Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2010, 18:22   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
i think he charged about 1000rs or so for labour.

Edit:just called up that accesory guy and spoke to him the box cost somewhere between 750-800.
Thanks for checking on the price. A couple more questions for you. Is the enclosure fully enclosed or does it have a hole with a pipe in it? Did the installation include dampening?
Old 16th March 2010, 18:59   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Thanks for checking on the price. A couple more questions for you. Is the enclosure fully enclosed or does it have a hole with a pipe in it? Did the installation include dampening?
The enclosure does have a hole with a pipe in it. No the installation did not include dampening.I was over my budget already so had to cutback on it at that time, i am planning of getting it done shortly.
Old 17th March 2010, 22:17   #153
BHPian

Hey rocky just got to know that they are making the Xylo BS4 from april and that would result in a 15% price hike!!!!
Old 17th March 2010, 22:29   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Hey rocky just got to know that they are making the Xylo BS4 from april and that would result in a 15% price hike!!!!
yup there is going to be some changes made to the ecu tuning to achieve the BS4 i guess.I didn't know that it would cost 15% more. Don't you think it is a bit too steep for just a ecu tuning? I don't think they have designed a new engine to meet the BS4 specs.

With the increase of tax on vehicles of 2.5% from the April that would bring the total to 17.5% increase, that's almost 1,70,000 heavier on your pocket.

P.S where did you get the info regarding the price hike? And i would suggest you go in for the vehicle if possible, while it is still cheaper.

Last edited by rocky080 : 17th March 2010 at 22:33.
Old 17th March 2010, 23:07   #155
BHPian

Actually i am not sure about the 15 % figure... i read it on the the net.. i am confirmed on the upgrade to BS4 and even today when i talked to a dealer in Noida ... he confirmed that a new BS4 version is coming and it would add up to around 50grand! so when i searched the net i found this figure of 15% so therefore thought of asking you...

Anyways, so may be the internet source is wrong!! Also waiting for the ABS AIRBAGS version is 10 -15 days... so maybe will opt for the ABS which is readily available... as we want the vehicle before ending of this fiscal..

Regards,
Sahil
Old 18th March 2010, 10:35   #156
BHPian

Quote:
... he confirmed that a new BS4 version is coming and it would add up to around 50grand!

... so maybe will opt for the ABS which is readily available... as we want the vehicle before ending of this fiscal..

Regards,
Sahil
Even 50grand hike is alot. Its good that your going in for the vehicle before this fiscal. But make sure that you get all the financing and registration work(all formalities) done and not just paying the booking amount before the fiscal ends or you might end up paying all the extra amount if somebody goof up and delays things at the dealer's end.

Last edited by rocky080 : 18th March 2010 at 10:36.
Old 18th March 2010, 20:13   #157
BHPian

Hey Rocky..
Called up today at a dealer and got to know E8 ABS Diamond White available... Will may be opting for that!!.. SO we will have similar ones!!
Old 18th March 2010, 20:17   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Rocky..
Called up today at a dealer and got to know E8 ABS Diamond White available... Will may be opting for that!!.. SO we will have similar ones!!
Good to hear that you're considering white. I would also suggest looking at the Java brown and fiery black before you make your decision these also looks good. what deal have you worked out with the dealer ? Any goodies and discount being offered to you. Try to get as much as possible from these guys.

Last edited by rocky080 : 18th March 2010 at 20:20.
Old 18th March 2010, 20:25   #159
BHPian

Actually i like the fiery black and my dad liked the gold shimmer .. java brown we both hate and fiery black my dad hates... no issues with white and my mum liked the white so in short white is the one we are planning!
Old 18th March 2010, 20:49   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Actually i like the fiery black and my dad liked the gold shimmer .. java brown we both hate and fiery black my dad hates... no issues with white and my mum liked the white so in short white is the one we are planning!
So the colour has already been decided(i wonder why all dads hate black colour even my dad hated it ?). Have you worked out a deal with the sales guy yet? In terms of goodies and discounts

I have one suggestion if you get free insurance take it otherwise get it from outside it will be close to 8-9k cheaper. my dealer quoted 32k as insurance it got it outside for 23k(if i remember correctly)
Old 23rd March 2010, 13:38   #161
BHPian

Note from Mod : Please avoid typing with excessive dots........like..........this...........Thanks

Hey Rocky my xylo is delaying for the moment... they dont have the delivery vehicle for the e8 ABS diamond white..

Hey the e6 is now there with side facing end seats.....

Last edited by GTO : 23rd March 2010 at 20:53. Reason: Note from Mod : Please avoid typing with excessive dots........like..........this...........Thanks
Old 23rd March 2010, 13:45   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Rocky my xylo is delaying for the moment... they dont have the delivery vehicle for the e8 ABS diamond white..

Hey the e6 is now there with side facing end seats.....
How come they don't have a delivery vehicle? when you told me last week that you spoke to sales guy they had right. Just blast the sales guy and tell him you will cancel the booking and go elsewhere then he will speak to his manager and comply else you speak with the manager yourself.This is all their trick to delay the delivery make you pay the extra amount applicable after April.This is one of the reason i told you earlier to get everything done before march end.

I came to know of the E6 with the side facing rear seats yesterday on their website.

Last edited by rocky080 : 23rd March 2010 at 13:48.
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:01   #163
BHPian

Actually at that time when i had called to check the availability it was Bhasin motors and when i contacted them two days later they told me its already booked .... so i asked the sales girl to arrange one .. she said would not be possible for arranging before april

SO now i have contacted another dealer Koncept Automobiles In noida , he also said that its not available with them but he has promised to arrange one before 31 march.. Yesterday only i went to that showroom... and made him talk to the Area sales manager and he confirmed that they will make it available before the march end...!! So just waiting for my beast from that side

Also one more good thing happened.. some days before We had taken an E4 toreader red as a taxi .. and my dad while getting into the car in a wrong way due to its height strained his leg which is no problem in an innova, so he had again got a little twisted back to the innova (as we have elders at home).. But yesterday at the dealership we met a person who was the HR head of pepsi co. , He told us that he had a CRDe scorpio and driven for five years without any problems or niggling issues
And he had sold that vehicle and was buying a m hawk scorpio top model 4WD again..
He vouched that you could never find another car as much reliable as Mahindra... and the toyotas are very delicate to handle... Considering his experience my Dad has finally made up his mind for the Beast...Phew!!

Thanks
Sahil
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:18   #164
BHPian

Quote:
.......He vouched that you could never find another car as much reliable as Mahindra... and the toyotas are very delicate to handle... Considering his experience my Dad has finally made up his mind for the Beast...Phew!!

Thanks
Sahil
Its good that your dad finally has decided to go in for the Xylo. But dude even if you get the vehicle before march end, unless it comes registered before that time you will still have to bear the excess road tax amount to register (if applicable in your state). And if there is a goof up again then you will be liable to pay the excess tax amount on the vehicle again and also you will have to buy BS4 which will cost you quite a lot of money.So I repeat again try to get everything done before 31st march.

Anyhow good that your beast is finally on its way. enjoy
Old 26th March 2010, 21:05   #165
BHPian

Dear Rocky,

Finally after 6 TD's and the 7th one yesterday and confirmation that they will make the vehicle available i have booked my Xylo

Its Diamond White E8 Abs
And have ordered for the following accessories

--->Ski Rack
--->Sun Window Skirts
--->V -Kool Sunfilm
--->Teflon COating
--->Crash/Nudge Guard
--->Seat Covers
--->Rear Spoiler
--->Anti-Rust Coating

Promised by the dealer
->Matting
->Mud Flaps
->Perfume
->Divinity- Not Reqd.

Do comment...
Have you got any Seat covers??
If yes do tell me which ones and how much they cost?
ARe you experiencing any niggling issues ,rattles , unwanted noises.. as a Tb mate is experiencing hell number of them
Whats your mileage?? and on the odo??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks