Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:29   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Manujj
That's a very good mileage. The max FE I got was 13.5kmpl going at steady 85kmph. The overall average now standa at 11.1kmpl
Cheers
Dear dilip, the FE figures are about the same..so no worries there..

Do let me know what all was changed in your Fortuner by Toyota vis a vis the Brakes.

Cheers!
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:06   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

What air pressure do you maintain for city use?
Old 4th May 2010, 15:55   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
What air pressure do you maintain for city use?
For City and Highway both the Tyre pressure is 32..back and front.
Old 4th May 2010, 16:09   #94
bhp
BHPian

Toyota recommends 30 psi on all wheels...the ride is little bouncy...so won't the car get more bouncy with 32 psi
Old 4th May 2010, 16:19   #95
BHPian

Congrats on your Fortuner! I have seen the Fortuner close by but never test driven. Have you compared this with your Pajero?
I think the fortuner has good interiors.
Old 4th May 2010, 16:23   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post
Toyota recommends 30 psi on all wheels...the ride is little bouncy...so won't the car get more bouncy with 32 psi
I haven't bothered checking the recommended pressure on the door, is it 30psi? I always maintain 1-2psi lower. Especially in hot summers and highway runs the air pressure increases.

The service center put 40psi in my car the last time, it was unbearable !
Old 4th May 2010, 16:30   #97
BHPian

@manuuj: Fortuner looks great in white and the TRD kit, I have booked one too, how long did they take to deliver?

Here in chennai, they are saying a minimum of 8 months.
Old 4th May 2010, 16:33   #98
BHPian

@manuuj: Fortuner looks amazing in white and TRD kit is awesome. How long did they take to deliver your car?

I have booked one too, they told me to expect delivery within 6-8 months back here in chennai.
Old 4th May 2010, 17:30   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post
I did see that on the door sil also..but in the interest of better mileage i yanked it up by 2 points.

Whereas the ride quality remains almost the same as 30 psi the FE figures are better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
Congrats on your Fortuner! I have seen the Fortuner close by but never test driven. Have you compared this with your Pajero?
I think the fortuner has good interiors.
The Pajero is a classic old school SUV and built like a tank. It is capable of handling a lot of pretty Extreme offroad stuff..The Fortuner is more modern and better suited for highway cruising.

The brakes and Ride Quality are better on the Pajero though and its much quieter too.

The Fortuner has the looks and a very responsive and modern engine backed by Toyota Quality and aftercare.

They are both great vehicles in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I haven't bothered checking the recommended pressure on the door, is it 30psi? I always maintain 1-2psi lower. Especially in hot summers and highway runs the air pressure increases.

The service center put 40psi in my car the last time, it was unbearable !
yes 30 psi is the manufacturers recommendation..40 psi is Way to much and can even cause some suspension component damage if not detected early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salman_ferrari View Post
@manuuj: Fortuner looks great in white and the TRD kit, I have booked one too, how long did they take to deliver?

Here in chennai, they are saying a minimum of 8 months.
I had booked in August '09 and took delivery on the 10th of December '09

Best of luck with your Fortuner..hope you get it soon.

..and by the way an update on the brakes..I took the Fortuner to the Workshop today as i heard that they are Replacing the complete Brake Kits on the Old Fortuners (if there is a complaint..)

They have checked out my Fortuner and ordered the Brake kit from the factory for me..should be done in about 10 to 15 days time..

Thanks Toyota!
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2010, 19:54   #100
BHPian

Here's an update on the brakes in my Fortuner.

I had complained to my service advisor about the lack of initial brake bite at high speeds. He promptly had the vehicle inspected and even took a few snaps of the Disc Brakes,

I was told that a new brake it, which was going to be 16" in Diameter compared to the 15" Diameter discs that were on the vehicle had been ordered for me.

These would take about a week to arrive at Galaxy.

One week later i was asked to bring my Fortuner in as the complete front Brake Kit was there for my Vehicle.

I was shocked to see the price on the huge carton that the new Kit arrived in..Rs.48000/-

When you factor in Labor+ tax on parts+ tax on labor = around 60,000 to 65,000/-!!

So glad Toyota "owned responsibility" and footed the Bill..My faith in them is even stronger now.

The Brake performance has improved greatly and now i can proudly say that the Fortuner is FAULTLESS as the one weak point has been addressed so admirably by TKM.

Thank you Toyota..for everything.

I would also like to thank Dilipkumar7278 and wanderhermit for their advice..Cheers Guys!!
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2010, 15:14   #101
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Brake performance has improved greatly and now i can proudly say that the Fortuner is FAULTLESS as the one weak point has been addressed so admirably by TKM.
Manuuj, that's great to hear. Has the pedal feel improved as well?
Old 2nd June 2010, 14:14   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Manuuj, that's great to hear. Has the pedal feel improved as well?
The pedal feel has improved greatly too..the brakes feel like they have much more "Bite" than before and the pedal does not feel "mushy" any more either.

The pedal feels more direct than before.

This was improved earlier also (before the change of Brake Kit) by Toyota by bleeding the brakes and resetting the pedal play.

The pedal feel had improved to a great extent then..but not the braking.

After the brake kit replacement both pedal and brake feel are top class.

My Fortuner has clocked about 9750 KM's now and is due for its first oil change at 10,000 KM's. Will book it for service today itself.

Thus far, no complaints (touchwood!)
Old 25th June 2010, 17:40   #103
BHPian

Hi all! A update on my Fortuner..The first service was done at 9970 kms.

The Oil and Oil filter were replaced alongwith topping up of the Washer Fluid.

All other Fluid levels were checked and a Wheel Alignment was carried out with some fancy laser machine followed by a really thorough washing and cleaning under, inside and over the car.

The total expense was Rs. 1974/- as labour was free.

It was as usual a very swift and hassle free experience.

Its no wonder I love Toyota!
Old 25th June 2010, 18:30   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The total expense was Rs. 1974/- as labour was free.
10K run 20 Lakhs worth vehicle has service charge of 2K rupees! This is wonderful. I have become more Toyota fan boy now. A real testimony for a Toyotas quality.

Manuuj,
If you compare the engine after 10K run and new one, do you feel differences? Has it opened up ?
Old 26th June 2010, 13:13   #105
BANNED

wow...2k for 10k service. My swift costs more to service. By the way my fortuner might be the lowest clocked car in this forum. How about this...2400kms in 5 months...
Cheers
Dilip

Most Viewed