Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2009, 08:10   #46
Senior - BHPian

Would Fiesta owners care to answer my queries please which I had posted earlier.
Old 9th December 2009, 10:11   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Can I rev her to atleast 2500/3000 rpm or still wait for the first service and then go for it.
Yes, you can. I hit 2500 even now while accelerating and my car had done less than 800 kms. The engine should be ticking over at slightly more than 2000 RPM at 100 kmph on the highway.
Quote:
Lately I have been observing small stones getting stuck in the treads of my Michelin tyres. Is this normal coz I feel this would effect when I am braking and I may not get the correct grip? Has anyone had this problem before.
Not an issue. I have small stones stuck in my Goodyears too.
Quote:
Also I have been experiencing some noises in the sound from Music system like whenever I listen to FM radio. Earlier I dismissed this saying migh be the poor audio quality of radio station but recently heard the same on a couple of ocassions with MP3 CD's also. Any remedies/suggestions.
Have not experienced any kind of noise, either from the radio or from the CD player. If it persists, have it taken care of during the first service.
Old 9th December 2009, 10:15   #48
Senior - BHPian

If you expect to get quick replies, then suggest post it to other common thread
'all fiesta owners', as most of the fiestans opens this thread regularly.

Ford recommends to avoid fast driving for the first 1500kms, so why dont you wait for another 500kms?
However I think you can reviv rpm 2500 and sometimes upto 3000.

Regarding noise from music system - not sure how it comes (is there any lose wire or any other things inside?), better to check with your dealer.
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:33   #49
Senior - BHPian

Driver side seat belt

Guys,

I have this peculiar problems in My Fiesta which irritates me a lot is that the driver side seat belt when released, the hook gets lodged between the driver seat and the column and sometimes gets difficult to be removed. I have observed black marks due the seat belt hook on the column trim. Athough the marks can be cleaned but it is very irritating sometime. Has anyone experienced this ?.
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:37   #50
Senior - BHPian

Fiestians,

2 queries:
  1. What is the frequency of teflon coating check? How do we ensure whether the dealer has done a good job with the Teflon coating.
  2. Any Fiesta owner have done protection for engine against Rats? In my earlier Santro I had got the entire wiring covered by sealant.
Any ideas/Suggestions.
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:11   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fiestians,

any Fiesta owner have done protection for engine against Rats? In my earlier Santro I had got the entire wiring covered by sealant.
Any ideas/Suggestions.
++
Bring home a Cat and make it to sleep under your car - no rats will come near to your car ?-

(It is not just joking - my neighbour house cat always sleep under my car and no rat trouble so far!)
Old 11th February 2010, 10:38   #52
Senior - BHPian

Completed 3K on odo.

Guys,

Completed 3000 kms on the odo.
  • The experience uptil now on the Fiesta has been nothing short of thrilling. Simply bowled over by the handling, styling. Fantastic braking. The machine simply flies when given a small push, love the startled looks of the Linea, Verna, SX4 owners when zoom ahead of them after the take off from the signals.
  • The avg mileage achieved so far is in the range of 14-15 kmpl. Driving speed 60-65 Kmph with an occasional burst to 80-90 kmph.
  • The sharp turnings of Fiesta is another fantastic feature. Reminds me of my previous Santro.
  • The 2 Din MP3 players performance is more than satisfactory. Plays my kind of music to the T.
  • Michelins on machine ensure good grip of the road. A slightly higher road noise observed even after windows fully rolled up. Real test wud be duuring the monsoons.
  • Good rear seat ride quality after having driven a Santro. My parents are completely satisfied. No bodyaches, no strains.
Overall a fantastic package. Will be going for the first service next Saturday. One sad part is after the first service would not be able to see the difference coz going to UK for fortnight. How badly I would miss my Fiesta.
Old 11th February 2010, 10:58   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[*]The avg mileage achieved so far is in the range of 14-15 kmpl. Driving speed 60-65 Kmph with an occasional burst to 80-90 kmph.
14-15 kmpl on a 1.6 is fantastic! I have a feeling you have taken the Ford mileage guidelines to heart and pussy footing the car.
Old 11th February 2010, 11:04   #54
Senior - BHPian

@gilead,

You can say that. Afterall the car is close to my heart and so are the guidelines. I believe in "Take care of the car and car will take care of you".
I guess having a office timing of 8am to 4pm helps in driving, doing my bit for the envoirnment.
Old 22nd February 2010, 17:21   #55
Senior - BHPian

First Service of my Fiesta

Guys,

Had taken my Platinum beast for its first service. gave the vehicle to Shreeji Ford, Thane at 1.30 pm and got a call saying the car was ready for pickup at 5.30 pm. Pretty fast considering it was the first free service.
The experience was mixed. The set up was new, hence the service guys were trying to please hard. Couple of points noted.
1) Service workshop set up by Shreeji Ford is very new. Would not be able to comment on the skills of the service advisor or technicians.
2) The Service advisor alloted to me was very cordial and patiently heard all my issues/queries.
3) Gave me an approximate time of delivery and gave it at that time. Hope this punctuality continues in the future.

When I took the car delivery @ 6 pm I was in hurry as I had to some last minute arrangments for my UK trip which I was to start on Sunday. When I reached home I saw a scratch on my front left side door below the OVRM. My heart missed a beat, immediately called up the service advisor for the same who listened to me patiently and assured me he would help to remove the same. Although the scratch was not too deep, even I felt some polishing would help. However that could be done after I return from my UK trip. Secondly the interiors were slightly soiled and the rear door glasses has hand prints on them. Brought that to the notice of the advisor and was assured of getting them removed.

The service history given for the first service was just a piece of paper with no details mentioned. When asked the advisor told that a seperate file for the car was being maintained and would be available whenever reqd.

Another thing I got a car cover from Hyper city costing 1150. The make of the cover is Polco India.
Old 22nd February 2010, 18:40   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When I reached home I saw a scratch on my front left side door below the OVRM.
ghodlur, my first free service was similar to yours. They put a small scratch on my bumper and did a lousy job with the body wash. I am not taking it back there to get the scratch fixed as I am sure they will scratch it somewhere else. They drive like crazed monkeys in the service center.
Old 22nd February 2010, 18:44   #57
Senior - BHPian

It happened to my car also,during/ after the first service. Finger prints/stain marks on the seat/side trim etc. I could notice this only on the next day morning since the car was dropped at my home around 8 PM. Called the workshop who promised to clean those stain marks in the next service.
Whatelse can be done?
Old 8th March 2010, 08:13   #58
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Had been to Shreeji Ford, Thane get the scratch recitified on 5th March. Had got a couple of calls from them for the same since I had written to Ford cutomer care regarding the scratch and cleaning quality. I was attended by service advisor the moment I reached the workshop. They removed the scratch which was visible with some machine. When I inspected the same I could not notice it visibly but a very very faint line still remains. Also there was a scratch in the door handle of left front door which the advisor said it would not be possible to remove since they might end up damaging the paint around the handle with the machine. Since it was not very easily seen I had to agree for note getting it done. Guess I will have to live with it.
The interiors which were soiled were cleaned with some soap solution and now looked OK.
The workshop manager requested me to mail Ford customer care about the job done which I promised I would do so.
I enquired about teflon coating check and the underbody coating inspection which they refused saying that it had been provided by Wasan Ford and not by Ford India. Hence I would have to take it to Wasan to get them inspected. Shreeji Ford offers 3M soltions for teflon & underbody coating. This is what happens when the dealer changes and nobody wants to take responsibilty. New Ford buyers need to keep in mind about the same.
Old 11th March 2010, 12:59   #59
Senior - BHPian

Why does not the OVRM of Ford Fiesta close completely

Why does the OVRM's of Ford Fiesta not close completely. It become a pain when want to squeeze the vehicle to tight parking slots. The other day I had the experience when I tried to park my Fiesta in between two vehicles as no other parking was available. I tried closing the OVRM's completely but could not, it remained 40% open. Actually an Indica was parked slanted hence the jugglery. Finally Fiesta's OVRM were kissing the Indica's completely closed OVRM's.
Is this the case with most Sedans? Which Sedans have the privilage of completely closing OVRM? Should this be a std feature?
I know I could do it in my earlier Santro.
Old 11th March 2010, 15:11   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why does the OVRM's of Ford Fiesta not close completely. It become a pain when want to squeeze the vehicle to tight parking slots. The other day I had the experience when I tried to park my Fiesta in between two vehicles as no other parking was available. I tried closing the OVRM's completely but could not, it remained 40% open. Actually an Indica was parked slanted hence the jugglery. Finally Fiesta's OVRM were kissing the Indica's completely closed OVRM's.
Is this the case with most Sedans? Which Sedans have the privilage of completely closing OVRM? Should this be a std feature?
I know I could do it in my earlier Santro.
The thickness of the mirror housing does not allow it to close completely. Santro, Maruti and otehr non-electric ORVMs can be completely shut because they are thin enough. I hope this helps. 40% open is a bit of an exaggeration though

Most Viewed