Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2010, 17:40   #31

Linea Petrol Emotion: 14000 km in 10 months

Hello all,
I own a Linea Petrol Emotion Black. In about 10 months, I have done close to 14000 km. The car has been very good until now, giving me a mileage of at least 11 in the city and on many an occasion, over 12 kmpl.
Just today, I had my first flat tyre (luckily I was in my apartment only) and it was a painful experience taking it out.
Like any other car, I set the jack, lifted the tyre, unscrewed the bolts and tried to shake the wheel free. No budge. I tried everything, including shaking the car (as mentioned in the manual), pouring oil etc. No luck.
I finally had to call Concorde Service and their technician came, got under the car and gave the wheel a number of hard thwacks with a big hammer. Finally, the wheel came off. When I asked him why this was so, his reply was that "That is the quality". Apparently, the wheel - brake junction has rusted and needs to be cleaned up.

Also, the blue&me stopped working one day without any warning and started working again after a few days own its own without any indication. No idea why or what or how.

One day, the ABS indicator light on the dashboard just came on. I took it immediately to the service station and according to them, it was just a loose connection. Scary though.
I am not sure if other owners have faced such issues, but otherwise the car is a dream to own and drive.
Old 14th February 2010, 11:58   #32
BHPian

Hi Sameer,

I am not sure how did i miss those chrome exhausts in your Linea.

I am in desperate search for a good one and just saw the message from Vigneshram mentioning that your post have photos of your car with additional chrome exhaust.

Some of the accessories shop turned me saying the exhaust cannot be fitted because the tail of the exhaust is pointing down.

Where did you get it from ? how much is the cost ?
Old 14th February 2010, 21:55   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Hi Sameer,

I am not sure how did i miss those chrome exhausts in your Linea.

I am in desperate search for a good one and just saw the message from Vigneshram mentioning that your post have photos of your car with additional chrome exhaust.

Some of the accessories shop turned me saying the exhaust cannot be fitted because the tail of the exhaust is pointing down.

Where did you get it from ? how much is the cost ?
hey bnzjon i picked up the chrome exhaust from prodrive infantry road bangalore. it costed 800 bucks. you need to get it welded into the existing pipe. though its tail is pointed down it can be fixed without any problems.
Old 14th February 2010, 22:12   #34
BHPian

Thanks Sameer.
Where did you get it welded - chennai or b'lore ?

If in chennai, pls give me the address.
Old 14th February 2010, 22:34   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Thanks Sameer.
Where did you get it welded - chennai or b'lore ?

If in chennai, pls give me the address.
I got it done in Chennai. Just before Melody theatre there is a small lane, once you enter that on the left there is this welding shop. He does a good job. I dont remember how much I paid. A few hundreds I guess.

BTW sometimes Prodrive does not have the exhaust off the shelf. They manufacture themselves if you place an order. You might just be lucky they might have also.
Old 19th February 2010, 12:03   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmurthy View Post
Hello all,
Just today, I had my first flat tyre (luckily I was in my apartment only) and it was a painful experience taking it out.
Like any other car, I set the jack, lifted the tyre, unscrewed the bolts and tried to shake the wheel free. No budge. I tried everything, including shaking the car (as mentioned in the manual), pouring oil etc. No luck.
I finally had to call Concorde Service and their technician came, got under the car and gave the wheel a number of hard thwacks with a big hammer. Finally, the wheel came off. When I asked him why this was so, his reply was that "That is the quality". Apparently, the wheel - brake junction has rusted and needs to be cleaned up.
@Murthy: This issue could have arisen if the tyres had not been rotated all this while. 14k kms is a long distance which could have lead to this instance. The 15k service interval can make owners forget that the tyres should ideally be rotated every 5k kms or so.
Old 28th February 2012, 12:18   #37
BHPian

Hi this query is to all Linea 1.3 MJD owners.

My Linea MJD has done 57000kms and service is due. I have booked for tomorrow. I have noticed a bad noise from the engine. Checked with my friend who has some idea and he said its coming from the Timing Chain. So I guess timing kit will have to be replaced.

I would like to know if any one of you have replaced the timing kit and the cost ? And also at how many kms did the replacement take place.

I checked with the service advisor while booking for service and he said usually in the Linea MJD the timing kit is replaced at 70000kms. In my car's case at 57K itself this problem has arisen. Any specific issue here?

Feedback will be appreciated.
Old 28th February 2012, 12:43   #38
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea MJD Emotion Black - 14000KMS in 7months.

Hi,

I have replaced Timing Chain under warranty before 5 months in my SilverStreak.
Some of the batch Linea's are having some issue with Timing Chain and it will be replaced under warranty.
Please check with Service Centre. They have the list of VIN number and without much fuss, they can repalce it under warranty.

Most Viewed