Old 8th December 2009, 01:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
First you say not to fret about it,
NOt to fret and enjoy the car if there is no problem is a sane advice IMHO

Quote:
Then you suggest it is ok to create hype and hoopla for freebies. Why encourage such activities - it looks cheap, and is an indication of bad morals and citizenship. I wouldnt recommend.
User payed for a new car and he has full rights to enjoy a brand new. There may be some perceptible disadvantages such as depreciation for 7 months or pure psychological dissatisfaction of dealer not being clear upfront and being cheated so he has full rights to create hype and hoopla and get compensated from dealer.
What is wrong here ? Dealer sold him 7 month old vehicle and if he is dissatisfied he can ask for compensation in form of freebies.

So on the contrary I would advice evry customer to do the same for any product he/she purchases

Quote:
However, if there is something wrong, go talk to the dealer and clarify.
If something goes wrong dealer has nothing to do Tata moters will take care of warrenty for 4 years so dealer has nothing to loose in this deal.
Old 8th December 2009, 01:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE Godfather View Post
They did'nt. I got it fixed from a tyre dealer. Thats why I am sure that is the same car.
Hmm you should have gone to TASS for the issue. If it happens again, don't take the car anywhere else. As for exactly what to do and say to the dealer, I'm not too sure. Let someone who's experienced in this kind of thing post here.
Old 8th December 2009, 01:11   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Once the vehicle is registered there is little you can do.

If there is nothing broken, what are you trying to fix?
I'm not trying to fix anything. I just want to make sure that this car has not been used for test drives by various dealers. Because we have only one dealer in our city. So if this car came to them in march, april or may or another following month, its not possible for this car to stay at Dealer's yard for that long. All I wanted to know the actual car ODO reading. Which is my concern.

@Souljah, what do you mean by car registered? With RTO?, it still holds a temporary no, if thats what you mean.

@Mclaren, I know, but they were unable to rectify the issue of car pulling to the left side while braking. The reason we got it checked from outside and they did the steering correction.

Last edited by ThE Godfather : 8th December 2009 at 01:13.
Old 8th December 2009, 01:33   #34
BANNED

There were several good deals on unsold 2008 model year cars (built in 2007) in 2009. In fact toyota had to lease additional space in the desert because there was no space in the port or near cities. But, nothing says cars that are stored for few months to a year would have gone kaput. Don't worry about it .
Old 8th December 2009, 10:00   #35
BHPian

So isnt there anything I can do to check the ACTUAL odo reading by any means?
Old 8th December 2009, 10:55   #36
Team-BHP Support

There is no problem with a March manufactured car if its been lying unused. However, if it was used for TDs then its a problem. there is no easy way to find this out, but nowadays most dealers get TD cars(with stickers), so you should be okay.
Did you buy from Dada motors?
If so, its easy to get an older car as they maintain a huge inventory.
Sometimes rare colors like red etc., also keep lying in factory stockyard in pune till somebody books them.
Old 8th December 2009, 11:01   #37
BHPian

How about the warranty part of the vehicle. does your date start from March or October. Confirm with the dealer.
Old 8th December 2009, 11:04   #38
Team-BHP Support

Warranty starts from the date of delivery. Nothing to do with manufacturing date.
Extended warranty starts the moment normal warranty of 2 years ends
Old 8th December 2009, 11:06   #39
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

godfather, It's a bit too late in the day now, after having driven the car for 1300 kms and having had it registered plus having signed the PDI - pre delivery Inspection certificate.

The dealer may not have been able to sell the safari due to colour etc for a long while, it may have been used for a few test drives but that should not affect the vehicle too much. Yep if you had seen this before registration you could have asked for a different vehicle, but now it is too late.
Old 8th December 2009, 14:15   #40
Senior - BHPian

Check the condition of tyre and engine oil, but being a diesel engine oil will not help much. Also get the engine oil changed because it must have done the running in period before you got it, if it was used as TD car.

If you want to get something done about it, then write a letter to tata motors with all the details and call them also. maybe you will get some more freebies but i doubt now they will replace the vehicle.
Old 8th December 2009, 14:32   #41
Senior - BHPian

Beats me how a dealer would have a Safari lying around unsold for six months! That said, its a closed chapter (as in, you can't change anything) now so I would suggest you don't lose further sleep over it
Old 8th December 2009, 14:34   #42
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

sad that dealers take advantage of the unsuspecting public like this.
even buying a car/ vehicle from a reputed manufacturer is no guarantee that the dealer wont cheat you I guess.
nowhere is the old saying caveat emptor more evident than in cases like this!
my sympathies - but as Suman has said there isnt much really that you can do about it now as a fait accompli situation so best not to fret too much.
Old 8th December 2009, 14:37   #43
BHPian

I agree. Please don't lose sleep over it at least now. Your time will come for the same (I sincerely hope not but since it is TATA, there'll be some or the other niggling issues). Drive safe!
Old 9th January 2010, 18:41   #44
BHPian

Need Help with the problems I am facing - TATA SAfari

Friends,

I am suffering from certain problems with my newly bought Safari.

First of all, Dealer sold me a car which is March 2009 Manufactured, its sold to me on 7th OCtober.

secondly, I am facing problem of clutch thak thak sound from the very first day.

This thak sound follows with a jerk.

Coolant/water starts leaking when car is driven for longer times (3 to 4 hours continously). The radiator ran out of water and car heats up a lot and I have to make a halt to fill the water again.

The thak sound was diagnosed as a play in clutch and dealer replaced CLutch plates under warranty on 7th, for this work, car was at dealership for two days. This sound started coming again.

I talked to Mr Anirudh Lamba, Customer Support Manager of Punjab Belt. He is continously assuring me to rectify the fault.

But I need your suggestions, n case car could not be rectified with the said thak problem and jerk, what other alternative I have?
Old 9th January 2010, 19:03   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE Godfather View Post
Friends,

I am suffering from certain problems with my newly bought Safari.

First of all, Dealer sold me a car which is March 2009 Manufactured, its sold to me on 7th OCtober.

secondly, I am facing problem of clutch thak thak sound from the very first day.

This thak sound follows with a jerk.

Coolant/water starts leaking when car is driven for longer times (3 to 4 hours continously). The radiator ran out of water and car heats up a lot and I have to make a halt to fill the water again.

The thak sound was diagnosed as a play in clutch and dealer replaced CLutch plates under warranty on 7th, for this work, car was at dealership for two days. This sound started coming again.

I talked to Mr Anirudh Lamba, Customer Support Manager of Punjab Belt. He is continously assuring me to rectify the fault.

But I need your suggestions, n case car could not be rectified with the said thak problem and jerk, what other alternative I have?
Dont get paranoid, if you are already working with TATA CS, let them take their time and resolve to your satisfaction. They have to resolve it, as its under warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks