Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2010, 19:25   #46
Senior - BHPian

hi buddy, these problems are very minor to what many safari owners on this forum have faced.

there are many safari owners in this forum who can give you top tips & contacts (if you need). i hope you get your car rectified to your satisfaction.
Old 9th January 2010, 22:41   #47
BHPian

thak is the pressure plate problem and the clutch release bearing weakning.as for the coolant problem chek the radiator ,fan ,ac fan and the coolant pipes for leakage .
as a safari owner my advice sell and go for the scorpio .i sold mine .
Old 9th January 2010, 22:50   #48
BHPian

haha.. not a good advice actually.. Its my dream car n I wont sell it even if I buy some other car. The problem is the jerk not the sound.

People while sitting in the car thinks i dont know how to drive n they start giving me suggestions, just because of that "jerk"
Old 9th January 2010, 22:50   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrakamat View Post
as a safari owner my advice sell and go for the scorpio .i sold mine .
Mate suggestion or not I think you just set the cat among the pigeons with that statement. lolz
Old 9th January 2010, 23:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

This case is a good example of TATA product's quality. They have been producing Safari for the past 12 years and still they couldnt make it a quality product. Even a brand new Safari causes headache to its owner!!
Old 10th January 2010, 00:08   #51
Senior - BHPian

Initial niggles are quite common with the Safari. Touchwood, I've not faced any issues with my 3.0 in almost three years. From what I've observed, most tiny noises come and go. Is the clutch feeling hard as well? Get the clutch fluid bled and refilled and oil the pedal mounts. It doesn't sound like a very serious problem.

@Anand123: Mind you, the Safari 3.0 towards the end of its production cycle was quite sorted. I didn't buy the 2.2 on purpose knowing Tata will take a while to sort the niggles and going by the complaints, it looks like it was a wise decision. But yes to a new vehicle owner, it can be highly frustrating to have spent so much money and then be forced to visit workshops all the time for repairs.

Drifter

Last edited by drifter : 10th January 2010 at 00:12.
Old 10th January 2010, 00:51   #52
Senior - BHPian

I didnt intend to make any Safari owners unhappy. My apologies if I did so.
Old 10th January 2010, 01:39   #53
Senior - BHPian

Hey no need to apologise. It is the truth in the end. Lemon ratio for Tata is amongst the highest in the industry. Seeing the troubles, it would seem Tata quality control department is taking a nap while on duty or isn't bein paid enough. And the problems generally get worse when the technicians have little clue about the cars. My advice to the godfather is take it to a TML workshop to get the work done. I've been doing that and have very little to complain.

Drifter
Old 10th January 2010, 08:29   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@The_Godfather:

Tata vehicles typically go through initial problems due to poor Quality Control at the factory and with Tata Vendors, but the Tata generally replaces out most of the faulty parts under warranty.

As Dadu pointed out just get Tata Customer Care involved and be persistent to get your problems sorted out. Now that you have bought a brand new vehicle, no point thinking about other options, just stay the course get the problems rectified under warranty and *reclaim your life* :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
Initial niggles are quite common with the Safari. Touchwood, I've not faced any issues with my 3.0 in almost three years. From what I've observed, most tiny noises come and go. Is the clutch feeling hard as well? Get the clutch fluid bled and refilled and oil the pedal mounts. It doesn't sound like a very serious problem.

@Anand123: Mind you, the Safari 3.0 towards the end of its production cycle was quite sorted. I didn't buy the 2.2 on purpose knowing Tata will take a while to sort the niggles and going by the complaints, it looks like it was a wise decision. But yes to a new vehicle owner, it can be highly frustrating to have spent so much money and then be forced to visit workshops all the time for repairs.

Drifter
@Drifter:

Very valid point. The final 3.0 Dicor had a bunch of improvements over the earlier models. With Tata it is always better to stay away from the first few model years and extended warranty is a must. As much as I like the new Tata Aria, I won't even consider it for a couple of years until Tata have had time to do their test on the first bunch of customers who buy their vehicles.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 10th January 2010 at 08:34.
Old 10th January 2010, 10:54   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
Lemon ratio for Tata is amongst the highest in the industry.
Lemon Ratio - that is a nice performance indicator
Old 10th January 2010, 21:08   #56
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ The Godfather : 4 of your Tata Safari threads have been merged into one. Please maintain a single thread to discuss your Safari issues, instead of creating a separate one for each issue of yours. Two of the threads were really small issues and didn't really warrant a new thread.
Old 17th January 2010, 18:20   #57
Senior - BHPian

So whats the update to your "thak" noise problem since you got the CS involved, there are many waiting for a solution.
Old 16th February 2010, 12:27   #58
BHPian

Friends, there were a thak sound on clutch release and jerky gear shifts. Which now have bee resolved by changing the complete gear box of the car under warranty. After GB Change, I've done around 3k kms and no problems so far.
Old 16th February 2010, 18:16   #59
BHPian

Wow! They changed the whole of your gearbox. Nice. You must be happier now!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks