Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 14:55   #61
Senior - BHPian

You need to check with some other M&M dealer in some other city nearby, about the mirror alone. By the way, good ownership report, with the inherent dark humor. How are you calculating the mileage? Try doing the traditional tank to tank measurement once. Enjoy your ride.
Old 9th April 2010, 15:17   #62
Senior - BHPian

I enquired at Jitendra Motors, Nasik whether Only Glass is available. The Store Keeper replied that I will have to replace Complete Assembly.
I will buy Complete Assembly.
Old 30th April 2010, 15:10   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post

I was made to wait for half an hour before our Xylo was taken in the Workshop.

Then after half an hour the Supervisor came and drove the vehicle to the workshop. mine.
Again I was made to wait for 15-20 minutes before taking the car to washing area.
Then the mechanic drove the car and parked it in the parking queue of washing.
Two Logans were ahead of our Xylo. I waited for them. After washing those Logans, the washerman took the Mahindra Pickup for Washing. I asked him why was he washing the Pickup when my Xylo has its turn for washing.
Then after washing the Pick up, he went for Lunch and returned after 1 hour.
hi IndigoXLGrandDi

i had same experience with our dealership , at the end i just don't go to the dealership instead i do all the work of bolero slx at my trusted mechanic.

any way we (me & my father) are planning to by xylo e8 7 seater m eagle what do you say, is it worth buying?
or should i buy xylo d2 mdi crde ?
Old 31st May 2010, 16:42   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
hi IndigoXLGrandDi

any way we (me & my father) are planning to by xylo e8 7 seater m eagle what do you say, is it worth buying?
or should i buy xylo d2 mdi crde ?
Would suggest the M Eagle rather than the CRDE. Found it to be much more refined and smoother. I'm myself going in for an E8 ABS. Its definitely worth it!
Old 28th November 2010, 13:26   #65
Senior - BHPian

I was not able to update in between due to work load.

Now the Odometer reads 66,000+ kms. At around 62,000+kms I got the Front Right Shock Absorber's Damper replaced (Under Warranty) since there was some Noise coming while going over Bumpy Roads. The MRP was Rs.1,100+.
The Coil Spring was not replaced. The noise vanished.

I am facing another problem.
Some Noise (as if the Suspension Bushes have worn out) comes from Front Right End over Rough Roads (not Bumpy but over Rough Patches). I doubt that the Suspension Bushes might have worn out.
The reason why I feel the Bushes Wearing Out is that the Noise is identical to the Noise came from Indigo front suspension and it vanished after the Front Suspension Bushes were replaced.

But when I enquired at Gandhi Motors, the Manager said "There are no suspension bushes. You have to replace the Arm".

Could anyone please tell me how is that there are no suspension bushes.

Is it correct what the Manager said or should I replace suspension bushes?

The Noise does not come while turning but going straight over rough patches of roads.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 28th November 2010 at 13:29. Reason: Wanted to add some text.
Old 29th November 2010, 11:00   #66
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
At around 62,000+kms I got the Front Right Shock Absorber's Damper replaced (Under Warranty) since there was some Noise coming while going over Bumpy Roads.
It's generally recommended to change both side dampers together, not just one. Also, remember that by 60,000 kms, your stock suspension has worn out beyond its optimum performance envelope.

Go back & tell that manager that the Xylo indeed has bushes. However, being a rubber part, I doubt it's covered under warranty. This would be a great time for you to consider a suspension overhaul (the other damper, all rubber bushes, arms etc.)
Old 29th November 2010, 19:46   #67
BHPian

nice to hear again from you indigo.!!!

You have been really munching miles!! 62000 is quite a lot..!
The rs. 1100 was the part of routine service or was the cost with the reapirs..?
As Gto said... it may be that the brushes are which would have been wanting a haul!
Do update on what follows this
Anymore changes you feel over in the car at this mileage??
Old 29th November 2010, 20:57   #68
Senior - BHPian

66000 kms in just 12 months, that's almost 180 kms a day on an average ! Some serious milemunching here, congrats Indigo, yours must be one of the highest mileage Xylos in India.

Did you do mostly good roads or bad roads ? Wishing you many more happy miles
Old 11th December 2010, 08:59   #69
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Xylo E8 (ABS):-Spacious, Feature-Packed, 8-Seater, Head-Turner Beast is

When I confirmed with the Customer Support Pune, I got reply that the Bushes dont come separately. The Arm also comes alongwith them.
So I will have to replace Arm as well as Bushes.
The MRP the service advisor told me is Rs.2350/-. Now that is for one side or both sides, I did not ask.

The Service Advisor is telling to replace the tie rod ends along with above parts (Arm and bushes).

I am thinking of doing the following--
1. Replace the Arm and bushes (I guess the arm and bushes come as a whole fitment and not in separate packing) and check if that noise disappears.
2. If not refit the old arm and fit new tie rod end and check whether the noise disappears.
This way I will be able to find out the culprit.

Some doubts though--
1. Should I change both sides parts (Left and Right) or only right side one since only right side makes noise, the arm and bushes or tie rod as the case may be? What happens if only one side part is changed and leave the other side unchanged?
2. Can I claim warranty against this?

Also I had asked them to replace the left damper along with right one. But they refused to replace since there was no problem with left one.

The warranty of vehicle is 4 years/1,00,000 kms (Original 2years/50,000kms + Extended).

But I lost that letter.

I got another one from the dealer but on that it is printed (not written by dealer) that the extended warranty is for 4 years or 75,000kms whichever is earlier.

Please help me.
@don..
The Rs.1100/- was the MRP printed on the box of Damper.
The labour was not charged since it was replaced under warranty.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 11th December 2010 at 09:00.
Old 6th February 2011, 18:15   #70
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Xylo E8 (ABS):-Spacious, Feature-Packed, 8-Seater, Head-Turner Beast is

Quote:
@all...
The mileage depends on the traffic conditions, driving patterns, etc. Its not always possible to get 16-17kpl. Oh! did I mention the DDAS once showed the FE of 17kpl on the highway. I did not take photo of that moment.
========
Hi Indigo*, you may refer my post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2221928

Quote:
When I confirmed with the Customer Support Pune, I got reply that the Bushes dont come separately. The Arm also comes alongwith them.
So I will have to replace Arm as well as Bushes.
The MRP the service advisor told me is Rs.2350/-. Now that is for one side or both sides, I did not ask.
======
kindly update on the front suspension matter ?

btw, even I had Indigo-LX earlier and did 67000 KM in 4 years and then sold off.

OT: my current E6 ODO is ~17000 KM and since last ~4000 KM Im facing front suspension issue - whoosh noise, not absorbing all bumps, jerks on steering etc. My worry is this issue came-up very per-maturely and have not been able to diagnose the problem.

During my various visits in the last 3 months, they have been doing Re-Torquing, changed Silent Bushing pair, Balance Rod's Bushing pair, Right Strut (damper ?), this time also the Left Strut replaced and Steering Column checks - and have been again marked 'Under Observation'. (Ofcourse, all these under warranty). The matter subsides for ~500-700 KM and again crops-up !

hence @Indigo*, keen to know of your status and I would also in-turn keep posted of mine. (Sorry to HJ your thread).
Old 21st February 2011, 17:17   #71
Senior - BHPian

Friends,
I was too busy with my work. So could not update.

The Arms have bushes and they come as a Whole Assembly.

Both the Arms were replaced under warranty.
Also the Rear Wiper Motor and Power Window Switch Assembly (at Driver Side) were also replaced under warranty.

The Xylo's Dashboard and Steering used to vibrate very much.
On showing to the Dealer, he told that the Bearing of Propeller Shaft and some other parts have worn out due to negligent driving (improperly leaving the clutch).
The estimate given was around Rs.15000/- +.

First I thought this would not be covered under warranty.
But That I got replaced under warranty.

@Pranav, Can you please clearly mention your problem? I am not able to get your problem correctly.

Or PM me.
Old 23rd August 2011, 12:38   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Friends,
I was too busy with my work. So could not update.

The Arms have bushes and they come as a Whole Assembly.

Both the Arms were replaced under warranty.
Also the Rear Wiper Motor and Power Window Switch Assembly (at Driver Side) were also replaced under warranty.

The Xylo's Dashboard and Steering used to vibrate very much.
On showing to the Dealer, he told that the Bearing of Propeller Shaft and some other parts have worn out due to negligent driving (improperly leaving the clutch).
The estimate given was around Rs.15000/- +.

First I thought this would not be covered under warranty.
But That I got replaced under warranty.

@Pranav, Can you please clearly mention your problem? I am not able to get your problem correctly.

Or PM me.
Hi,
I have send you a PM.
also written about my issue at this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2478212

thanks,
Pranav
Old 22nd September 2011, 19:10   #73
BHPian

I had wrote about my Xylo's suspension issues in earlier post.
Few days back, again emailed the 'Complaints' to customercare@mahindra and they woke up to sort out the issues.

Last Sat, went to GG Thane workshop, they kept the vehicle for 3 days (I was there to monitor the part changes). M&M's Area Service Manager also visited me and assured to resolve till satisfaction.

The following parts were changed - all Under Warranty:
- Upper Arms Kit with bush
- Lower Arms Kit with bush
(one of the technician told me that above bush was available separately, which customers can prefer in case of a paid job - to save cost. unless the arms itself has damaged)
- Suspension Strut Bush
- Stabilizer Bush
- Tie Rod Ends
- Steering Ball Joint rods
- Links
Not changed: Sturts and Coil springs, as they were found ok.
Lubricated (WD40) the steering column.

The vehicle is under observation.

Also, EGR valve was cleaned with petrol, some black carbon sooth (diesel vehicle!) but was told nothing serious to worry.

would keep you friends updated on above matter.

Note: the dealer took back the old parts - to be forwarded to M&M.

regards,
Pranav
Old 23rd September 2011, 21:32   #74
BHPian

Hi IndigoXLGrandDi,
since I couldn't send attachments in PM, posting here:

location of EGR in Xylo: (sorry, the engine bay image I picked from one of the thread to depict). you can peep inside to see a valve like below pic.
Mahindra Xylo E8 (ABS): Spacious, feature-packed, 8-seater is here. EDIT: 340,000 km up-xylo-egr-location.jpg

Padmini EGR Drop Type: exactly like what I saw when they opened to clean in my vehicle
Mahindra Xylo E8 (ABS): Spacious, feature-packed, 8-seater is here. EDIT: 340,000 km up-padmini-egr-drop-type.jpg

Bypass Valve India, EGR Vacuum, EGR Cooler bypass Valve - Padmini VNA

Padmini supplies EGR and many other components to Mahindra, check their overall products.
Old 28th October 2011, 22:17   #75
Senior - BHPian

Day before yesterday (Wednesday), our Xylo started giving Cold Start Problem in the morning.
When I checked the fuse box (just out of curiosity) under the Bonnet near the Battery, I found the 60A Glow Plug Fuse MISSING Despite the Fuse Missing, the Glow Plug Indicator behaviour was normal (used to Glow and Turn Off after 2-3 secs).

I know this should not be done but went ahead with the following--
I depressed Full Accelerator and Cranked. The Engine started.

Yesterday no problem with Cold Start.

Again today Cold Start Problem raised its head. So I went to the shop and bought a 60A Fuse and fitted in the missing slot. I gave "Heater" 2 times and then cranked. The car started during first crank (after fitting the Fuse). Just to test, I switched Off the Engine after 15-20secs, and recranked. Again the car refused to start. Then I gave Accelerator and cranked for 10-15secs. The car started.
Then I took the car to my regular Battery Dealer and told him the problem. He checked and said that the Battery Voltage is OK.
He advised me to check again tomorrow and see if same problem occurs. He said (God Forbids) "If it does, inform me and we will see what to do".

I asked him whether the problem is with the Glow Plugs but he advised me to recheck tomorrow to find further action to be taken.
I asked him whether I should get the Glow Plugs checked from Local Mechanic.
On that he advised me that (again God Forbids) if the Glow Plugs are Culprit, get the plugs changed at MASS only since there are many Electronic Components in the car, its better to get it repaired at MASS since Local Garages mess it up.

The Xylo has covered around 1,18,000+kms since 11 Nov. 2009.

FYI, our Indigo XL Grand Dicor has run around 1,40,900+kms. The Glow Plugs of this car have not been replaced yet. Touchwood.

So guys, Please tell me whether its the Glow Plugs or any other culprit.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 28th October 2011 at 22:25.

Most Viewed