Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2009, 16:35   #1
BANNED

Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb

Some people impress you the moment you see them. Hariya was was of those. Our first meeting was just a 10 min "gear, accelerator,brake and steering shake" and I knew something in him was magnetic.
He is still a kid. Born on 13th Nov 07 to be precise and was given a home by someone else who unfortunately could keep him as they were permanently relocating out of the country.
He has traversed 27k kms in these 2 years and in terms of that number atleast, is exactly as old as I m. The units, though are different.

I brought him home, for ever, on the 23rd of September 2009 and I could see the excitement in his big bright eyes.
He was one of those "Surf Excel" kids who had stains everywhere excpet the most important place, his heart. His 2.6ltr 4 chamber heart was and still is impeccable. Its beat, as good as an infant, its rythim, as smooth as an opera and the urge to perform, like a passionate lover.

We have travelled 2200kms since then and each one of those has been a pleasure.When I took him for his due 25K check up to SKS automobiles where he was, like the cutest kid at a nursing home, was able to woo anyone who checked him out. I was grinning from ear to ear.

So, that is the begining. The end, I know isnt anywhere close.

All ears.....
Old 11th November 2009, 16:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

"Dev"-Congrats on your new kid. Nurse him well. By the way i thought you liked Safari's as you had done PDI's for many of your friends in Bangalore right?
Old 11th November 2009, 16:44   #3
BHPian

congrats ..

Cool congrats for the purchase of that 'kid' .. for some moments i couldnt guess what is the lines all about .. cheers anyways ..
Of course the next request would be to post some pics ..
Old 11th November 2009, 17:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

So, a baby boy! Congrats!

Guys, the vehicle is a beau! Well maintained and hardly used. You got a very good deal, Dev!

Take good care of him and I am sure he will never give you any heart-aches.

Having said that - useless post without photos!

(I told you so! I told you so! )
Old 11th November 2009, 17:13   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
"Dev"-Congrats on your new kid. Nurse him well. By the way i thought you liked Safari's as you had done PDI's for many of your friends in Bangalore right?
Thank you for your wishes Rejocyjohn and Happy Wheels.Grrr why am I thanking you after your photo comment !!! Pics soon to come, courtesy HappyWheels camera.
I continue to be a Safari fan. Hariya had a some sort of a "heartpull" which I could not resist. He is not just a machine for me you know.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Post edited. Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Dippy : 12th November 2009 at 09:15.
Old 11th November 2009, 17:18   #6
BHPian

:)

Congrats boss! lets meet up some time!!
Old 11th November 2009, 18:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

dev, Congrats!

btw how much did you buy it for?

I will be a prospective buyer of a used scorpio or a new one might be ina years time. for now even Safari is in the list though.

Coming back to topic, i guess "the CRDI" should be good enough or at;east should cost lesser then the "mhawk". drove "Bolero CRDI" and was more then impressed with it.
Old 11th November 2009, 18:49   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hey Dev,
Congrats and a very warm welcome to Hariya.
I thought i was one of those few, who name their cars/bikes and do not treat them as just machines. Now, i have company
I wish you luck, once again and wish Hariya a long and healthy life.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 11th November 2009, 19:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Dev, nicely written intro about "hariya", now like Happy says, pictures please.
Old 11th November 2009, 22:13   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hariya dariya hai dev...

Congraztzz and Happy motoring..

Thank God, atleast you started the thread

Where are the pics... Can someone from BLR lend devD his camera Plzz.
Old 12th November 2009, 08:26   #11
BANNED

Thank You Everyone: Pics coming soon, I promise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
Congrats boss! lets meet up some time!!
Thanks Tejas, we sure will meet up very soon....Hows your truck doing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
dev, Congrats!

btw how much did you buy it for?

I will be a prospective buyer of a used scorpio or a new one might be ina years time. for now even Safari is in the list though.

Coming back to topic, i guess "the CRDI" should be good enough or at;east should cost lesser then the "mhawk". drove "Bolero CRDI" and was more then impressed with it.
Thanks Lohith
There is no dearth of power or torque in the CRDe versions as well. It is just that the MHawk is new gen and is a lighter engine (130kgs) than the CRDe. The Bolero CRDe is indeed a very powerful vehicle with 97BHP for a comparatively light weight chassis and body hence has a good power-to-weight ratio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Hey Dev,
Congrats and a very warm welcome to Hariya.
I thought i was one of those few, who name their cars/bikes and do not treat them as just machines. Now, i have company
I wish you luck, once again and wish Hariya a long and healthy life.
Cheers,
Deepak
Thanks Deepak,
You indeed have company.
I have a name for my Electra as well. He is called the "Don", which is what he is. Ever powerful and charismatic, even after decades of being in production.
Hariya is still a kid who has seen only Blore all these days and a bit of what we travelled together....!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Congrats Dev, nicely written intro about "hariya", now like Happy says, pictures please.
Thank You Hari...oops the names are similar....!!!!! I m planning to go to Happy's house this Sunday afternoon and take a few pics. So Sunday I guess is the day when TBHP sights Hariya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Hariya dariya hai dev...

Congraztzz and Happy motoring..

Thank God, atleast you started the thread

Where are the pics... Can someone from BLR lend devD his camera Plzz.
He he he....Thank You Rahul....Haan thread to shuru karna hi tha, bas main hi thoda sa aalsi ho gaya tha...sorry for the delay dude....
Well, seems like one "lender" has been arranged for this Sunday....Will post pics soon.....
Old 12th November 2009, 09:01   #12
Team-BHP Support

You've had the vehicles for this long, and bother to create a thread only now?!
Whats the price you bought it for?

I was on the lookout for a second hand Scorp when looking to buy my first vehicle, but the thoughts about maintaining it as well as the crazy prices in the seconds market put me off.

Would love to see some pics.
Old 12th November 2009, 09:39   #13
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

nice to know this. welcome to Scorp country!
one query - when are you going to share some pics??

enjoy the Scorp - he's a solid reliable workhorse who, with a little care and affectionate treatment, will take you pretty much to the ends of the earth in comfort and safety.

cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Some people impress you the moment you see them. Hariya was was of those. Our first meeting was just a 10 min "gear, accelerator,brake and steering shake" and I knew something in him was magnetic.
He is still a kid. Born on 13th Nov 07 to be precise and was given a home by someone else who unfortunately could keep him as they were permanently relocating out of the country.
He has traversed 27k kms in these 2 years and in terms of that number atleast, is exactly as old as I m. The units, though are different.

I brought him home, for ever, on the 23rd of September 2009 and I could see the excitement in his big bright eyes.
He was one of those "Surf Excel" kids who had stains everywhere excpet the most important place, his heart. His 2.6ltr 4 chamber heart was and still is impeccable. Its beat, as good as an infant, its rythim, as smooth as an opera and the urge to perform, like a passionate lover.

We have travelled 2200kms since then and each one of those has been a pleasure.When I took him for his due 25K check up to SKS automobiles where he was, like the cutest kid at a nursing home, was able to woo anyone who checked him out. I was grinning from ear to ear.

So, that is the begining. The end, I know isnt anywhere close.

All ears.....
Old 12th November 2009, 09:49   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
You've had the vehicles for this long, and bother to create a thread only now?!
Whats the price you bought it for?

I was on the lookout for a second hand Scorp when looking to buy my first vehicle, but the thoughts about maintaining it as well as the crazy prices in the seconds market put me off.

Would love to see some pics.
Have had this vehicle for long?? Sorry, I didnt get it. He has been with me since the past 20 days or so.

Maintenance, in my opinion should not be a concern as spares are not expensive and we have many Scorp owners in the forum who have had them for a long time and are happy with the purchase.
Pre-owned prices are sure on the higher side, but then, that is an indicator of the value the vehicle holds. I think it is possible to get a good deal with patience, hard work and a bit of luck.
Old 12th November 2009, 11:15   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have had this vehicle for long?? Sorry, I didnt get it. He has been with me since the past 20 days or so...
That is long enough! 20 days and you post now!

Quote:
...Pre-owned prices are sure on the higher side, but then, that is an indicator of the value the vehicle holds. I think it is possible to get a good deal with patience, hard work and a bit of luck.
You were lucky to be at the right place at the right time - there was vehicle which you liked being sold by a person who had a dead line to meet. Second hand market purchases are lot of research and timing, with luck thrown all around!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks