Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:56   #16
BHPian

Hey, so 100 PCD on the Linea (which they say is usually not advisable), have you faced any issues on rattling, vibration or cornering response with this change in alloys. Specially in the cases where you had mentioned about clocking high speeds of 170 Kmph.
Just real curious to know this, cos my baby in black is arriving on Monday and i am still so limited with choice of alloys for her.
Old 3rd December 2009, 18:19   #17
BHPian

@ Sameer
Yes ABS inspires confidense as one knows that the car will not skid. That does give a feeling of stronger brakes. But all said and done Linea's brakes are damn good. I commented on it in my thread that I worry about the guy behind me- if he'll be able to brake in time.
Old 4th December 2009, 12:01   #18
BHPian

The 3 years warranty package is limited to 45000KMS or whichever is earlier.

I guess 45000KMS is sufficient as I plan to drive the Linea for max 4 years.[/quote]

450000 kms is good, I think the 1 year warranty comes with the 150000 kms. My Bad.

You have some real cool Mag wheels there. Cheers.
Old 5th December 2009, 13:35   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Fastlove- I think you should have gone in for a diesel if your running was so much.
Yes. You can say that and i have to agree too. But, still i disagree because if i have to go back 8 months and book a Linea , it would be the same decision. But, however if i had a choice now, i would have looked at Linea T-Jet Petrol.

I wouldnt let the pleasure of driving around this beauty be taken away just because the fuel option is proving to be expensive.

My driving has increased by atleast 30% after i got the Linea . and i dont curb any urge that i have to drive around with her , anytime.

One Life ...One Linea
Old 5th December 2009, 16:37   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Yes. You can say that and i have to agree too. But, still i disagree because if i have to go back 8 months and book a Linea , it would be the same decision. But, however if i had a choice now, i would have looked at Linea T-Jet Petrol.

I wouldnt let the pleasure of driving around this beauty be taken away just because the fuel option is proving to be expensive.

My driving has increased by atleast 30% after i got the Linea . and i dont curb any urge that i have to drive around with her , anytime.

One Life ...One Linea
Go on man, enjoy your Linea to the hilt. You've got the money- you've got the power. And I really feel that of all the current Linea owners you would miss owning the T-Jet the most.

@ everyone
I just got the clutch slave cylinder changed. I'll post the pics and details of it in my thread soon.
Old 7th December 2009, 12:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzz View Post
Hey, so 100 PCD on the Linea (which they say is usually not advisable), have you faced any issues on rattling, vibration or cornering response with this change in alloys. Specially in the cases where you had mentioned about clocking high speeds of 170 Kmph.
Just real curious to know this, cos my baby in black is arriving on Monday and i am still so limited with choice of alloys for her.
Congrats on your new Linea. Get ready for all the gauranteed admiration!! Happy Driving

No I have not faced any problem. In fact the road grip is much better after changing to the alloys. The handling in corners is awesome and the car is planted to the road in high speeds. The only drawback as I mentioned earlier is the FE has come down by 2 to 3 kms. (This issue can be ignored as the Linea with up size tires and alloys attracts a lot of attention on city roads)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboholic View Post
The 3 years warranty package is limited to 45000KMS or whichever is earlier.

I guess 45000KMS is sufficient as I plan to drive the Linea for max 4 years.

450000 kms is good, I think the 1 year warranty comes with the 150000 kms. My Bad.

You have some real cool Mag wheels there. Cheers.[/quote]

Thanks!
Old 7th December 2009, 19:30   #22
BHPian

I have a Punto dynamic with a OE alloy.BTW where you got the Plati alloys.I am planning to buy a LINEA for my friend.I also want the same alloy but in 16 inch...So can you give me the details..
Old 7th December 2009, 19:35   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
@ everyone
I just got the clutch slave cylinder changed. I'll post the pics and details of it in my thread soon.

What is the need for change in Clutch Slave Cylinder ? What made you change it (i mean, what are the symptoms ?)
Old 7th December 2009, 19:52   #24
BHPian

Nice write up. Disappointed with the FE figures, afterall its a 1.3 MJD and should give north of 15KMPL average.
Old 8th December 2009, 00:06   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
What is the need for change in Clutch Slave Cylinder ? What made you change it (i mean, what are the symptoms ?)
Check this post out Binze (#53).
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1621605
Old 8th December 2009, 12:43   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpzone View Post
Nice write up. Disappointed with the FE figures, afterall its a 1.3 MJD and should give north of 15KMPL average.
If you drive sensibly the FE improves. But in DZIRE any type of driving gives out good FE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
I have a Punto dynamic with a OE alloy.BTW where you got the Plati alloys.I am planning to buy a LINEA for my friend.I also want the same alloy but in 16 inch...So can you give me the details..
You may contact Mr.Anil of Majestic Tires on casa major road egmore opp db. 9841025335
Old 9th December 2009, 19:37   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
If you drive sensibly the FE improves. But in DZIRE any type of driving gives out good FE.

You may contact Mr.Anil of Majestic Tires on casa major road egmore opp db. 9841025335
ooh its anil eh?i know him.infact i discussed with him for long reg 100 pcd on my punto.then i went with OE wheels.where do u stay in chennai?was any mod done to fix those wheels on the linea?
Old 10th December 2009, 13:38   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
ooh its anil eh?i know him.infact i discussed with him for long reg 100 pcd on my punto.then i went with OE wheels.where do u stay in chennai?was any mod done to fix those wheels on the linea?
I stay on PH Road. No did not do any mod's for fixing the alloys on my linea. What color is your Punto.? Recently I spotted a red Punto in my area with lovely alloys. He has painted the roof black. The car looks realy awesome.
Old 10th December 2009, 17:20   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
I stay on PH Road. No did not do any mod's for fixing the alloys on my linea. What color is your Punto.? Recently I spotted a red Punto in my area with lovely alloys. He has painted the roof black. The car looks realy awesome.
Mine is silver.You can see my car at
my punto thread
i also wanted to get such good looking alloys.but dint want to take a risk.so went ahead with OE.even OE looks good(my view).I will soon get my roof blacked.

Vignesh
Old 26th January 2010, 09:13   #30
BHPian

100 PCD

Can any one clarify on PCD rating of alloys. What is the significance?

Most Viewed