Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2012, 19:04   #61
BHPian

Re: Indica Vista Quadrajet : An Ownership Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Sushant,

Greetings.

With rising Petrol Prices, I am planning to buy Diesel Car. Due to limited budget, I am planning to go for a Used Car.

What is your opinion? Will 2009 Indica Vista which has done approx 40,000 be a good buy? My monthly running will be approx 1000 KMS.

Thanks,
It depends on the car condition. As far as my Indica Vista is concerned I have completed 78000 kms in it and it is still running beautifully. If the condition is good and history of car is free from niggles then you can consider it definitely. What is the offer by the way?
sushantr5 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2013, 12:47   #62
BHPian

Car came back from servicing from newly opened Concorde Motors service center in Pune. Car's odo has 89,500 kms reading on it.

Regarding Concorde:
1) Experience is really delightful. Service Adviser is well informed and knows about cars really in depth.
2) Service center has separate Quality department which is independent and test car before servicing. Gives remark about every aspect and recheck everything after servicing. Without their nod car can not be delivered to customer. Their remarks list was really good which included minute observations as well. After going through list I came to know about problems in my car.
Old 30th July 2013, 12:45   #63
BHPian

Well, its been long time I have not updated this thread. Current odometer reading is 96000 kilometers. Today I got intercooler changed from friendly neighborhood garage.
Reason for this was intercooler was blockage and car was feeling sluggish. Lot of smoke was coming from exhaust under hard acceleration. I could see lot of smoke in the rear view mirror when I was revving hard.

Well reason was blockage was introduced @80k kms, when I saw leaked intercooled I opted for repair instead of replacement. Repair was done using brazing but problem got introduced after this.

This is third intercooler for my car. After change car is running like new kid on the block. Engine is revving free now without any trace of smoke. Total cost of replacement was Rs.4850 with labor charges. Intercooler cost is Rs.4600 and Rs.250 labor.
Old 30th July 2013, 14:05   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Well, its been long time I have not updated this thread. Current odometer reading is 96000 kilometers. Today I got intercooler changed from friendly neighborhood garage.
Hello Sushant,

Good to hear from you after a long time. Also great to know that the Car is about to reach the milestone of 1,00,000 kms.

Can you inform us about the tyre performance & the intervals at which you change them. Also over the years is there is any improment / drop in mileage.

Also how are NVH levels after 96,000 kms? Further other than regular servicing & replacements like brake pads, have you encountered any major expense?

Thanks,
Old 30th July 2013, 14:33   #65
rkg
Senior - BHPian

MY Vista has completed 73K. had to change inter cooler last week because hit an auto in front, the plastic connection broke. Concorde hosur road changed the Inter cooler. 4681 is the price.
Thinking of changing the front shocks. there is lot of sound in the front. at low speeds i get two sounds, one engine and some other sound which vanishes once is the car picks up speeds above 40-50 KMPH
Old 30th July 2013, 14:42   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Sushant,

Good to hear from you after a long time. Also great to know that the Car is about to reach the milestone of 1,00,000 kms.

Can you inform us about the tyre performance & the intervals at which you change them. Also over the years is there is any improment / drop in mileage.

Also how are NVH levels after 96,000 kms? Further other than regular servicing & replacements like brake pads, have you encountered any major expense?

Thanks,
1) Car has been so far niggle free barring one electrical pw switch.
2) Only this intercooler change which I needed to do as an extra measure.
3) I have not changed battery, clutch till date. No engine flush or de-carbonising.
4) Suspension is still in good shape
5) OEM goodyear tyres were pathetic, two changed at 43k and remaining two @60k. Michelin XM1+ are doing great duty from then onwards. I feel tyres can last 10 to 15k more. So far no uneven wear though I do alignment and balancing every 10k only.
6) Car engine, body, suspension has not shown any sign of severe aging so far. Only few rattles from plastic panel. Panel which are not virgin, I mean opened few times for speaker maintenance are source of rattles.
7) Other things like bushings changed on few instances, knuckle ball joints in steering mechanism are replaced once @40k and due for replace now as well. Brake pads changed @60k. Front wheel bearings @80k.
8) I keep fuel log, Approx I am getting 15-16 in Pune City traffic, 19-21 on highway.
9) Well sound at idle is increased but NVH level in cabin is still at good.

Last edited by sushantr5 : 30th July 2013 at 14:50.
sushantr5 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 19:16   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is third intercooler for my car. After change car is running like new kid on the block. Engine is revving free now without any trace of smoke. Total cost of replacement was Rs.4850 with labor charges. Intercooler cost is Rs.4600 and Rs.250 labor.
What are the visible signs for intercooler change. I am surprised that this is the 3rd one for your car.

My car odometer reads 78K and wondering if i should be on the look out for some signals for this change.

No niggles so far. Just got the batter changed yesterday. The stock exide battery lasted for 4.5 years.
Old 31st July 2013, 19:38   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
What are the visible signs for intercooler change. I am surprised that this is the 3rd one for your car.

My car odometer reads 78K and wondering if i should be on the look out for some signals for this change.

No niggles so far. Just got the batter changed yesterday. The stock exide battery lasted for 4.5 years.
First intercooler change happened due to pipe leading to inter cooler developed a leak. It was due to some incidence of scraping. Service center recognized leak which was not prominent but then it was a leak. TASS changed it. First batch of vista has mostly metal pipes from turbo to intercooler. But later versions have mostly hose to aid some flexibility.

Then second damage happened due to small accident. Clamp supporting intercooler got entangled with it and leak developed at front. Not a good decision, but I did repair that leak with brazing. Almost half of fins were damaged. @80k I did this repair. Brazing material may have protruded inside fins so passage was not clean as it is in new intercooler. I was suspecting this as not good fix. Still I drove 16k with this fix. Power band was reduced only upto 2300-2500 rpm. Smoke was prominent under hard acceleration. Lesson, intercooler is important part change when you suspect. Changed it and all problems have gone now. There was no leak but intercooler was blocked. Inlet hose of intercooler was having traces of oil and dust. It means pressure built up was happening and leaking to some extent due to high pressure.

Though your intercooler is not damaged, it may get blocked due to traces of oil from turbo. You need to clean intercooler at least after every 70k-100k.

An intercooler leak can cause problems like absorbing non-filtered air while at idling and will leak valuable pressurized air under load. So at load low air-fuel mixture ratio, means unburnt fuel and in turn smoke. So when you see smoke then something is wrong with your respiratory system. Either air-filter is clogged, turbo charger is not working properly or a leak.

The Friendly Neighbourhood Garage mechanic is really knowledgeable person. He was former employee of Suzuki India. I can vouch for him.

Last edited by sushantr5 : 31st July 2013 at 20:02.
sushantr5 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 19:02   #69
BHPian

Well Guys,

It has been long span of time from last update. The Vista has 1,14,250 kilometers on its odometer. And it is still doing pretty strong. It has been great product and it has been great experience so far.

Updates:

1) Timing chain has been changed @1,10,000 kms

2) Just now changed Suspension.

3) Upsized tyres to 185/65 R14 Michelin XM2

With Suspension and tyre change car rides really smooth.

4) Battery changed last month

5) Clutch is so far doing well... But looks like change is in site. Clutch survival over a lakh kilometers is pretty good feat.

Last edited by sushantr5 : 15th December 2014 at 19:05.
sushantr5 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2015, 21:41   #70
BHPian

Quote:

1) Timing chain has been changed @1,10,000 kms
My Indica Vista Quadrajet had completed 105,000 kms recently. I'm not sure whether I should change the timing chain or not. Given the extensive damage that could be caused to the engine if the chain gives away, I'm inclined to go for a replacement. Any suggestions?
Old 10th September 2015, 20:55   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
MY Vista has completed 73K. had to change inter cooler last week because hit an auto in front, the plastic connection broke. Concorde hosur road changed the Inter cooler. 4681 is the price.
Two days ago, my Vista which has completed 35k on the odo, was brushed from the front left side by a butch Toyota Fortuner and the rear bull bar got stuck in the front left side bumper.

The bull bar came out only after some physical effort by the Fortuner; i.e it reversed thereby pressing the Vista's bumper. Once the bull bar came out, the impact had led to a hole in the Vista's bumper along with a crack along. Thankfully, the bumper is still holding on and I drove around 50 kms after the impact.

So far, I am not hearing any noise or feeling weird in the steering, should I be worried about any damage to the parts inside the hood? Should I get it checked by the nearest T.A.S.S?

Gurus, need your advise please.
Old 10th September 2015, 21:41   #72
BHPian

Photo would help more to analyse what could go wrong

1) Front left side of bumper has no equipment inside it. Front right has windshield washer tank.

2) Inter cooler in the front middle of the car on the lower side is assembled using tacky clip/plate which itself could damage and cause leak in the intercooler. Impact on bumper can cause this damage. You can see by eyes whether front clip/plate is penetrated in intercooler or not. If not then all is good.

Just for clearing any doubt get it checked from TASS or friendly neighbourhood garage.
Old 16th September 2015, 12:20   #73
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushibeta View Post
Two days ago, my Vista which has completed 35k on the odo, was brushed from the front left side by a butch Toyota Fortuner and the rear bull bar got stuck in the front left side bumper.

The bull bar came out only after some physical effort by the Fortuner; i.e it reversed thereby pressing the Vista's bumper. Once the bull bar came out, the impact had led to a hole in the Vista's bumper along with a crack along. Thankfully, the bumper is still holding on and I drove around 50 kms after the impact.

So far, I am not hearing any noise or feeling weird in the steering, should I be worried about any damage to the parts inside the hood? Should I get it checked by the nearest T.A.S.S?

Gurus, need your advise please.
As shushant said, photo will help. But inter cooler is in the middle in front. Hence i don't think it is damaged. I had felt power loss immediately.

On a side note Sold the car last year for 2.7 lakhs. Odo was 92K at that time. Upgraded to ARIA Pure LX
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 19:18   #74

Thank you for your responses Sushant & rkg.

I have checked with T.A.S.S and they've confirmed that there is no damage to Intercooler / other parts. Except for the visible damage, the car is otherwise running smoothly.

@rkg - Happy motoring with the ARIA!
Old 1st October 2015, 20:31   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushibeta View Post
Thank you for your responses Sushant & rkg.

I have checked with T.A.S.S and they've confirmed that there is no damage to Intercooler / other parts. Except for the visible damage, the car is otherwise running smoothly.
You are lucky all is well with your car.

Well I am also the proud owner of a 2009 Vista and have been happy ever since then. I have driven 81000 kms so far and am very happy with the car. Have had 2 breakdowns so far...both the incidents the car stopped when I reached home...lucky me. On one occasion one of the belts had snapped ...without that the power steering was not working. Had the car towed to the service center and had it fixed.
The second incident ....I was very lucky because I was driving home from work about 11 pm...about 1 km from my place I feel a total loss of power and the check engine light came on. A few seconds later the light went off and the power was back. The same thing happened a minute later. Finally as I parked my car in the basement, it switched off and did not start again. Had the car towed to the service center and the fuel pump was kaput.
I have no regrets buying this car and still love it.

Lets all share images of our cars as of now? what do you all think?
bigben is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks