Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 11:26   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
Yes the present models have a lid opener under the seat (not exactly under the seat).
you said in older model, the lid unlock the moment the doors are unlocked?
Does this mean that everytime you lock/unlock the door,the fuel lid also get locked and unlocked??
That must not be the case, I guess so. However in the new models too Ford talks about the fuel lid being connected to central locking. Does it mean if the central locking is activated the fuel lid cannot be opened. Has anyone tried this. I haven't noticed any wiring in the fuel filling area.
Old 7th July 2010, 11:50   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Guys,

An information I wanted to know was Ford talks about a Electrically operated fuel filler door in Fiesta which is connected to central locking. Is this about the fuel lid opener lever provided below the driver's seat and is this electric. And how is this connected to central locking. Also is this feature if there present in all Fiesta variants.
Pls see the link below. It talks about a lot of features, wonder if all of them are available in Fiesta. Can Fiestians confirm.

Ford - Ford Fiesta Technology
Following exists
Theatre Dimming & Illuminated Entry interior lighting
Central Locking (key only)
Remote keyless central locking
Electrically operated deck lid via IP switch (deck lid also operated by remote on SXI)
Rear Defogger with time off feature
Door ajar warning lamp
Turn signal / hazard warning lamps
Variable intermittent & 2 speed windscreen wipers with Front anti-drip windscreen wipe

Might have
Battery saver – switches off interior lamps
Rear Lamp outage indication lamp
Electrically operated fuel filler door (Attached to Central Locking)- Have it but not sure about central locking!

Just checked fuel lid opener, though central lock is activated, using lever fuel lid opens! I am not sure what it means! may be it means when central lock activated you can't open it from outside (because u can't open door from outside if you are not using key or remote). In that case it is bit redundant!
Old 7th July 2010, 11:59   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Following exists
Rear Defogger with time off feature - Any idea of the timing when the defogger goes off.

Variable intermittent & 2 speed windscreen wipers with Front anti-drip windscreen wipe - What is this anti drip wipe, any ideas

Might have
Battery saver – switches off interior lamps
Rear Lamp outage indication lamp - Whats this??
Electrically operated fuel filler door (Attached to Central Locking)- Have it but not sure about central locking! All I know is there is a manual lever, nothing electrically operated.

Just checked fuel lid opener, though central lock is activated, using lever fuel lid opens! I am not sure what it means! may be it means when central lock activated you can't open it from outside (because u can't open door from outside if you are not using key or remote). In that case it is bit redundant!
You can't open the fuel lid from outside anyways. It has to operated by the lever from inside the cabin.
Old 7th July 2010, 12:18   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Any idea of the timing when the defogger goes off.
Front anti-drip windscreen wipe - What is this anti drip wipe, any ideas

Rear Lamp outage indication lamp - Whats this??

You can't open the fuel lid from outside anyways. It has to operated by the lever from inside the cabin.
1) Read it some where rear defogger goes off after 10min.

2) Marketing gimmick! Though it is not complete anti drip wiper system like one get it in S class or BMW(they call it rain sensing wiper), this means that if you use wiper fluid, wiper automatically switches on and clean windshield! Wiper comes on one more time after 10/30 Sec again.

3) This is just marketing term, i think. It is logical that when lever is inside you must open door. Still if you look at wording of deck lid... which clarifies that you can open deck lid from outside using remote key in SXI.

As far as I know most of the latches are on and off switches(like electric) controlled via central ECU or GEM as ford calls it. They may actual work depending on condition (not tested). May be when vehicle moving it won't work. I have not checked this, but you can try by disconnect the battery and see if any of these levers operate (boot lid, fuel lever)! I am also not sure if the fuel level opens when vehicle is in motion. If it is controled via GEM, it shouldn't! If it just wired system then it should! I will check this in the evening and update you.
Old 7th July 2010, 13:00   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) Read it some where rear defogger goes off after 10min. The rear winshield gets completely defogged in 3 mins why such a long delay.

2) Marketing gimmick! Though it is not complete anti drip wiper system like one get it in S class or BMW(they call it rain sensing wiper), this means that if you use wiper fluid, wiper automatically switches on and clean windshield! Wiper comes on one more time after 10/30 Sec again. This feature is there in Fiesta where if you depress the switch on the wiper controls the fluid splashes & wiper operates for a few secs. Why the term anti drip then?

3) This is just marketing term, i think. It is logical that when lever is inside you must open door. Still if you look at wording of deck lid... which clarifies that you can open deck lid from outside using remote key in SXI.

As far as I know most of the latches are on and off switches(like electric) controlled via central ECU or GEM as ford calls it. They may actual work depending on condition (not tested). May be when vehicle moving it won't work. I have not checked this, but you can try by disconnect the battery and see if any of these levers operate (boot lid, fuel lever)! I am also not sure if the fuel level opens when vehicle is in motion. If it is controled via GEM, it shouldn't! If it just wired system then it should! I will check this in the evening and update you.
The Fuel lid should not be opened when the vehicle is in motion thats the reason it may have been connected to the central locking. What is the rear lamp outage lamp indication and where is this indication.
Old 7th July 2010, 13:11   #96
Senior - BHPian

Deck Lid (you mean boot lid?) can be opened from outside using remote even in ZXI variant!
Old 7th July 2010, 14:46   #97
Senior - BHPian

You are right Nair sir. The boot is referred to as deck lid (some Ford terminology).
How useful do you think is the steering tilt adjustment since mine is the same position since delivery. In fact when I had tested the tilt steering during the TD and pushed it down, I was unable to see the dashboard meters, hence after delivery have got it adjusted to top most position.
Old 7th July 2010, 15:05   #98
Senior - BHPian

Depending on the height of the driver, it is easy for you to get a good view of instrument panel if you have the tilt adjustment.once you adjusted the steering according to one's requirement, then probably no need for another adjustment. I have kept the steering at a certain position, however when the car goes for servicing and come back, they change the position but again I had to adjust the steering to my convenience.
Without this feature, we may have to keep adjust the height of the seat 0ften?
Old 7th July 2010, 15:34   #99
BHPian

@nairrk
yes deck lid only!
In ZXI you have key hole at the back, which is missing in SXI. Hence Ford marked it that you can only open using remote key from outside! In ZXi you can even use key (both with remote and without) to open deck lid, err boot.
Old 7th July 2010, 18:16   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@nairrk
yes deck lid only!
In ZXI you have key hole at the back, which is missing in SXI. Hence Ford marked it that you can only open using remote key from outside! In ZXi you can even use key (both with remote and without) to open deck lid, err boot.
+
No, even for the present ZXI variant there is no key hole at the back
( I think only 'S' has got the key hole now). So I have to either use the remote or boot lid open button fitted in the dashboard.
Old 7th July 2010, 22:53   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
Yes the present models have a lid opener under the seat (not exactly under the seat).
you said in older model, the lid unlock the moment the doors are unlocked?
Does this mean that everytime you lock/unlock the door,the fuel lid also get locked and unlocked??
Yes the fuel lid is unlocked everytime the doors are unlocked and vice versa,as for the keyhole in the deck lid(boot lid) the 2006 model sxi has it,while in motion the deck lid can't be opened using the release button on the dash.
Old 8th July 2010, 07:43   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Yes the fuel lid is unlocked everytime the doors are unlocked and vice versa,as for the keyhole in the deck lid(boot lid) the 2006 model sxi has it,while in motion the deck lid can't be opened using the release button on the dash.
@yogi

I am confused as to why the fuel lid should be opened every time the doors are opened. Whats the mechanism used for the fuel lid operation. For eg if you park you car and open the doors, the fuel lid opens. If you lock the car, fuel lid closed automatically. Thats strange Ford design. What do you do during refueling? Unlatch central locking I guess.
Old 8th July 2010, 10:15   #103
BHPian

Ghodlur the the lid is not opened only it gets unlocked when you unlock the doors and locked when you lock the doors,so while filling gas if the doors are unlocked you just have to open the lid fill and shut it.
Old 8th July 2010, 11:03   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Ghodlur the the lid is not opened only it gets unlocked when you unlock the doors and locked when you lock the doors,so while filling gas if the doors are unlocked you just have to open the lid fill and shut it.
Thanks yogi, I will try to see in present Fiesta whether I can open the fuel lid with central locking On and will update.
Old 14th July 2010, 11:02   #105
Senior - BHPian

Rear Tyre pressure loss

I was agast today morning to see the rear left tyre pressure to be minimum when I parked my Fiesta in the office basement parking. I had driven from Thane and did not experience any symptoms of the tyre losing pressure, no wobling at all. Initially I thought it was a puncture but moved the car bit forward and backward to see any piercings had taken place, found none.
Drove the car to the nearest air filling station and got the air filled to 30 psi. Got the tyre rechecked with the attendant for any piercings, even he confirmed there was none. Will wait for some time and see if the pressure loss continues.

I am told that tubeless tyres loose pressure only when stationary and not during moving. Is this true? A couple of queries

1) What could have caused the pressure loss?
2) Would this have damaged the tyre rim in any case.
3) What are the normal symptoms during driving if the tyre starts losing air?

Pls advise.

Most Viewed