Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2010, 09:08   #76
Senior - BHPian

Yes. Thats correct. You have the new EGR valve then.

Did you change the valve or did it come this way?
Old 5th January 2010, 14:21   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Yes. Thats correct. You have the new EGR valve then.

Did you change the valve or did it come this way?
Hi beejay no i have not changed anything. It came as it is in my Xylo. I don't think its a problem with the EGR clamp as the guy at A.S.S told me. The sound comes and goes intermittently when under hard acceleration. Is anybody else facing such issues?

Regards
Rocky

Last edited by rocky080 : 5th January 2010 at 14:24.
Old 5th January 2010, 14:44   #78
Senior - BHPian

I get what you mean. You mean something like a grunt when you rev and then it becomes smooth again. Right? This is common with most of the CRDes with MM. This is mostly heard on cold engines.

The grunt has considerably reduced after I changed my EGR valve.
Old 5th January 2010, 15:26   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
You mean something like a grunt when you rev and then it becomes smooth again. Right?

The grunt has considerably reduced after I changed my EGR valve.
Correct Beejay but this happens only if the vehicle is moving under hard acceleration(engine cold or run does not make a difference). If the vehicle is parked and the engine is revved there is no such issues.
Did you have the old EGR valve or the new EGR valve that you changed ?

Regards
Rocky
Old 5th January 2010, 17:18   #80
Senior - BHPian

I had the old EGR, now I have the new EGR valve.
Old 6th January 2010, 22:13   #81
BHPian

@rocky
Does this EGR valve issue creating some problems in driving or its just causing weird noises?
This shows the reliability at M&M Not even 3 months down and problems begin to crop up!

@beejay
Did you face similar kind of problem on your old EGR?
Old 7th January 2010, 00:26   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
@rocky
Does this EGR valve issue creating some problems in driving or its just causing weird noises?
This shows the reliability at M&M Not even 3 months down and problems begin to crop up!

@beejay
Did you face similar kind of problem on your old EGR?

Hey Doncarmaster it is not causing any issues with the performance of the vehicle just a light buzzing sound which is not present every time (only under hard acceleration). It sort of comes and goes intermittently mostly in 3rd and 4th gears as soon as i shift it to 5th there is absolute silence.
Old 10th January 2010, 18:38   #83
BHPian

hi rocky,

you have the new EGR valve, your problem is mostly clamping, i had the old EGR valve and the grunt was audible in 3rd and 4th gear under hard acceleration, in fact M&M has diagnosed this and the service centres have been asked to put in the new EGR valves, this is a problem with the first few batches of xylos. This does not affect performance in any way, but just gives out that Grrr,.. kind of noise

sijil
Old 12th January 2010, 15:45   #84

Hey Guys: I've been closely following all the threads related to Innova vs Xylo and finally made up my mind and went for a Java Brown E8 ABS ver. The vehicle is astounding and am glad that I made this decision. Will start a separate thread with my experiences on the car. BTW after lot of contemplation I finally decided it is best to call the Xylo an Walrus (resembles the shape) and call mine a chocalate Walrus
Old 12th January 2010, 16:36   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK Sitaram View Post
Hey Guys: I've been closely following all the threads related to Innova vs Xylo and finally made up my mind and went for a Java Brown E8 ABS ver. The vehicle is astounding and am glad that I made this decision. Will start a separate thread with my experiences on the car. BTW after lot of contemplation I finally decided it is best to call the Xylo an Walrus (resembles the shape) and call mine a chocalate Walrus
Congratulations on your new chocolate walrus kk Sitaram. hoping to see your views and experience soon.Do post some pics of your xylo and welcome to the xylo family.Have a safe and happy motoring. Take good care of your chocolate walrus and it will serve you well.

Hey maybe i can call mine the snow devil..Isn't that a cool name for the car guys?

Regards
Rocky
Old 13th January 2010, 23:40   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK Sitaram View Post
Hey KK Sitaram
Congratulations on your choco walrus .Good that you selected the Beast over the beauty!! .Didnt you have the offer for the AIRBAGS version.??
Do start a new thread with atleast 10 pics!!
All the best with your beast!!
Regards,
Anoop Verma
Old 15th January 2010, 15:52   #87

Thanks Anoop. The time I booked the vehicle (12th Dec) Air bag ver was not available. I hear now E8 is now available as ABS+Airbag ver only
Old 15th January 2010, 21:30   #88
BHPian

Hey rocky no updates from your side!!
Old 16th January 2010, 01:04   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Hey rocky no updates from your side!!
Hey guys sorry for the late reply. Had to finish all the work that i left behind when i went to goa last week. The Xylo performed beautifully. The service station guys replaced a faulty clamp in my EGR piping and their was no noise issue at all. I Kept up a speed of over 130kmph on the bangalore-pune golden quadrangular road which is simply amazing except for a 60-70 km in between which is under construction.I got a overall FE of 11.6. For me it is great as i had 8 people onboard and i was burning rubber till Belgaum(which is about 570km from bangalore) and 11.6 was great FE 130+kmph throughout. Yahooo.....hurray for the Meagle engine. This is the first time i drove it non-stop for over 400km at over 130kmph before stopping for lunch and it never did get tired once.

Last edited by rocky080 : 16th January 2010 at 01:06.
Old 18th January 2010, 21:56   #90
BHPian

Oh! rocky thats qiute a nice mileage for8 people and 130 at most of the times!!
Good that the EGR issue has been resolved
Around two months back my dad had travelled to ludhiana in an innova ... there were only three people in the car and with two luggage bags.... They got a mileage of 12!! even though they kept the vehicle below 100
Did you calculate the mileage yourself or from the DDAS??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks