Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 18:30   #61
BHPian

What is the sunfilm that you've installed in your Jetta?

Akhilesh, Amit,

Please let me know the brand (and type) of sunfilm that you've got for your respective Jettas. I am scouting the market and have sort of shortlisted VKool (which I've used in another car and which I am satisfied with) and Huper Optik, purely based on my searches on the net and the reviews that I've got in the forum here.

Any particular brand that you'd recommend?
Any type ( wrt light transmitted : I think the MV Deptt. specifies 70% light transmitted for the front windscreen and so on and so forth) that you'd recommend?

I am prepared to wait for another few weeks as I've waited for this long to get hold of the right film. VW India has not got back to me with any brand name yet.

Regards
Old 10th March 2010, 18:38   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
I think the MV Deptt. specifies 70% light transmitted for the front windscreen and so on and so forth
issigonis, make sure you get (and keep inside the car) a RTO Approved certificate from the sun film manufacturer. It helps to avoid police harassment on long trips (especially outstation).
Old 16th November 2012, 23:10   #63
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Jetta : 14,000 kms ; 6 months....

Akilesh,

Do you still own the car ? If so, could we get an update how the car performed and the overall experience with VW ?

Is yours the oldest VW thread ?

Last edited by F150 : 16th November 2012 at 23:11.

Most Viewed