Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2010, 16:02   #61
Team-BHP Support

After such an exercise, how do you manage to climb out of your car?
Also, what about the neighbouring car's owner opening his door?
Old 15th March 2010, 12:48   #62
Senior - BHPian

Had a strange problem the other day when I was approaching the basement parking at Korum Mall, Thane at the security inspection. My Fiesta engine was running and I tried to open the boot with the switch on the dashboard, could not do so. Tried doing it after switching off the engine but still the boot did not open. Had to get out of car and open the boot with the remote key. Did I do something wrong in operating the boot when the engine was running? Fiestians, can you please help?

Strangely the security at the Korum Mall ask even to open the bonnet of vehicles??
Old 15th March 2010, 14:01   #63
Senior - BHPian

The boot opens from the inside only when the doors are unlocked. The engine can either be on or off. That does not matter. So unlock the door (don't have to open them) and then press the boot switch.
Old 15th March 2010, 14:41   #64
Senior - BHPian

@Gilead,

Thanks for the info, will try it today and let u know.
Old 15th March 2010, 20:43   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Guys,

I have this peculiar problems in My Fiesta which irritates me a lot is that the driver side seat belt when released, the hook gets lodged between the driver seat and the column and sometimes gets difficult to be removed. I have observed black marks due the seat belt hook on the column trim. Athough the marks can be cleaned but it is very irritating sometime. Has anyone experienced this ?.
Instead of letting the seat belt recoil on its own fully, just guide it nicely, keeping the buckle pointing downwards...that should do the job.

I guess this is common to all Fiesta..I have this issue in mine, which was not there in the Ikon.
Old 13th April 2010, 09:45   #66
Senior - BHPian

5000 Kms done on Fiesta

Completed 5000 kms on the odo. Till now it has been a wonderful driving experience with Fiesta and hope to continue so. Need to know if anything specific needs to be checked at this stage? How about the wheel balancing & alignment, when do I do that. My second service is not due till 3rd week of May. Do I wait till that then? Also when do I rotate the tyre positions. Fiestians pls advise.
Old 13th April 2010, 10:13   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Completed 5000 kms on the odo. Till now it has been a wonderful driving experience with Fiesta and hope to continue so. Need to know if anything specific needs to be checked at this stage? How about the wheel balancing & alignment, when do I do that. My second service is not due till 3rd week of May. Do I wait till that then? Also when do I rotate the tyre positions. Fiestians pls advise.
+
I did my 2nd service on 1st April.
They have changed Engine oil, oil filter.
Other than this, they do general service (inspect/check all other parts-engine/cooling system/electrical system etc).

If you have any specific complaint on anything, you can inform same to them for speical check up.
Old 13th April 2010, 11:09   #68
Senior - BHPian

Nairsaab, did they do wheel rotation and alignment?
Old 13th April 2010, 11:33   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Nairsaab, did they do wheel rotation and alignment?
+
No.
I asked them but they said not required to do since I have no complaint.

Just before first service,I changed to alloys and at that occassion they did wheel balancing/alignment etc.
Old 3rd May 2010, 09:18   #70
Senior - BHPian

First Jhatka to my Fiesta

Had first scratch and a broken right OVRM due to a moron biker who thought he was driving on Pune expressway when passing throught he most busiest junction in Thane i.e Majiwada. The heart almost popped out of my mouth, was speechless for a few moments.
It happened this way, I was trying to cross the Majiwade junction and was in 30's speed when suddenly from nowhere this biker in Honda unicorn tried to squeeze in between my Fiesta and a tempo. I think he suddenly accelerated thinking he could pass between the gap. Unfortunately he took my right OVRM along and the impact was such that a female in rear pillion was thrown on the road. The initial thought was that I had knocked somebody so I drew at a side and rushed to see the condition of the female. Luckily the vehicle behind them had slowed down and both the biker and his female companion were allright with some minor scratches. Till that time the "Mama" had come to see the situation. The biker was profusely apologising to me saying that it was his mistake. I realized there was no way this guy is going to pay me for the damages.
Now I am left with a broken OVRM and some scratches on the right front door. Called up Shreeji Ford and asked him the cost of OVRM and was told Rs 2800/- incl of taxes. Is this the correct cost of single OVRM. The total "nuksaan" is going to be Rs 5K for OVRM replacement and the scratch removal. I will be going to get the damage rectified tomorrow. Fiestians pls let me know your views.
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:04   #71
Senior - BHPian

That sounds about right for the electric mirror that comes in the ZXi. The regular mirror in the EXi is much cheaper. You need to add another 600 or so for painting the panel. So it will be 3500 in total including tax.

My ORVM has been hit a couple of times as well, but it managed to fold and absorb the impact without any damage. Guess the impact was too high in your case.
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:17   #72
Senior - BHPian

When scratches and minor broken parts like your case, there is nothing much one can
bargain with the workshop. So looks like you will have to shell out around 5k (if not more -depends on the condition of the scratches on front door).
Old 3rd May 2010, 21:10   #73
BHPian

Quote:
The total "nuksaan" is going to be Rs 5K for OVRM replacement and the scratch removal. I will be going to get the damage rectified tomorrow. Fiestians pls let me know your views.
Ghodlur, sorry to hear about your nuksaan, hope your bay is back in shape soon. Is 5K when you are claiming insurance or is it out of pocket expenses.
Old 5th May 2010, 08:10   #74
Senior - BHPian

Had the right OVRM replaced, costed me Rs 3087 inc of labour and taxes. Normally the OVRM's come either in Black or Chrome as told by the dealer. Replaced the white colour strip of the new OVRM with the platinum one of the damaged one. The entire process took 15 mins and the car was ready with new OVRM.
Regarding the scratches, only minor touch up was done as the dealer was unable to go ahead due to shortage of manpower courtsey the train strike. Will get it done during the second service due on 19th May.
Special kudos to Service Manager Mr Ashish Shinde who personally attended the OVRM replacement.
Old 6th May 2010, 12:43   #75
Senior - BHPian

Purchased Iftex System G petrol additives for 299/- and used it today before the refueling. The bottle says use 10 ml for every 10 ltrs of petrol filled which means I had to use 40 ml for every tank full. Would like to know at what frequency should I use System G. Does the usage of System G means I can switch over to Normal petrol from the "Speed" petrol. BHPians pls comment.

Most Viewed