Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2010, 11:24   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
hi guys this a few pics of the speed test i did on nice road in bangalore. i reached a top speed of 178KMPH on a slight slope but could not take a photo as my phone jammed before i could take a photo. The last photo i took is when it was at 161kmph which was on a flat surface. enjoy

sorry about the quality of the camera pics as it was taken at night.

regards
rocky
How stable was the car at those speeds ?
Old 14th February 2010, 11:53   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
How stable was the car at those speeds ?
@milecruncher: As i had six people onboard and the road was quite straight it was quite stable no bouncing around, a little bit of body roll was present under road undulation(but Much much better than the scorpio 2.6 crde i have driven).

regards
rocky
Old 18th February 2010, 17:41   #108
BHPian

hey don carmaster what happened to your new vehicle ? What has your dad decided ? When will you be booking the vehicle.

Regards
Rocky
Old 19th February 2010, 22:45   #109
BHPian

Hey Rocky

Sorry to keep you waiting. but the buy has been postponed for some reasons .... you will be the fist one to know when i book my beast

Also nice photos if the DDAS at the NICE road! were you seriously be able to reach 178?

Regards

Last edited by don_carmaster : 19th February 2010 at 22:47.
Old 21st February 2010, 12:34   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Hey Rocky

Sorry to keep you waiting. but the buy has been postponed for some reasons .... you will be the fist one to know when i book my beast

Also nice photos if the DDAS at the NICE road! were you seriously be able to reach 178?

Regards
Hey doncarmaster i am not lying. I really was able to achieve that speed( I don't know if it will reach that speed on a flat surface but as i said it did reach 178kmph on a slight slope) my friend who was sitting next to me did not know how to use my phone camera properly so kept pressing the click button continuously which caused it to jam. I will definitely try to take a pic next time i go on that road.

Regards
rocky
Old 21st February 2010, 12:55   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Hey doncarmaster i am not lying. I really was able to achieve that speed( I don't know if it will reach that speed on a flat surface but as i said it did reach 178kmph on a slight slope) my friend who was sitting next to me did not know how to use my phone camera properly so kept pressing the click button continuously which caused it to jam. I will definitely try to take a pic next time i go on that road.

Regards
rocky
Hey rocky ,
No offences meant.. i was just confirming that a xylo can reach at such a speed!!
And if you say it must have reached.. i trust you
Seriously no offences meant

Also at that speed was there anymore juice left?
And were you getting "i-am-still-safe" kind of feel

Regards
Sahil
Old 21st February 2010, 15:39   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Hey rocky ,
No offences meant.. i was just confirming that a xylo can reach at such a speed!!
And if you say it must have reached.. i trust you
Seriously no offences meant

Also at that speed was there anymore juice left?
And were you getting "i-am-still-safe" kind of feel

Regards
Sahil
Hey no offences taken don carmaster. I felt that i could have gone above 180kmph but i had to slow down because of traffic ahead of me.

It was quite stable you wont realise that you are driving that fast on the straights until you actually see the speedometer. But i would dare not make any sudden changes in direction above 160kmph. It was till 160kmph that i was vey comfortable but after that it gets a little scary on cornering.

Regards
rocky
Old 24th February 2010, 11:58   #113
BHPian

Second service

So guys after a lot of delay and almost 500km over the scheduled service interval i Got my vehicle serviced on 21st feb.

When i went into the service station on that day i asked the service adviser what would be done on the second service ? he told that the gear box oil and the transmission oil will be the only fluids that would be changed. I asked when would the engine oil be changed again and he said at intervals of 15000km(20000km on my xylo as changed in 1st service).

I was a little sceptical about the engine oil as it had turned black in colour so asked him to change it anyway but he insisted it was not necessary.

So i stood next to my vehicle and watched them service my vehicle. The mechanic checked my brakes front and back, cleaned the pads and put it back together in about 15mins. I had asked them to rotate my tires and this was done.Later when he was changing the gear box oil the vehicle was raised and he drained the old oil and then used a grease pump like thing that you see on highways that grease trucks to pump in the new oil. Then he drained the differential oil and without even cleaning the pump thing he poured the new oil and started to fill the differential. I asked him wont it have any effect if the 2 oils mix. So he showed me that both the oils have the same rating 80W-90.

My question is if they both have same rating why sell them in different cans ? Will this mixture have any effect on the performance of my gearbox and differential?

Another thing happened after all the servicing was done they took it for washing and when it came back they were ready to deliver my vehicle to me. I took the service adviser along with me for trial. That's when i realised that the oil pressure indicator was on. So i showed it to the adviser and went back to the service station and they checked the engine oil level it was fine so came to the conclusion that the oil pressure sensor had gone bad.

They changed it under warranty and they lowered my vehicle from the jack and started it. The oil pressure indicator light went out and it seemed problem was fixed for 10mins then again the light came on so they raised my vehicle again and that's when we saw much of the engine oil had leaked out from the oil pressure sensor(mechanic had not put the washer on the sensor properly). So they had to put in 3ltr of fresh engine oil free of cost to top up the engine oil. So that's almost half the engine oil capacity of my vehicle changed free of cost. In the beginning of service i told them to change the engine oil for which i was ready to pay. but now they had to change the engine oil for free and they had to wash my vehicle twice.

By the way it cost me about rs 633 for the regular service and i also got a engine motor treatment done which cost an additional rs900 so that rats wont come near the engine due to the smell or rather that's the service adviser told me.

Attaching a few pics of the changed oil cans and bill

Regards
rocky
Attached Thumbnails
My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc03520.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc03521.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-dsc03524.jpg  

Old 24th February 2010, 18:52   #114
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
By the way it cost me about rs 633 for the regular service and i also got a engine motor treatment done which cost an additional rs900 so that rats wont come near the engine due to the smell or rather that's the service adviser told me.
That engine motor treatmentis only 600 and the 300 is tagged as consumables!

That is how they make you pay more without charging you for labour for free seervices!

By the way, what is the normal frequency of engine oil change and 15000kms appears to be a very early interval for gearbox / differential oil change? Is it mentioned in the service list?

In diesels, engine oil changes colour quite fast!
Old 24th February 2010, 19:40   #115
Senior - BHPian

What is the service interval for the Xylo ?

The Scorpio has an interval of 4 months/ 5000 km , whichever happens first.

Is it the same for the Xylo ?
Old 24th February 2010, 21:38   #116
BHPian

@trrk: The normal frequency for change of engine oil is at 15000km.About the differential and gearbox oil the first time is at 10000km then after every 35000km.

@Sdp1975: The service interval is the same as the scorpio 4months/5000km which ever is earlier.

Regards
Rocky
Old 9th March 2010, 10:11   #117
BHPian

Hey guys just found this photo on the net.. DO comment!!
Old 9th March 2010, 14:06   #118
Senior - BHPian

Hi Rocky,

Quote:
@trrk: The normal frequency for change of engine oil is at 15000km.
So does that mean that you have two visits to the service centre in between oil changes?
Old 10th March 2010, 16:03   #119
BHPian

Made it look a little better.

Hi Guys,

I had sold my Scorpio in July & since then not only me but my whole family was missing an SUV. I was just hoping that there might be some new 7-8 seater coming to India. But after waiting for 7 months finally decided to check between what was available i.e. Scorpio, Innova (frankly Xylo was not even considered).

So I booked a Test Drive of the Scorpio & went to a Mahindra Showroom (Thank God, I didn't ask them to send the vehicle). While the Sales in charge was completing the formalities, I was checking the Scorpio, well quite a few additions to the one that I had. And after that I casually checked out the Xylo (just to kill my time). And the moment I sat inside I started comparing the features between the Xylo & the Scorpio. And to be fair, Xylo beats Scorpio fair and square in the features department. However, I still could not accept the look of the Xylo & took a Test Drive of the Scorpio MHawk, Manual as well as Automatic. The engine was brilliant and the vehicle felt good. Once I was done with the Scorpio, out of sheer inquisitiveness asked the Sales guy to arrange for a Xylo for a Test Drive. First thing first, once you CLIMB into the vehicle it is very clear that you are in a SUV and not a MUV. The ride height of the Scorpio & Xylo is almost identical. Once I got settled, I cranked the engine and I couldn't believe the thrust with which this beast moved. It was absolutely quick of the block. It was afternoon time and A/c was quite good. Once I got back the vehicle, I was more confused, as now I had to decide between 3 vehicles. Anyways, to make things easy, I chopped of the Innova, which though has a brilliant build quality and feel, feels really expensive when compared to Xylo.

So now it was between Scorpio & Xylo. I was finding it very hard to get over the looks of the vehicle & the quality/finish of the plastic used inside the vehicle. More than me, it was my son (11 years old) who was finding it hard to understand as to why his dad was even thinking Xylo when there was a good looking Scorpio available. However, the features & the price of the Xylo were making me more and more attracted towards it. So finally, I decided to let myself loose on the Xylo pictures on Photoshop to see if I could do something better. I made quite a few modifications and once I was satisfied, showed these to my son. I could see the change in his thought process but he was not sure if by doing these minor changes the vehicle would look as good as in the picture. Anyways, now I was pretty confident that Xylo was the one that I wanted and went ahead and booked the E8 (ABS) Diamond White. With the changes that I had made it would have to be a light coloured vehicle. They don't offer Silver colour in E8(ABS), so it was Diamond White.
Apart from the changes on the exterior side, I got Leather Seats (Autofoam) & changed all the 4 speakers to JBL which makes the system much better.

I have just driven 500 Kms, so cannot give a more detailed account of the vehicle, but would surely like to post the pictures. Will be highly obliged if someone could suggest me as to how can I change the inner door handles, the original really look horrible.
Attached Thumbnails
My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-pic-1.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-pic-2.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-pic-3.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-pic-4.jpg  

Old 10th March 2010, 16:26   #120
Senior - BHPian

@Bimal, where are the other pics which you did using photoshop. Fomr that even we can also see how the modifications would look like.
@Rocky, so ready for the Nagarahole trip. You will be taking your beast right??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks