Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 16:30   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
@Bimal, where are the other pics which you did using photoshop. Fomr that even we can also see how the modifications would look like.
@Rocky, so ready for the Nagarahole trip. You will be taking your beast right??
Oops, I actually deleted the other options, frankly played with the areas to be painted & the final thing that I did, looked the best. And when I say best, this was with voting done in our family of 8.
Old 10th March 2010, 16:51   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimal8 View Post
Oops, I actually deleted the other options, frankly played with the areas to be painted & the final thing that I did, looked the best. And when I say best, this was with voting done in our family of 8.
But then repost the same thing here also.
@Rocky, sorry for taking your thread to other corners.
Old 10th March 2010, 18:14   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
But then repost the same thing here also.
@Rocky, sorry for taking your thread to other corners.
I am sorry wouldn't be able to reproduce all the options but here are 3 options on the existing pictures which were also considered : Black out the D Pillar, Change of the black colour section on the rear door/bumper & change of black colour area around fog lights.
Attached Thumbnails
My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-pic-11.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-pic-22.jpg  

My Experience With the Xylo E8 ABS-pic-33.jpg  

Old 10th March 2010, 20:14   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sorry wouldn't be able to reproduce all the options but here are 3 options on the existing pictures which were also considered : Black out the D Pillar, Change of the black colour section on the rear door/bumper & change of black colour area around fog lights.
Hi bimal, nice idea to try out the photoshop! The black color on the lower part of the rear door would look good IMO, provided the bumper is fully painted black. In your picture, only the rear door lower part is blackened, not the complete bumper, so the expected looks are not becoming clear. And maybe the black should continue around the side body lower part as well! Would be interesting to see the results. Instead of black, could steel grey or metallic/silver be another option?

Last edited by mooza : 10th March 2010 at 20:17.
Old 10th March 2010, 20:19   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Hi bimal, nice idea to try out the photoshop! The black color on the lower part of the rear door would look good IMO, provided the bumper is fully painted black. In your picture, only the rear door lower part is blackened, not the complete bumper, so the expected looks are not becoming clear. And maybe the black should continue around the side body lower part as well! Would be interesting to see the results. Instead of black, could steel grey or metallic/silver be another option?
Hi mooza. Well, the idea was not just the rear part, but the overall look of the vehicle from any angle. If even the bumper is painted black, then it would look odd from the side profile. The bumpers' top line coincides with the wheel arches, so in that case would have to do too much of black colour. And even if viewed from side, I only felt that the bottom portion of the rear bumper was looking a bit heavy, hence I just got the lower portion of the rear bumper painted black (matt) & the panel below the rear glass to break down the heaviness.
Old 11th March 2010, 01:10   #126
BHPian

Found this image on the internet..!!
Looks really good!!
Old 11th March 2010, 06:40   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post

Found this image on the internet..!!
Looks really good!!
This really looks cool. Where did u get it from ? Looks like a real thing to me.
Old 11th March 2010, 08:50   #128
Senior - BHPian

@don carmaster : This could be called the Mahindra Limo !!

@bimal8 : Yes, got your point. And I also strongly feel that the paint modded or cladded Xylo would definitely look better than what's being offered from the showroom, with the choice of paint mod depending on the basic color of the model.

BTW, as Shishir was hinting, I think we are going OT here. This topic would find a good response on modifications threads!

Last edited by mooza : 11th March 2010 at 08:58.
Old 11th March 2010, 10:09   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
@don carmaster : This could be called the Mahindra Limo !!

@bimal8 : Yes, got your point. And I also strongly feel that the paint modded or cladded Xylo would definitely look better than what's being offered from the showroom, with the choice of paint mod depending on the basic color of the model.

BTW, as Shishir was hinting, I think we are going OT here. This topic would find a good response on modifications threads!
I am new to Team Bhp & am not sure how can I take this to modification thread, maybe you could help me mooza.
Old 11th March 2010, 10:37   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am new to Team Bhp & am not sure how can I take this to modification thread, maybe you could help me mooza.
Well Bimal, if you see the team bhp search results, there are not many threads on Xylo mods. So this is a nice opportunity for you to create a thread of your own!

Just click on FORUM - Modifications & Accessories - New Topic button, give a suitable title, and you will be on your way

Edit: Forgot this, but please check the Announcements & rules section thoroughly too, before posting new threads. All the best!

Last edited by mooza : 11th March 2010 at 10:46.
Old 11th March 2010, 12:07   #131
BHPian

It is a real one.. it was there at a marriage in punjab you can even have a look at a video on youtube..actually i dont know how to post a video here if someone could help!! i will post that here
Old 13th March 2010, 22:00   #132
BHPian

Recently i had a TD of the Xylo and also got the oppurtunity to have a sneak peek at the Celebration edition
I can bet any innova lover would love the celebration edition interiors too!!. it comprised of genuine Italian leather all over the car and the fragrance was perfect!
When i went to the TD vehicle (E8 Java brown, already 37000 on the odo) i asked the sales guy about such a figure for the TD vehicle to which he said that their seniors take the TD vehicle home at night and rome around wherever they want in the day
At the time of TD the engine was making a Grr. kind of sound which i helped him identify as the faulty EGR valve(Thanks TB mates!) which has now been replaced over all the xylo's...I took the beast over a stroll and on the way i got to know it was an year old.. for that age and the condition in which it was used(TD vehicle and that also in Ghazipur area)it was quite good
Aprt from a broken button of the arm rest and the missin left ORVM the vehicle was in perfect working order..!!Good to see this kind of performance after one year!!

@ rocky ...where have you been no updates on your xylo??
Old 13th March 2010, 22:08   #133
BHPian

This is really funny, as even when I test drove Xylo (with 2 different dealers in Mumbai), there was something wrong with the vehicle. One dealer's sales guy said that the vehicle had met with a major accident and hence it was not perfect, whereas the second one said that since they were so busy with the test drives they actually didnt get time to service the vehicle. Can u imagine, the test drive should be a major decision maker for majority of buyers and the dealers just dont care to keep it in proper shape. With my experience of owning a Scorpio I was sure that the vehicle from Mahindra would be good but I am sure someone who doesn't have any experience with Mahindra would surely have second thoughts.
Old 13th March 2010, 22:40   #134
BHPian

HEy bimal any luck on the exterior of the xylo limo??
Old 13th March 2010, 23:28   #135
BHPian

sorry for the late reply guys i was out of town to my native for a while now. Just got back now.The only update i have on my xylo is the ECU software that was changed which has made the vehicle more smoother(with respect to NVH level)but somehow i feel that the pick has dropped after the software change. It maybe just in my head as i have been driving around a lot in my uncle's fiesta lately which is a pocket rocket.

@shishir yup i am getting my beast to the nagarhole meet.

@bimal nice to see your beast new beast. It looks really good with the modifications but about blackening the d pillar i would leave it as it is. But looks are subjective to individual preferences so no comment on that.But nice looking spoiler you have got there.

Guys the only place the scorpio beats the xylo is in terms of the m-hawk engine which is very refined. other than that the scorpio has a bit more body role(my feeling when i drove a friends m-hawk scorpio recently, no offense to scorpio owners) and it has less legroom in every row.

@doncarmaster thanks for reminding me to look up the thread.

Last edited by rocky080 : 13th March 2010 at 23:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks