Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2009, 13:33   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) Congratulations! This is a car that India has gone mad about.

Next, how come your car was allotted to someone else when HQ iteslf is controlling sales ?

Are they bribed too ?
Thanks for putting this up.

I am really upset by the deeds of Toyota.
It isn't Toyota who control allotment. They allot cars to dealers and the dealers allot the car to customers. It is the DSA's and Sales people who make a quick buck.

Toyota on its part responds swiftly to any complaints from customers as they did when i made a hue and cry.

Anyway enough said..now for the pics!!

The first two are of my first look at the Fortuner when it looked like a Christmas tree..do notice that the Front Headlight Chrome Surrounds have been removed in later pics.

The next set of pics shows the car the next morning when i went to take delivery.

The last ones are of parents and Panditji after the customary puja.
Attached Thumbnails
Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-09122009736.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-09122009737.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-10122009739.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-10122009738.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-10122009740.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-10122009741.jpg  

Last edited by Manuuj : 22nd December 2009 at 13:35.
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2009, 13:47   #17
BHPian

I took the Fortuner to Reliance Autozone in the basement of Ambience Mall Gurgaon for "Dupont Teflon" coating.

The process took about two and a half hours and costed Rs. 2700/- way below the prices quoted at the dealership and that too for some other coating not original Teflon.

Here are a few more pics..

I must add here that two days after the Teflon coating process the normal chrome emblems i ordered also arrived and have replaced the hideous gold ones. The next step is to remove the Tail light Chrome surrounds.

Shall post pics when i take those ..Cheers!!
Attached Thumbnails
Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-11122009743.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-11122009744.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-11122009745.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-11122009746.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-11122009747.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-11122009748.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-11122009749.jpg  

Last edited by Manuuj : 22nd December 2009 at 13:51.
Old 22nd December 2009, 13:48   #18
BANNED

This looks like a full blown politico campaign car. Please remove the gold monograms as soon as possible. Also, given the nature and manners of most NCR cars/drivers, I guess you could opt for front and rear bullbars/crash guards for the white beauty.
Lastly, before everybody else on TBHP asks you, some interior pics please...
Old 22nd December 2009, 13:50   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
I shall have to take the same if i want this vehicle or wait till January end.

I am also told that Prices may go up anywhere between 2% to 5% by then.
First of all Congrats buddy on your new buy and wishing you all the very best !!

But looking at your post dispassionately, I feel that its this way of making Toyota think that they are delivering " God's own vehicle " to Indians that is making them to take us for a ride.
The Fortuner sells for RM 80,000 in Malaysia. This works to about 12 lacs Rupees in India. So, they are almost selling at double the amount ( 22lacs on road in Bangalore). So arent they unethical here and to Indians ?
Still they make it look like they are doing charity to buyers like in your case. I understand your desepartion to get this vehicle from 2005 but havent you lived without it ? Dont you have options ? I think the safari 4X4 is definitely an option ( inspite of TATA niggles, it has evolved into a fine vehicle). BTW, how many times and how many of us want a reliable 4 X 4 practically ? The real hardcore 4X4 guys will swear by Jeep anyway. Thats a separate discussion anyway......
So, what have you bought better than say the Safari at the double the cost of Safari VX. ......The so called bullet proof quality of Toyota......forget being bullet proof...... the innova is not even a cycle proof . It has the worst ever body I have ever seen on Indian roads, show me any dent proof innova... especially the rear door...... so much for the bullet proof quality of Toyota . Anyway, I have seen that the Fortuner's body is better built...... so this will not be an issue in your case.

The other thing I was curious about is that you have bought a vehicle that has been accessorized. But, as far as I know, the accessories are added only after the vehicle is registered with the RTO. So, wasnt your vehicle registered yet ? If that is the case, something is wrong here.

Hope we Indians are stopped being taken for a ride soon !!
Old 22nd December 2009, 13:53   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats ! This kit is slightly better than the one they offer here. I was offered a similar deal a week after diwali. They wanted 1.25 lakhs extra for all the accessories, i refused. How much did you land up paying as "premium" ?
Old 22nd December 2009, 14:22   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
First of all Congrats buddy on your new buy and wishing you all the very best !!

Still they make it look like they are doing charity to buyers like in your case. I understand your desepartion to get this vehicle from 2005 but havent you lived without it ? Dont you have options ? I think the safari 4X4 is definitely an option ( inspite of TATA niggles, it has evolved into a fine vehicle). BTW, how many times and how many of us want a reliable 4 X 4 practically ? The real hardcore 4X4 guys will swear by Jeep anyway. Thats a separate discussion anyway......
So, what have you bought better than say the Safari at the double the cost of Safari VX. ......The so called bullet proof quality of Toyota......forget being bullet proof...... the innova is not even a cycle proof . It has the worst ever body I have ever seen on Indian roads, show me any dent proof innova... especially the rear door...... so much for the bullet proof quality of Toyota . Anyway, I have seen that the Fortuner's body is better built...... so this will not be an issue in your case.

The other thing I was curious about is that you have bought a vehicle that has been accessorized. But, as far as I know, the accessories are added only after the vehicle is registered with the RTO. So, wasnt your vehicle registered yet ? If that is the case, something is wrong here.

Hope we Indians are stopped being taken for a ride soon !!
Thanks for your wishes my friend

To your first point id like to say that there was never an option against the Fortuner for me personally. In other posts i have mentioned that i also have a 2008 Range Rover TDV8 and a Pajero SFX but what I've craved for is the Fortuner.

All our SUV's are used both on surface roads and some proper extreme offroad trails like rocks and river beds..the Fortuner shall be used for the same purposes too..there is a review in the 4x4 vehicles section of the forum that you can see. Its called "Range Rover Tonga Green Metallic"

The Safari was NEVER an option.

I also drive a Qualis on my daily factory run and it is my favorite car of all. Its cheap to maintain easy to drive. Its done 1,65,000 Kms without a SINGLE breakdown. I have done a full review of it in the long termers section of the forum..so Toyota was the only choice for its bulletproof reliability.

The car has no squeaks or rattles since we got it in 2003 and so build quality is also ahead of Mahindra or Tata..in my humble view.

Lastly the Accessories do not pose a problem when the vehicle is being registered as the showroom itself has a person who is authorised by the RTO to register the vehicle and issue a number.

Furthermore all accesories are also covered in the insurance by paying a slight premium.

Cheers!
Old 22nd December 2009, 14:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

congrats Manuuj once again

your Fortuner looks like a million bucks mate. we have a black fortuner with a relative which was delivered in October end and it looked gr8 at that time but after seeing white with TRD kit, black is nowhere nearby.

please tie a "parandi" just to ward off from evil eyes.

cheers.
Old 22nd December 2009, 14:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hi

It is really a wonderful car. Though I have seen and drove Prado an Hilux,It is new for us. Let me have a drive some other day. Toyota what ever they build they will build with perfection.
Old 22nd December 2009, 15:10   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
congrats Manuuj once again

your Fortuner looks like a million bucks mate. we have a black fortuner with a relative which was delivered in October end and it looked gr8 at that time but after seeing white with TRD kit, black is nowhere nearby.

please tie a "parandi" just to ward off from evil eyes.

cheers.
Thanks so much buddy!..trust me it looks even better now with the gold emblems replaced with the original ones.

The door handle chrome surrounds (as long as the paint is not damaged) and Taillight surrounds are next in line to go.

The parandi was suggested by my mother too!..shall do it soon!

By the way ive got some news about the FE. I had got a full tank done when i took delivery. Yesterday i had the tank topped up again and after 702 kms it took in 60 litres of diesel.

That comes to a neat 11.7 kmpl within the city after being stuck in two massive jams also and airconditioner being used quite a bit during daytime driving.

I expect this to improve after the first service (1000 kms) due on 24th of December and on the highways.
Old 22nd December 2009, 16:36   #25
BHPian

Congratulations, the white fortuner with the kit really looks amazing. Heres wishing you many many miles of happy trouble free motoring. Good that you removed the chrome and the gold bits and restored it to what it should be.
Old 22nd December 2009, 16:42   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your wishes my friend

Its done 1,65,000 Kms without a SINGLE breakdown. I have done a full review of it in the long termers section of the forum..so Toyota was the only choice for its bulletproof reliability
Agree with you dude on the quality of TOYOTA. But the pricing is a concern as I have indicated the 12 lac Rs. equivalent price in Malaysia and to top that the attitude they have shown to you during the negotations. Anyway, as you said, " All is well that ends well " - Enjoy your vehicle
Old 22nd December 2009, 17:18   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats mate! the white fortuner looks lovely. The size is really intimidating.

Pls post some interior pics.

By the way i hate the accessories, fortuner looks awesome without these add ons
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:15   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the Fortuner! This SUV is my absolute favorite in the 20 lakh segment. Toyota's body on frame diesels are literally bullet-proof. And as we found out, the Fortuner is surprisingly quick too. The mid-range can leave most D segmenters (petrol) for dead. Its only the brakes that stick out like a sore thumb, but I do believe Petes has already launched upgrades.

You seem to have quite the garage...a range rover, Scorpio mhawk and now the Fortuner. Got a thing for SUVs, eh?

Quote:
18th November 2009 I write a lenghty email to Toyota Customer Care in Bangalore explaining my anger, disappointment and frustration at this high handed treatment by their dealer.

18th November 2009, Three minutes later.. I get a call from Toyota Customer Care, Bangalore who ask me for all the details and promise to investigate and have an answer for me the same evening.

I get a call in the evening asking me to visit the showroom the next day and meet with the Sales Head, Customer Relations Head and Senior Management of Galaxy Toyota.
This is what impresses me most about Toyota. The fact that they look after their customers. A revert within three minutes? A solution to problematic emails on the same day? Fantastic.

Quote:
i meet with the aforesaid individuals who are all apologetic for the "mix up" due to a " communication breakdown" and promise (again) that a Fortuner will be delivered to me in December for sure.
You can be sure that the dealer got a serious dressing down.

Quote:
Mr. A.S." saying that he can offer me a White Fortuner that had been prepared for delivery for his close personal friend BUT the catch is that it has some Accesories added on it.
Unfortunate that Toyota's intervention didn't stop the dealer from pushing expensive accessories down your throat though. I myself couldn't think of a better excuse "My close friends car!!". LOL, no close friend here. The dealer merely made a quick buck.

Quote:
I took the Fortuner to Reliance Autozone in the basement of Ambience Mall Gurgaon for "Dupont Teflon" coating.
You haven't searched our forums, have you? Teflon is strongly NOT recommended on Team-BHP.

Either ways, alls well that ends well. You are obviously satisfied. Do update us with a detailed driving impression on the Fortuner.

And drive safe. Remember, the Fortuner has great power, but also bad brakes and is an SUV (compromised handling compared to a sedan).
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:23   #29
BANNED

congrats manujj for the update on fuel efficency .i definitely feel that arai claimed FE of 12.3kms is easily achievable. do update about your experience.Hoping to get mine in january. cheers
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:30   #30
BHPian

congratulations. White Fortuner with the kit on simple awesome. happy driving.

Most Viewed