Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2009, 19:34   #46
BHPian

@Beejay...
How are fairing with your beast . Mileage, Any issues..
Do post some nice interior pics . No updates on your thread also!!
Regrds
Old 2nd January 2010, 13:58   #47
Senior - BHPian

Tripmeter and Odometer Difference Video Plus FE Video and Photos

This Video gives an idea of how I was Cheatingly sold a Mahindra Xylo whose Tripmeter B Reading is More Than Odometer Itself.

The Below Picture gives an idea of our Xylo's Fuel Efficiency.
Attachment 254912

This Picture was taken after going some more distance after taking the Previous Picture.
Attachment 254913

One More.
Attachment 254914

This is the Video of Fuel Efficiency taken at 7278Kms Mark.

Old 2nd January 2010, 14:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

Due to the Larger Size the Photos in Previous Post are invisible.

@Moderators..
Due to the Larger Size the Photos in Previous Post are invisible. Hence re-posting the Photos after Resizing Them.

Please embed these Photos in my Previous Post.

The Below Picture gives an idea of our Xylo's Fuel Efficiency.
Mahindra Xylo E8 (ABS): Spacious, feature-packed, 8-seater is here. EDIT: 340,000 km up-fe15kmpl.jpg

This Picture was taken after going some more distance after taking the Previous Picture.
Mahindra Xylo E8 (ABS): Spacious, feature-packed, 8-seater is here. EDIT: 340,000 km up-fe16kmpl.jpg

One More.
Mahindra Xylo E8 (ABS): Spacious, feature-packed, 8-seater is here. EDIT: 340,000 km up-fe16kmpl2.jpg
Old 9th January 2010, 17:02   #49
Senior - BHPian

The 2nd Service was carried out on last Tuesday (05-01-2010).
The Gear Oil and Differential Oil were replaced.
I noticed that the Lubricants used by M&M are purchased from Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
The Gear Oil Can is available in 2 liters Pack and Differential Oil Can is available in 1.8 Liters Pack.
M&M recommends Replacing Gear Oil and Differential Oil every 40,000kms (after initial 10,000kms) but the Oil Cans Recommend Replacing Gear Oil every 20,000kms.
I will upload the pics of Oil Cans if possible.
How come M&M and Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. Recommendations are Different?

The Gear Oil Capacity is 1.75 liters. But the mechanic poured that 2 liters can. He used a 6-7 feet long transparent pipe to pour the oil in the gearbox. I was surprised to see him pouring 2 liters instead of 1.75 liters. I was going to ask him but kept quiet. Then I noticed that around 100-200ml oil was left in the pipe due to holding position of pipe.
He did not remove the remaining Gear Oil from the pipe and started pouring the Diff. oil into the Differential using the same pipe.
The Differential Oil has rating of GL-5 and Gear Oil has rating of GL-4. He poured Oil meeting GL-4 in place of GL-5. I know this is not new for us.
I will forward the link of this thread to customercare@mahindra.com. Let them read what the Customers have to face.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 9th January 2010 at 17:12. Reason: Wanted to add some addtional text.
Old 10th January 2010, 19:46   #50
BHPian

you got the 10000 mark?NICE!
Do post the amount of the second service, and how is the beast serving you?
One More Thing...Do you have the New EGR valve or the older one?
Old 19th January 2010, 13:31   #51
Senior - BHPian

The amount of 2nd Service was Rs.556/-. The Gear Oil and Differential Oil were changed during this service.

Regarding the EGR Valve, I dont have idea about it. Could anyone please tell me how to find out whether the EGR Valve is New or Old?
Old 19th January 2010, 13:34   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
The amount of 2nd Service was Rs.556/-. The Gear Oil and Differential Oil were changed during this service.

Regarding the EGR Valve, I dont have idea about it. Could anyone please tell me how to find out whether the EGR Valve is New or Old?
The old EGR has a nipple at the back and the new one at the side.

Also, your speedo and trip meter looks just fine. What is the problem?
Old 19th January 2010, 15:25   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, 2nd service already - you are really munching the miles in your Xylo! Mine is at 7200 km. Will be going in for 2nd service in a month or so. Nice to know that it cost only ~ 600/-.
Old 22nd January 2010, 13:42   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
The old EGR has a nipple at the back and the new one at the side.

Also, your speedo and trip meter looks just fine. What is the problem?
I dont know the location of EGR, so cannot tell about it.
Please observe the Video of Trip meter carefully.
You will notice that the "Tripmeter B" is showing excess reading (4kms extra) than ODOMETER Reading Itself.
Could anyone please tell me how can the Odometer show less reading than either of Tripmeters? The Tripmeter should show Reading either Identical to Odometer or Less than Odometer.

@H3Lios..
The Current Odometer Reading is 13,800+kms.
Old 23rd January 2010, 03:06   #55
BHPian

@Indigo...
Do you have problems withe gear stick?
Does it vibrate a lot.?
Many customers are reporting this problem to M&M
Regards
Old 24th January 2010, 13:43   #56
BHPian

Quote:
....the "Tripmeter B" is showing excess reading (4kms extra) than ODOMETER Reading Itself. Could anyone please tell me how can the Odometer show less reading than either of Tripmeters? The Tripmeter should show Reading either Identical to Odometer or Less than Odometer.
I didn't notice what the trip meters showed when I took delivery and I promptly reset them both to zero the first time I filled up the Xylo.

However, I did notice that the distance reading on the DDAS (digital display) was 3KM more than reading on the odo. I asked the service guy about it and he said that every instrument & system (ABS, odometer, DDAS, engine etc) is tested separately before it is fitted into a vehicle, and sometimes they may not reset some instruments before installing in the vehicle. Since the diff was only 3KM, and the vehicle was clearly seemed brand-new (lots of tell-tale signs) , I didn't bother much about it.

So, if they tested the odometer unit for 4KM and reset it before intsalling into your vehicle, but did not reset the trip meters, then it is possible that the trip meter shows more than your odo.

Cheers.
Old 1st February 2010, 15:55   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Do you have problems withe gear stick?
Does it vibrate a lot?
Yes the Gear Lever Vibrates a Lot at Idle RPM.
Even at high speeds, Vibrations are felt if hand is kept on the lever.
Old 12th February 2010, 17:25   #58
BHPian

Hey indigo long time no updates on your beast!!
Still giving mileage of 16?
Regards
Old 17th February 2010, 14:06   #59
Senior - BHPian

@all...
The mileage depends on the traffic conditions, driving patterns, etc. Its not always possible to get 16-17kpl. Oh! did I mention the DDAS once showed the FE of 17kpl on the highway. I did not take photo of that moment.

Anyways, the update is--
I got the Wheel Alignment done from Local Wheel Alignment Center since there were many customers at M&M Authorised Service Center at the time of 3rd Free Service.

I got the wheel Alignment done even though the Xylo was not pulling to either side.
The Reason-- to allow the Tyres to wear evenly and avoid fatigue (Oh Sorry I think I should not mention fatigue since I drove 429kms in one single day when the car was new and I did not tired after the travel).

Now the Odometer reading is 17K+.

The A Pillar makes a Blind Spot at Corners. The Big Size makes manoveuring in city areas difficult (thats because of Indian Driving Conditions). If I were in Country other than India, I would be able to manoveure the Xylo as a Compact Hatchback.
Old 9th April 2010, 13:26   #60
Senior - BHPian

While our visit to Shrishail near Hyderabad, the Right OVRM Glass broke due to impact from an oncoming truck.
Fortunately only the Glass Cracked and the OVRM Body remained intact.
When I enquired at Local M&M Dealer, he said " You will have to replace complete OVRM Assembly for Rs.1350/- + Painting Charges Rs.600/- (since the OVRM comes in Black Colour) since M&M does not sell only OVRM Glass as separate equipment. M&M does not sell OVRM Glass of Scorpio even though Scorpio was launched 10-15 years ago".
I was going to ask him "If M&M launched Scorpio in 2001, how is that you are telling M&M launched it 10-15 years ago"?

Anyways, Coming back to topic--

I dont want to replace Complete OVRM Assembly since it would cost Rs.2000/-. If Glass is replaced, it would cost around Rs.500-600/-.

Could you please enquire at your local M&M Dealer whether the OVRM Glass is available separately?

Please do the needful.

Thanks in advance, Sorry for trouble given.

Most Viewed