Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2009, 09:09   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@capt:

Next time tell them that you want oil changes only as per Mahindra guidlines at every 15K miles. For the 5K check up, do only what is given in the service manual. It should be a bunch of checks, brake cleaning etc. Should not be more than one or two thousand at the most.

My cousin in Bangalore who has the older Tubo Deisel (non crde) Scropio has been doing oil changes at the A.S.S every 10K kms as per the service manual at that time and his scorpio has clocked about 180000 kms mostly in Bangalore traffic so every 5K oil changes are a waste of money.

Dealerships generally try to charge the maximum they can to the customer. We should also tell them to refrain from putting additives etc into new engines as these are absolutely not required in a new engine. It just helps them pad the bill. I am very strict when I give my vehicles for service that if they do anything beyond what is recommended in the service manual by Mahindra, I am not going to pay for it.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 24th December 2009 at 09:11.
Old 26th December 2009, 23:43   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@capt:

Next time tell them that you want oil changes only as per Mahindra guidlines at every 15K miles. For the 5K check up, do only what is given in the service manual. It should be a bunch of checks, brake cleaning etc. Should not be more than one or two thousand at the most.

My cousin in Bangalore who has the older Tubo Deisel (non crde) Scropio has been doing oil changes at the A.S.S every 10K kms as per the service manual at that time and his scorpio has clocked about 180000 kms mostly in Bangalore traffic so every 5K oil changes are a waste of money.

Dealerships generally try to charge the maximum they can to the customer. We should also tell them to refrain from putting additives etc into new engines as these are absolutely not required in a new engine. It just helps them pad the bill. I am very strict when I give my vehicles for service that if they do anything beyond what is recommended in the service manual by Mahindra, I am not going to pay for it.
Yeah, you are right. I should insist them from next time. But thanks a lot, i would not have checked , if you did not tell me about this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks