Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2010, 15:46   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Low Oid Indicator can be due to loose contact of Oil Pressure Switch, I have faced this issue on and off since the last 20,000 kms on my TCIC. The solution is to clean and tighten the switch and connectors.

The TCIC oil switch (Probably called the indicator plug in your case) is not easily available, was available last time at opera house markets for about 600-800 Rs. Suggest you get it changed if you indeed are going to use the vehicle for another 80K kms.
So, have you solved the problem.
Yes, I told the SC people to do some adjustements. They did'nt commented on the availability of oil indicator, Instead said that the switch is available.
I donot want to spend alot just for a small switch, as i know that nothing is wrong with the car currently and oil levels are also going fine. But, i might consider to replace it in future and Yes the vehicle is with me till 3L kms, I can surely assure that.

Last edited by mercedised : 7th May 2010 at 15:47.
Old 10th May 2010, 14:57   #77
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Mercediesed I have replaced the swtich twice earlier (Oil Pressure Switch).

Now since the last 50k kms I just tighten the switch on every service, still get the Red Oil Low Indicaton once in a while.

I do in anycase check the Oil levels manually, besides keeping an Eye out for any oil leakage marks below the car.
Old 10th May 2010, 16:46   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Mercediesed I have replaced the swtich twice earlier (Oil Pressure Switch).

Now since the last 50k kms I just tighten the switch on every service, still get the Red Oil Low Indicaton once in a while.

I do in anycase check the Oil levels manually, besides keeping an Eye out for any oil leakage marks below the car.
Me too going the same way. I check the oil level everytime the SUV goes out of city.
Anyways, The car is curently in HYDERABAD for some buissness purpose. Driven by my driver from Indore - Hyd, it's 1100kms one way.
Old 14th May 2010, 08:37   #79
BHPian

My FE had dropped to 8 ish after the FIP overhaul . Now after a bit of tinkering is 9.5 ish in Mumbai with some major traffic jams in AC on idle and a bit of non ac ( 40 % ) .
The pickup and power is very good , the vehicle climbing on flyovers under full load quite easily.
Its not quite as awkward as the '3 legged frog'.
And i have found the low turning radius not much of a concern contrary to my perception.
Only the rear hatch rattles over smallish bumps at speed. And the steering is not as precise as i would 've liked for a vehicle of this size.
Also a wierd thing the hazard light ( all indicators ) flash briefly sometimes without any particular reason. I have noticed this more when i am pulling her from slowish speeds. But i may be wrong.
Have got my wiring checked. Its fine.
So cant figure. this out. Anybody experinced this ?
Old 14th May 2010, 09:35   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
Now after a bit of tinkering is 9.5 ish in Mumbai with some major traffic jams in AC on idle and a bit of non ac ( 40 % )
Am getting nearly the same average in city (with AC, though) on the 2.2. So, to make you feel still better, this FE figure is just good .

Quote:
Only the rear hatch rattles over smallish bumps at speed. And the steering is not as precise as i would 've liked for a vehicle of this size.
You'll find a solution to this issue in the Safari 2.2 technical issues thread, where modifications were done by few owners, by replacing the latch(?) with that of the Sumo.

Quote:
Also a wierd thing the hazard light ( all indicators ) flash briefly sometimes without any particular reason. I have noticed this more when i am pulling her from slowish speeds.
Have seen this happen on our Maruti 800 which has Autocop central locking installed. The hazard lights come on when any of the doors are not shut properly, and end up making intermittent contact with the actuators installed on the door frame. If you got the central locking installed yourself (like I did, with our's being an LX variant, but the mechanism is different here, unlike that on the Maruti), you can have it inspected. Otherwise, there might not be any other reason for the lights to come on.
Old 14th May 2010, 10:51   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Am getting nearly the same average in city (with AC, though) on the 2.2. So, to make you feel still better, this FE figure is just good .
That makes me feel good. Reason for not using AC on open roads at speed is that the large window area admits good amount of breeze in. In traffic with polution and dust the ac is necessity though feels inadequate with sun against or overhead. With sun behind you the ac seems good enough.

You'll find a solution to this issue in the Safari 2.2 technical issues thread, where modifications were done by few owners, by replacing the latch(?) with that of the Sumo.

thanks a lot.! The vehicle is not rattler but for this irritating noise which makes it feel old and rickety. shall have it attended to ASAP.

The hazard lights come on when any of the doors are not shut properly, and end up making intermittent contact with the actuators installed on the door frame.
you may be spot on here. most likely suspect is the rear hatch here now that i think about the concept. Thanks Mr. Kamath

Regds,
Kedar Nadkarni
Old 14th May 2010, 18:16   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My FE had dropped to 8 ish after the FIP overhaul . Now after a bit of tinkering is 9.5 ish in Mumbai with some major traffic jams in AC on idle and a bit of non ac ( 40 % ) .
The pickup and power is very good , the vehicle climbing on flyovers under full load quite easily.
Its not quite as awkward as the '3 legged frog'.
And i have found the low turning radius not much of a concern contrary to my perception.
Also a wierd thing the hazard light ( all indicators ) flash briefly sometimes without any particular reason. I have noticed this more when i am pulling her from slowish speeds. But i may be wrong.
Have got my wiring checked. Its fine.
So cant figure. this out. Anybody experinced this ?
My Safari too gives 8-9kmpl in city driving. No concern issue. What is REAR Latch?
Old 14th May 2010, 20:13   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
My Safari too gives 8-9kmpl in city driving. No concern issue. What is REAR Latch?
Rear hatch is rear door
Mr. Kamath ( dkamth) has suggested that the latch on the rear hatch may be the culprit.
It rattles away to glory on even small road indentations on speed. As if it has a play for vetical movement in the frame. I ll have the latch fixed to a sumo one.
I am sure it'll be inexpensive
Old 18th May 2010, 14:21   #84
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

My TCIC too is at 8-9 kmpl in a combination of aggressive city and highway driving.
Old 18th May 2010, 14:33   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. As if it has a play for vetical movement in the frame. I ll have the latch fixed to a sumo one.
I am sure it'll be inexpensive
Ask for Dove Tail Joint for Sumo Grande and not sumo.

The exact part number is given in my post in 2.2 VTT thread the material cost ( latch + screws) was 200 Rupees .
Old 18th May 2010, 15:02   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
HIGHNOON : My FE had dropped to 8 ish after the FIP overhaul.
Hope your timing was also set after the FIP was put back in. IIRC, you would need to run about 100-200 km after timing checks before things settle down. I may be wrong on the second part, though.
Old 18th May 2010, 15:12   #87
BHPian

Can someone tell me how is the AC performence in the TCIC safari's is it good, cause I'm looking for a good used 2003-2004 TCIC safari, but havn't come across one yet, but from what I read, TCIC Safari's are simpler and rugged, even though they are a bit less on the power front.

Last edited by musicmanaman : 18th May 2010 at 15:13.
Old 18th May 2010, 15:16   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Can someone tell me how is the AC performence in the TCIC safari's is it good, cause I'm looking for a good used 2003-2004 TCIC safari, but havn't come across one yet, but from what I read, TCIC Safari's are simpler and rugged, even though they are a bit less on the power front.
Well AC is best in the Class at-least in Dicors and there is no change in AC since early Safaris so should be good in general. Look for higher varient with rear overhead blower ( has a separate cooling coil as well) for rear passengers.
Old 18th May 2010, 15:27   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

@Amit, he's looking for a TCIC Safari, which has far lesser power than the Dicors. I had recently TD-ed one such Safari, and found that the power is on the lower side, but as long as you dont try sprints, you should be fine. With or without a/c. It's all about a nice, comfortable drive than the quarter-mile dash.
Old 18th May 2010, 17:07   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Amit, he's looking for a TCIC Safari, which has far lesser power than the Dicors. I had recently TD-ed one such Safari, and found that the power is on the lower side, but as long as you dont try sprints, you should be fine. With or without a/c. It's all about a nice, comfortable drive than the quarter-mile dash.
Well he specifically asked how is AC and his post it states he is aware of power being less.
As AC is same between Dicor and non-dicor it should be good / best in class isn't it ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks