Team-BHP - Mitsubishi Pajero(Montero in India),6 months review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Mitsubishi Pajero(Montero in India),6 months review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/71135-mitsubishi-pajero-montero-india-6-months-review.html)

Whole world knows Pajero for the past 25 years and it has four generations, while second generation model still remains in production in India and sold as Pajero, whereas the latest generation is sold there as Montero.

Here is the six months review about fourth generation Pajero(Montero).

It was purchased recently at Muscat and covered 9700 kms waiting for 3rd service(1st at 1k and 2nd at 5k).

First i planned to buy a big size car within this price tag(Accord/camry/Altima), but i always had been a fan of SUVs and when i came to know about Pajero, instantly wihtout any second thought i made up mind and bought it. Iam quite comfortable for the decision i made.

Pajero strong 3.8 litre V6 engine with automatic 5 speed gear box, changeable to sports mode. I have never been let down with pajero, be it at on road or off road. I had touched the speed of 205 km/hour only once and wished to go more but then the overspeeding fine was a problem here.

I have taken twice for off roading, it was a nice experience and ll post it seperately in a different thread.

So far, it has never given any problem and always inspired a lot of confidence while off roading.

The best part is that even though the size is actually bigger, it feels very much smaller from the drivers seat and it provides clear visibility.

It has everything fitted from the factory.

4 spoke steering wheel with cruise control and audio control
Power windows
Power seats
6cd Mp3 player with 12 speakers designed by rockford acoustics
Fully automatic front A/c with three vents(Front, middle and rear)
Dual front and side airbags
Front and reverse parking sensors
Fog lamps...

This SUV is incredibly well made with lots and lots of clever features like EBAC - Engine brake assist control, ASTC - Active stability traction control, INVECS gear box - Innovative vehicle control system, Computer assisted information display - Fuel economy. Fuel range, Elevation, Temperature, compass, Average speed, Barometre...

Pros: Good style, Great off road capability, fully loaded factory fittings
Cons: Nothing worth mentioning

I dont think there is another better SUV available here at this price.

Pictures are below...
Mitsubishi Pajero(Montero in India),6 months review-front.jpg

Mitsubishi Pajero(Montero in India),6 months review-side-view.jpg

Mitsubishi Pajero(Montero in India),6 months review-side-2.jpg

Mitsubishi Pajero(Montero in India),6 months review-back-view.jpg

Mitsubishi Pajero(Montero in India),6 months review-dash-board.jpg

Mitsubishi Pajero(Montero in India),6 months review-gear-box.jpg

Mitsubishi Pajero(Montero in India),6 months review-second-door-open.jpg

Mitsubishi Pajero(Montero in India),6 months review-front-door-open.jpg

Mitsubishi Pajero(Montero in India),6 months review-boot.jpg

Mitsubishi Pajero(Montero in India),6 months review-front-view-1.jpg

Great SUV! Looks really amazing in black.
Does the Mercedes-like Mitsu logo on the bonnet come by default?
Are the 3rd row seats collasped in to the cargo floor? I can see the handles, probably to pull them up in to place.

Very nice and capable SUV. At the prices it must be available in Oman, it must be really good value for money.

@eugune, Your ride rocks man. The front look of the vehicle is awesome.

@Guna, I think the there is no third row seating that is collapsed. The perforations that you see is for the third row seat to lock in place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guna (Post 1623091)
Great SUV! Looks really amazing in black.
Does the Mercedes-like Mitsu logo on the bonnet come by default?
Are the 3rd row seats collasped in to the cargo floor? I can see the handles, probably to pull them up in to place.

Thanks for your feedback..

Its an original mitsu logo comes with vehicle...and third row seats are under the cargo...

pics are below..

Mitsubishi Pajero(Montero in India),6 months review-logo.jpg

Mitsubishi Pajero(Montero in India),6 months review-third-row-seats.jpg

Wow lovely pics of your ride. Looks great in black. Congratulations!

Nice one Karthik. The pajero looks beastly in black - i love it :)

Ahhhh. THE MONTERO... Drove it recently and loved it. It felt as if I am the king of the road. All other cars look tiny in front of this incredible machine. The best it looks is in Black and thats what you own.

Just one thing, the car doesnt seem to have leather seats, in India it does come with leather, but ofcourse with a huge price tag of Rs.44.5lac. Also, the OVRMs look better in Black. Rest it looks amazing

All the best. wish you miles of happiness and Drive Safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 (Post 1623466)
Ahhhh. THE MONTERO... Drove it recently and loved it. It felt as if I am the king of the road. All other cars look tiny in front of this incredible machine. The best it looks is in Black and thats what you own.

Just one thing, the car doesnt seem to have leather seats, in India it does come with leather, but ofcourse with a huge price tag of Rs.44.5lac. Also, the OVRMs look better in Black. Rest it looks amazing

All the best. wish you miles of happiness and Drive Safe.

Thanks gaurav...

There is another variant comes with leather seats, DVD and sun roof..

wow amazing piece machine, looks stunning in black. Love the 4*4 lever.
I personally feel the Mitsu logo is out of place. Is it placed too far from the front part?
Do you have any off-road pics?

Wonderfull vehicle, alas the Accord/ Camry are priced less than half the Montero/ Pajero making it loose the value proposition for the price in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 1628938)
Wonderfull vehicle, alas the Accord/ Camry are priced less than half the Montero/ Pajero making it loose the value proposition for the price in India.

Thanks dude, here its only marginal difference between accord and Pajero...accord comes around 9500 OMR whereas pajero at 12500 OMR (1 OMR = 120 INR)..

Quote:

Originally Posted by eugene (Post 1633195)
Thanks dude, here its only marginal difference between accord and Pajero...accord comes around 9500 OMR whereas pajero at 12500 OMR (1 OMR = 120 INR)..

Thats an awesome price for an awesome vehicle. Btw yours is a petrol or diesel and what are the BHP & Torque figures?

Quote:

Originally Posted by eugene (Post 1633195)

Out here the difference in pricing between Locally manufactured vehicle and the CBU units and CKD units increase with the cost of the car, so the LC - Land Cruiser lands OTR for a cool Rs. 1 Cr.