian

One of the best vehicle to view at. fantastic Dev. You have done it. You are very lucky to have a gem of a vehicle. Nice to see you having a good vehicle. There is a saying "if you are good to other then good things happen to you also". maybe this is a good thing that happened. Wonderfully maintained. Thanks for the shots.
Old 16th November 2009, 10:34   #48
BANNED

[quote=Rahulk76;1584612]PHEW.......Pics finally
Well conditioned Scorpio Dev.. & I must say nice catch.

Thanks Rahul, I m glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
One of the best vehicle to view at. fantastic Dev. You have done it. You are very lucky to have a gem of a vehicle. Nice to see you having a good vehicle. There is a saying "if you are good to other then good things happen to you also". maybe this is a good thing that happened. Wonderfully maintained. Thanks for the shots.
It was my duty to put the shots Shishir, you need not thank me. Thank you for your wishes
Old 16th November 2009, 10:43   #49
Team-BHP Support

Devdath, that is a well-maintained piece you picked up. Making me jealous, actually.

Did you have to spend on anything as part of preventive maintenance after you bought it?

I must say, the older grill really looked nice. The new walrus tooth is the biggest undoing in the looks of the vehicle.
Old 16th November 2009, 11:29   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Devdath, that is a well-maintained piece you picked up. Making me jealous, actually.

Did you have to spend on anything as part of preventive maintenance after you bought it?

I must say, the older grill really looked nice. The new walrus tooth is the biggest undoing in the looks of the vehicle.
Thank You benbsb29,
All I did after I bought it was get it serviced as per routine at 25k which cost me 3050.00.
The next plan is to clean the interiors using 3M on my own, get a front windshield film, buy floor mats like HappyWheels and little else..
Do you know if 3M products are available for sale in retail as well??
Old 16th November 2009, 11:29   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
...I must say, the older grill really looked nice. The new walrus tooth is the biggest undoing in the looks of the vehicle.
The same thought we had when we were taking the photos!
Old 16th November 2009, 11:33   #52
Senior - BHPian

Wow Canara banks rates are very tempting but i guess one has to do with their attitude, which is ok i guess

Waiting for the story to continue, would want to know how did the paper work go and also the time taken for the loan to sanction.
Old 16th November 2009, 11:41   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Thank You MileCruncher,
You are correct, I try to use the ORVMs only on the highways and use the inside rear view mirror in the city coupled with craning my neck out of the window like a giraffe while turning.
The reason being the fact that I have seen too many broken ORVMs on other vehicles due to their virtue of being open in the city.
Devdath, I cannot stress enough, how important are ORVM's and how much safer it can make one's driving with its use especially with a vehicle of this proportions. One would still have blind spots even the usage of ORVM, but it reduces the chances of a surprise. Plus ORVMs are needed the most in the city compared to anywhere else.

Also since Scorpio ORVMs are for only about 1000 bucks a pice, its a small amount to pay for safety and being a considerate road user.
Old 16th November 2009, 12:00   #54
BHPian

One of the best deals I must say! Looks too neat! Sorry was too late due to an idiot who had to drill twice for mounting my lcd. will catch up once I am back from home. Like the number: 7073, my santro's number it was !

Last edited by bantejas : 16th November 2009 at 12:08.
Old 16th November 2009, 12:20   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Devdath, I cannot stress enough, how important are ORVM's and how much safer it can make one's driving with its use especially with a vehicle of this proportions. One would still have blind spots even the usage of ORVM, but it reduces the chances of a surprise. Plus ORVMs are needed the most in the city compared to anywhere else.

Also since Scorpio ORVMs are for only about 1000 bucks a pice, its a small amount to pay for safety and being a considerate road user.
I completely agree with you. I will try to develop the habit of using them but I guess it will take some time. I enquired at the MASS and I guess the quote was 2300 per piece with painting. Not too sure though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Wow Canara banks rates are very tempting but i guess one has to do with their attitude, which is ok i guess

Waiting for the story to continue, would want to know how did the paper work go and also the time taken for the loan to sanction.
The interest rates are the only reason I bore all their attitude with patience, and yes, I did get to meet a few good people as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
One of the best deals I must say! Looks too neat! Sorry was too late due to an idiot who had to drill twice for mounting my lcd. will catch up once I am back from home. Like the number: 7073, my santro's number it was !
Thank You Tejas, no issues, we ll meet up soon, so, you have an LCD now, cool man,
Old 16th November 2009, 12:31   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
...Thank You Tejas, no issues, we ll meet up soon, so, you have an LCD now, cool man,
Yeah, cool!

So, what was the deal?
Old 16th November 2009, 12:39   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Yeah, cool!

So, what was the deal?
Lemme take a guess at this one, Tejas buying LCD.Hmmm..how does 4500.00 sound??

My finance story continues....

I reached "my branch". See how it became "mine" suddenly!!!! and walked upto a person behind whom a board proclaimed- "Senior Manager". Seeing my id around my neck, he motioned me to sit. I told him my requirement and he said he would put up the file. He also told me that I would need to open an account with the bank to which I glady agreed.
I must say, he was very polite and soft spoken. He told me to give him the cash to deposit as an opening amount in case I was getting late. He kindly offered me the forms and told me the papers the bank required. He also told me that he would get it done in a week's time. The papers he told me apart from the regular income, address and ID proofs were the following:
1. Valuation Report by the bank's authorised valuer.
2. "B" Extract from the RTO.
3. A Sale agreement.
4. Xerox copies of the RC and the Insurance.
5. A guarantor with income. id and age proof.
All this seemed easy peasy. It was still the 12th of October.
I was happy.

The very next day, I had the valuation done, which costed me 850.00. I readied all my documents the day after. The only document left was the "B" Extract.
And what followed was something I had never expected.

The owner had to go to the RTO to get the Extract. I told him the same and inspite of a few attempts, it was being delayed. It was already the 17th of October and the file hadnt even been submitted to the bank.

I was able to get the B-Extract from the owner on the 19th which meant I had 5 working days to get the file through.I rushed to the bank for another surprise. The Manager I had spoken to was not to be seen. Upon enquiry I came to know that he was on leave for 2 weeks. I was perplexed. Nobody else seemed helpful. Then, I decided to meet the AGM.
Fortunately, he too was very helpful and jovial. He asked me "Why a used car? Go for a new one". When I told him I could not afford it, he said "I m here to assist you,I will give you a loan". He assured me that he will send my file the same day to the Hub.
I submitted the file to the branch. The next day, I went to the Retail Hub and met the lady in charge of car loans. She was busy chatting with her colleauges and told me that the file had come but as per the new directive, she would need to send it to the Head Office for EDs permission as my salary account was not with Canara Bank. When I asked her the time for the same, she said,
"Sir please understand, he is not an AGM or a GM, but the Executive Director of our bank. He is usually on tour or abroad, it may take a week, 2 weeks or more." I asked her "Is there no way to explain my situation?" pat came the answer, "No Sir, he is too senior for that, in case you are in a hurry, you can go elsewhere, shall I give your file back??"

I decided to go to the ED's office and asked her if the file had gone there. She told me it would go by their messenger by today afternoon, not to the ED office, but to the Circle Office first to be reviewed by the GM who would then send it to the ED office and it would also come back the same way.I reached the Circle Office the Wednesday in the morning and met the GM's PA. He told me that the GM was on leave on Tuesday and he would look into the file today by afternoon if he came to office. I told him that I would come back in the afternoon to check, to which he said "What is the use Sir? If he wants to do it, he will do it, if not he will not" "You go to office Saar, I will get it done and send it to the ED office by evening."
I was feeling helpless but there wasnt much I could do, so I left the place and loitered around till lunch (the bank lunch). I went back to meet him at 1430 HRS and to my surprise, he showed me my envelope which contained all the files and was ready to be sent to the EDs office.
The GM's PA told me that it would reach the ED Office by 1600HRS. I was quite confident of getting it signed by the ED the same day. But, Providence had something else in store.....

Continued...
Old 16th November 2009, 13:10   #58
BANNED

Office Office

I took an auto (I usually take buses) and reached the Canara Bank HO opposite Town Hall at 1615 HRS. Being a high security place, I met the receptionist and told her that I needed to meet the ED. She looked at me from top to bottom as if I was a zombie.

"Which ED do you want to meet?" You see, my loan file has come here for his sanction as I do not have a salary account with Canara Bank, and the seller is leaving the country this weekend, so I need the sanction today.
"That must be Mr." " Ok but do you have an appointment?" No. "Then you need to take one first, let me call his assistant and check" She dialled a number and explained my situation to the person on the other end.
"Please look up". "No no, this side". I realised she was trying to take my photo for the id.

"Ok, sign here, go up the stairs to the mezzanine floor. The entire floor is his office. Go straight into his Secratariat".
Thank You was all I could say and rushed upstairs. I went through the board which said "Executive Director's Secretariat" and was dumbfounded for a minute.
He had a AGM as his Chief Secy and 2 RMs as his Secys. He was indeed a very very senior officer.

I spoke to the AGM who directed me to an RM. He said "Your file hasnt come yet Sir". Understanding my urgency, he was kind enough to call the GM Office and check. He said" Sir, the file has left the GM Office, and must be on its way, you go home, I will get it done and call you tommorow."

There goes Wednesday.

I was present at the HO at 0900HRS on Thursday and waited for the receptionist to come. She recognised me the moment she saw me.
"What happened?" I told her. "Nobody will come before 1000HRS Sir"."Dont worry, I will send you upstairs once they are in".

I passed my time in going through the various medals, rosewood statues, and brass Gods kept for public viewing.

I was back at his table at 1015HRS."The ED was very busy yesterday Sir, he did not do it, your file is on top today, he will do it for sure". Can I wait outside? "Not required Sir, you go to office, it will be done by evening, see he has called a couple of GMs to discuss a few things, so it will take time".
I told him that I would wait at the reception downstairs till he told me it was done.

At lunch, I walked back to him. To my surprise, there were at least a dozen police officers, a few people in white and lots of snacks around. The ED was with some people, discussing something. I met the RM. "The Finance Minister of KA is with him Sir" Please wait till evening." Having no other option, I went to a small theater nearby and watched a hindi movie for some time. I was back at the bank by 1700 HRS. The receptionist,now a confidante, told me that the ED was in office hence my chances of getting it done were very bright. Time slowly ticked by. I went to the RM at 1900HRS who told me that it was still lying on the top of all other files.

I came downstairs and continued my wait. At 2130HRS, the ED with his entire posse of 3 Secys walked down and all of them left together in the same car. I could not ask my RM of the status.

As I was about to leave, a peon came to me and said "Sir, the RM has told me to tell you that they are going to a meeting and they have taken your file with them to get it done asap" I felt much better and went home.

It was Friday and I was back at the bank at 0930HRS.I was tense as I walked up the stairs to meet the RM. But as soon he saw me, he shook my hand vigorously and said,"Your file is approved Sir, and I have already sent it to the GM Office who will send it to the Retail Hub". He called the GM office and told them to send the file to the Retail Hub immediately.
I really felt grateful to him and thanked him profusely before heading out to the Retail Hub.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2009, 13:18   #59
Senior - BHPian

Wow that was some amount of hardwork put in by you to get the job done!

btw in regular case is it required to do so much of running around to get your loan sanction? am sure one would have to wait for a months time if you dont intend to follow up?

Lastly did you take off the entire week?
Old 16th November 2009, 13:24   #60
BANNED

Finally, Hariya is mine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Wow that was some amount of hardwork put in by you to get the job done!

btw in regular case is it required to do so much of running around to get your loan sanction? am sure one would have to wait for a months time if you dont intend to follow up?

Lastly did you take off the entire week?
Yes, I was sloshed by the time the loan was sanctioned. But, in case you have time and are not in a hurry, the papers flow through on their own. Tell me in case you need a loan, as I now know people at the Retail Hub and the Trinity Circle branch quite well.

My story continues....

I reached the Retail Hub at 1045HRS and walked upto the manager processing my file. His first line was "So, you went straight to the ED office eh?""Why?" I told him,again of my urgency and he seemed to calm down a bit. I told him that my file is back at the GM Office and I needed the loan today. He said "We need to get a mail confirming the sanction, see I havent gotten any so far".

At that moment, a mail popped up which had my name in the subject line. I was relieved. He called his junior who began the process while I waited beside him on a stool. The loan was proccessed and sanctioned by 1230HRS. Now came the documentation part. The lady wanted stamp papers and there were none available. In the meantime, I had called the owner as well. We rushed to MayoHall and purchased stamp papers in black. I called a friend of mine with a blank set of transfer papers. He arrived at 1430HRS.I called another friend and gave him my debit cards and told him to withdraw money from my bank's ATM and deposit it into my Canara Bank account as per the bank rules.

Finally, at 1600HRS on the 23rd of October 2009, I was given a DD in the owner's name. At that moment I threw away my KSRTC tickets for Coimbatore as I knew I would drive down.

I dropped him to office and drove back home by 2000HRS only to have a quick dinner, bath and drive back to Coimbatore to attend the wedding I had initially planned to.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks