Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 06:37   #16
BHPian

Tata Safari - Pulling towards left while braking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE Godfather View Post
Its while only braking. We tested today on different roads, planes, speeds, car pulled only to left side.
Could be you RHS brakes not functioning properly. ( less braking ).

Are the tyre pressures same on all wheels? I know you might have checked all these things. But still asking.
Old 15th October 2009, 07:29   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Check tsk1979 's thread on his white elephant and problems. He was facing issue of car turning sideways on hard braking. More like what you are describing. He is from Noida may be good idea to PM him?

Load Sensing Pressure Valve - LSPV - is fited on rear brake circuit and automatically adjusts the front to rear brake bias based on empty or loaded vehicle at back.
Old 15th October 2009, 11:51   #18
BHPian

I had sent him a PM he said his issues were different.

Last edited by ThE Godfather : 15th October 2009 at 12:05.
Old 15th October 2009, 12:05   #19
Team-BHP Support

Clean and lubricate all the brakes drums/calipers, see if the caliper pins are in good condition, if there is any scarring or excessive play, replace them. Do a complete bleeding of circuit, check all the wheel cylinders (do a visual inspection as well as manual loading using pedals) and master cylinder, seems like you have a weak right side circuit OR slightly jammed LT side. LSVP is less probability since that will lead to fish tailing more than a pull.
Old 15th October 2009, 12:07   #20
Team-BHP Support

My problem was different.
On hitting brakes, there was no pulling however if you increased brake pressure, rear would lock up, and then it would be like handbrake turn.
In this case its the caliper on the front which is the culprit

Note from Mod: Closing thread as the problem has been often discussed before.

Last edited by GTO : 15th October 2009 at 23:09. Reason: Adding thread closing note
Old 8th December 2009, 00:33   #21
BHPian

Got a March Manufactured Safari in October

I just got to know that my Tata Safari is March 2009 manufactured car, as its today only when I got the invoice. I was busy for the sometime so could not collect the invoice from the dealer. I did not know anything about VIN before. I dont know, but there is something which should be susceptible that why this car remained so long with the company or dealer?

I got car on 7th OCtober and have done ~1300KMS on it.
Old 8th December 2009, 00:43   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just got to know that my Tata Safari is March 2009 manufactured car, as its today only when I got the invoice. I was busy for the sometime so could not collect the invoice from the dealer. I did not know anything about VIN before. I dont know, but there is something which should be susceptible that why this car remained so long with the company or dealer?

I got car on 7th OCtober and have done ~1300KMS on it.
March manufacture date is not as much as problem as 1300 KM is

Is this real ? Why did you accept a vehicle with 1300 KM on ODO even if you do not know about VIN ?

Why don't you first post the pictures of the vehicle and also the Copy of invoice with VIN number and picture of Odometer + VIN on chasis to provide sufficient proof on this thread ?

Any way the delivery note contains a column of KM reading and you should immediately write to TML on the unusual odometer reading and raise alarm.
Safaris are delivered to dealer yard in Truck and have at the most double digit Odometer reading.

Last edited by amitk26 : 8th December 2009 at 00:46.
Old 8th December 2009, 00:45   #23
BHPian

NO NO NO!! I'm sorry I mean I did 1300km on it so far. I dont remember Odo reading When I got it from dealer. Sorry my bad. But it was surely a two digit one
Old 8th December 2009, 00:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
NO NO NO!! I'm sorry I mean I did 1300km on it so far. I dont remember Odo reading When I got it from dealer. Sorry my bad. But it was surely a two digit one
OK In that case nothing to fret about , Just that your dealer could not move stock fast enough , If you want create some hype and hoopla to dealer and try if he can offer some freebie but now you own the vehicle and there is no need to be hyper until you face some problem.
Old 8th December 2009, 00:49   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
March manufacture date is not as much as problem as 1300 KM is

Is this real ? Why did you accept a vehicle with 1300 KM on ODO even if you do not know about VIN ?
Amitk - I think he means that he has used the vehicle for 1300 Kms post delivery not the odo AT the time of delivery.

Godfather - Can you clarify? I'm sure that vehicles are delivered within 90 Days maximum from the assembly line and not more then that. Please check with the dealer and TML as well on the issue.
Old 8th December 2009, 00:54   #26
BHPian

I dont know what the problem is. But if I remember correctly, this was the same vehicle in which I had given a test drive by the dealer, one month before in sept. It had some steering alignment issue. I remember that coz when I was having the test drive it used to move to the left when steering was into its centre position, or what it is called. I asked the sales person that I need some other car, other than the car in which I had given a test drive. Later on, when I was getting the vehicle, I asked them for a test drive of the same vehicle, but they refused saying that we cant because its a booked car. I laughed a told them that its me who booked this car, but they said "I am sorry sir we cant, even if its booked by you." But he assured me that there were two cars in black and this is other one. But it wasnt, which I realsed some days after when I took the car for a highway drive. But I thought it fine with me. But Now I am worried coz its manufactured in March.

Is there any trick to check the actualy odo reading, from ECU or something? Coz when I got the car, its speedo wasnt working, they hooked up some sockets under body, just below driver's seat only then the speedo started working.

Last edited by ThE Godfather : 8th December 2009 at 00:57.
Old 8th December 2009, 00:55   #27
Senior - BHPian

Forget about it and enjoy the car. Since its running fine after 1300 km, you don't have a serious problem. You can put a word across to Tata and the dealer regarding this and tell them you are not at all happy.

EDIT: They appeared to have fixed the steering issue, haven't they? Besides, are you sure that its the same car?

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 8th December 2009 at 00:58.
Old 8th December 2009, 00:57   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
OK In that case nothing to fret about , Just that your dealer could not move stock fast enough , If you want create some hype and hoopla to dealer and try if he can offer some freebie but now you own the vehicle and there is no need to be hyper until you face some problem.
First you say not to fret about it,

Then you suggest it is ok to create hype and hoopla for freebies. Why encourage such activities - it looks cheap, and is an indication of bad morals and citizenship. I wouldnt recommend.

However, if there is something wrong, go talk to the dealer and clarify.
Old 8th December 2009, 01:00   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Forget about it and enjoy the car. Since its running fine after 1300 km, you don't have a serious problem. You can put a word across to Tata and the dealer regarding this and tell them you are not at all happy.

EDIT: They appeared to have fixed the steering issue, haven't they? Besides, are you sure that its the same car?
They did'nt. I got it fixed from a tyre dealer. Thats why I am sure that is the same car.
Old 8th December 2009, 01:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

Once the vehicle is registered there is little you can do.

If there is nothing broken, what are you trying to fix?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks