Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 22:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
Hey don carmaster i am going out of station for a couple of days and will try touch it up when i get back.

I still have that nippon system with the set of four useless speakers that came with the car. Nobody was willing to buy that, I even tried to sell it to the accessory shop guy from whom i bought the pioneer system but he wouldn't take it.( The system is not entirely a true 2-din system only the outer face plate that's visible is 2-din inside its just like a normal single cd changer)

Till date i have clocked up 5950kms in two and a half months and planning on another long trip when i get back . When are you planning to buy your new car. And what has your dad decided? were you able to convince him?

Regards
Rocky
Hey Rocky no offences meant but I'm stuck with Xylo E8 for the next couple of days. I do like the acceleration but the brakes are bad , really bad. But what I'm surprised is the instrumentation and lack of any vibration in the cabin. MAN THAT IS JUST AWESOME. I'm driving around town and I'm the single person so I keep the ac at Ac Lo and it cools the cabin pretty much.

Over all good VFM
Old 18th December 2009, 00:13   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Hey Rocky no offences meant but I'm stuck with Xylo E8 for the next couple of days. I do like the acceleration but the brakes are bad , really bad. But what I'm surprised is the instrumentation and lack of any vibration in the cabin. MAN THAT IS JUST AWESOME. I'm driving around town and I'm the single person so I keep the ac at Ac Lo and it cools the cabin pretty much.

Over all good VFM
\
@Mile Cruncher :Like what do you mean to say !? The brakes do not apply properly or the braking system is inefficient !? I even saw your garage no updates of xylo over there!!
How many miles crunched till now??

Last edited by Eddy : 21st December 2009 at 13:22. Reason: Not more than 2 smilies allowed.
Old 18th December 2009, 07:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
\
@Mile Cruncher :Like what do you mean to say !? The brakes do not apply properly or the braking system is inefficient !? I even saw your garage no updates of xylo over there!!
How many miles crunched till now??
I have a Boleo CRDe which is faced with inefficient and bad braking system. As my Storm is in the workshop, I have been provided with a loaner vehicle which is a Xylo E8 w/o ABS I think. Even though the concerned vehicle has done only about 7.5k, brakes seem to be lethargic.

Looks like all M&M vehicles suffer from braking issues
Old 18th December 2009, 11:57   #34
BHPian

Is it the test drive vehicle or it belongs to someone??..... how do they manage to give a loaner vehicle?
Old 18th December 2009, 12:42   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it the test drive vehicle or it belongs to someone??..... how do they manage to give a loaner vehicle?
The vehicle belongs to M&M Hyd Area Office and is given to customers as a loaner car in case of need. I guess this at the discretion of the Regional Service Head
Old 18th December 2009, 13:44   #36
BHPian

ABS Vehicles seems to have better brakes

milecruncher,

when i bought my xlyo, i test drove both E8 without ABS and E8 with ABS, I found the braking system in the with ABS vehicle different, i am not sure what was the reason for the difference, but it had better response to foot pressure, came back sportingly once you release the brakes, it was biting better and most importantly, i actually did a basic braking test by applying full brakes at 60 kmph, the E8 with ABS came to a standstill earlier than the one without ABS,

Have anyone else tested out and experienced this.
sijil

sijil
Old 18th December 2009, 23:04   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sijil.karim View Post
milecruncher,

when i bought my xlyo, i test drove both E8 without ABS and E8 with ABS, I found the braking system in the with ABS vehicle different, i am not sure what was the reason for the difference, but it had better response to foot pressure, came back sportingly once you release the brakes, it was biting better and most importantly, i actually did a basic braking test by applying full brakes at 60 kmph, the E8 with ABS came to a standstill earlier than the one without ABS,

Have anyone else tested out and experienced this.
sijil

sijil
Ya sijil the ABS surely helps the vehicle to brake fast actually the system alternates the braking on all the four tires and hence it increases the braking efficiency....I have Baleno which is w/o ABS and hence the brakes apply with full force but it skids off the track if we brake at a higher speed, i have also TDed the Xylo Abs and the braking is superb!!...I know i am comparing two out of the class vehicles but still ABS increase the braking ability a lot!!
Note from mod: Excess smileys removed, please do not use more than 2 smileys per post

Last edited by tsk1979 : 21st December 2009 at 13:18.
don_carmaster is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th December 2009, 09:17   #38
BHPian

hey guys sorry for getting in on the topic late.

@milemuncher: What do you mean by the brakes are bad ? Which car do you drive in the city usually ? Because if you are comparing the bolero and the xylo you need to take into consideration the Xylo is a much taller car than the bolero and much heavier so it is going to have a different feel from when braking in the bolero. And having the ABS on the vehicle does make a lot of difference because my beast stops on a dime and i feel it was even better than the innova which i TD. And since you are using a company vehicle which is given as a loaner vehicle it may have been abused by other customers or the m&m people themselves. Try the TD vehicle with ABS(see the difference) which will be a lot more well maintained than the loaner vehicle.

@Sijil.karim I also did the braking test while buying the vehicle i tried it at a higher speed(about 90kmph) and i did notice the one without ABS skids but you have to consider this is not a hatchback or even a sedan to stop as quickly. The one with ABS stops a lot faster and you feel the brake pedal pulsating which is common in all ABS Vehicles( I may be wrong).

Regards
Rocky
Old 20th December 2009, 22:38   #39
BHPian

Welcome back rocky!!
Touched up?? Were planning on the car for the next year, end of JAN. Still we are on the xylo vs innova debate, and we are comparing E8ABS, Airbags vs the innova g model. Lets see what happens at last. what is the present mileage you are getting??
Old 21st December 2009, 09:42   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome back rocky!!
Touched up?? Were planning on the car for the next year, end of JAN. Still we are on the xylo vs innova debate, and we are comparing E8ABS, Airbags vs the innova g model. Lets see what happens at last. what is the present mileage you are getting??
Hey don carmaster i havent been able to touch it up as yet i have been busy with a little work. But i will surely post pics once i touch it up.

I am currently getting about 11.5-12kmpl in city without a/c but even with a/c FE might drop by max 1km. On the highway like i said earlier i have a heavy foot and i got 12.5 on my last trip to pondycherry.

I heard one customer at the service station say he is getting 16kmpl but i think he was refering to IM(instantaneous mileage) that is displayed on the DDAS(digital drive assist system) which is not the actual mileage.

I think it would be possible to get an average of atleast around 13 in the city and highway if you have control over your feet and keep speed within 60kmph in the city and 80-90kmph on the highways . Anyways good luck deciding between Xylo and innova.

Regards
Rocky
Old 21st December 2009, 13:09   #41
BHPian

I have been using the Xylo (company car) for months now. I regularly get 11-11.5 in Pune traffic with A/c. Recently, on a 1200km trip down South (on NH-4), she returned 14+ with the speedo needle around the 100-105km/h mark.
Old 21st December 2009, 18:15   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
I have been using the Xylo (company car) for months now. I regularly get 11-11.5 in Pune traffic with A/c. Recently, on a 1200km trip down South (on NH-4), she returned 14+ with the speedo needle around the 100-105km/h mark.
Welcome to the xylo gang bunnypunia great that you are getting such good FE. What do you think of the vehicle ? what are your views about the xylo ?
Old 21st December 2009, 18:31   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rocky, Congrats on the purchase.

I have a E6 T.Red too. Was wondering what the colours of the map pockets and the box under the driver seats are? I sure hope its not the lilac that I have on mine.

Read someplace here that on the white E8 they have black or brown.
Old 21st December 2009, 21:14   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
hey thats a very nice FE ,which colour do you have??
Whats your seat configuration ?? and pl do review about your beast!!
Old 21st December 2009, 22:48   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
The Mahindra xylo E8. I got delivery of it on the 1st of October 2009.

I will have to disagree with some of the fellow bhpians that the xylo is horrible in its drivability though I agree it is not as good as the innova but I am comfortable going around turns at 90+kmph which is what I would consider safe for any vehicle let alone an mpv.

About the engine I am able to outrun any innova on the highway; I have achieved a max speed of 160kmph on NICE road in Bangalore.
The brakes are awesome as my baby is equipped with ABS. overall I am completely satisfied with it. I am currently getting fuel efficiency of around 11 in city and 12.3 on highways I expect it to increase after the second service.
Congratulations on your new acquisition! I am also a great believer in the Xylo's capabilities. About the performance that you describe, I'd like to share with you all, a relative's interesting experience of driving his brand new Xylo E8 ABS down from Delhi to a place called Ghatshila in Jharkhand, just a few days ago. I am quoting from his email to me...
Quote:
  1. We had set out at around 3pm on Tuesday - 15-12-2009 and reached Ghatshila around 9pm on Wednesday - 16-12-2009.
  2. This vehicle xylo is far superior than scorpio overall since I received a marvellous average of 18 km per liter.
  3. Ride quality is also comfortable particualrly since I have travelled in Innova from New Delhi to Kanpur to Lucknow to Allahabad and back to New Delhi twice in 2008 regarding some official assignment where I was a passenger and not a driver.
  4. Ride was pretty smooth.
  5. Allahabad by pass was just superb and drove the whole night.
  6. Our bad expereince started of from Barhi - Hazaribagh - Ramgarh - Ranchi - Jamshedpur - Ghantshila route OUR FAMOUS JHARKHAND
  7. Before Hazaribag due to breakage of a bridge I got my self diverted over paddy fields which were dry but with huge bumps since paddy fields as you know in eastern India have muddy barricades of separation.
  8. Thanks to the road clearance of Xylo but we were stopped by some local goons who asked for SOME HUGE SOME (sic) OF money for crossing their paddy fields.
  9. Thanks to my Dhanbad - Jharia - Sindri back ground ... I could ... teach them a lesson.
  10. Simultaneously police arrived and the goons were off with their Olympic race.
  11. 3 hours wastage took place by that time.
  12. Again before entering Ramgarh bulls and cows were rushing down from the local hillocks and to save them my left side rearview glass broke in to pieces.
  13. The trip also make me stop since my back bull guard bolt heads got broken due crossing of paddy fields.
  14. All these were taken care of at Ranchi M&M dealer's place by paying them Rs. 3000.00
  15. These episodes took 7 hours more and hence Jharkhand took away 10 hours in various pandamoniums which commensurates with the present status of the state and its background being off from erstwhile Bihar.
  16. I would have made The Distance between New Delhi and Ghatshila - around 1700 kilometer in 18 hours only had such fiascos would not have happened.
  17. XYLO CRUISES WELL AT 140 KM PER HOUR AND MILEAGE IS JUST SUPERB.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 21st December 2009 at 22:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks