Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2016, 17:32   #466
BHPian

re: Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!

Wondering if this is legal, I know this is just a wrap, but still doesn't it change the color of the car? Which means you have to mention in the registration?
Old 2nd September 2016, 18:07   #467
BHPian

re: Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!

As far as i know its a temporary thing and that too just to the exterior..so changing the color in the Registration isnt feasible or required.Havent had a problem so far. Have driven past many traffic cops in delhi.

A change in the registration should be done when painting the whole car to another color permanently.

Also i think if it was illegal the government or RTO would first stop the companies like 3M and Avery Denisson from importing and installing the Vinyl Wraps.

Some may have had a bad experience with the cops. Just their luck.

Last edited by Manuuj : 2nd September 2016 at 18:13.
Old 4th September 2016, 11:54   #468
Senior - BHPian

I must say, the change from chrome to black has done the trick here! The car looks so much better now - really amazing results.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 12:15   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
The wrap was from an American company called Avery Denison which competes with 3M worldwide.

The shade used was Avery Denision Matte Midnight Sand Metallic.
Attachment 1550028

The final result:
Attachment 1550030

I shall post seperately about the whole process and also the Installer soon.
Ooooooolala! Great to see Obelix in its BSF Uniform!

Now, I can't wait to see the whole bunch of awesome mods going onto it. My Atlantis is definitely going to be envious
Old 5th September 2016, 16:18   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Ooooooolala! Great to see Obelix in its BSF Uniform!

Now, I can't wait to see the whole bunch of awesome mods going onto it. My Atlantis is definitely going to be envious
Thank you bro!! Atlantis already has all the mods that Obelix is getting. Why will it be envious?

I think its time also that Obelix and Atlantis met up!
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 12:45   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you bro!! Atlantis already has all the mods that Obelix is getting. Why will it be envious?
It will be quite an experience to see another beast with similar dress-up noo!

Quote:
I think its time also that Obelix and Atlantis met up!
Sure, let's catch up soon! Will follow up with you on phone.
Old 11th September 2016, 21:39   #472
BHPian

An update on the wrap. Since it had started to peel and bubble very badly only after three days Obelix had his wrap completely removed this week and was rewrapped.
I will post a lengthy review on this incident soon.
Meanwhile Obleix is back after his second wrap job at another establishment called Connaught Care and looks splendid in my opinion.

Here are some pics:
Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-img_20160911_173225.jpg
Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-screenshot_20160911180457.jpg

Last edited by Manuuj : 11th September 2016 at 21:41.
Manuuj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 16:59   #473
BHPian

An update on Obelix

The Ironman performance suspension kit with 2 inch lift has arrived alongwith the Snorkel fom Ironman. The installation will be carried out tommorow at a Garage called Super Sports that do Rally vehicle modifications.

Wil keep a photo record of the installation and update once its done.

The Winch bumper has also been ordered and will be dispatched to Delhi today from Baroda. I saw the address and number of Amin Sons on the thread of another Bhpian called Tejas. I messaged him on Tbhp and then spoke to him also. His review was very positive on the fit and finish of the bumper.

I then spoke to the owner and also the sales executive at Amin Sons regarding the details of the bumper i needed to be cleared. Once my doubts were removed the funds were transferred and the bumper is being dispatched today the 20th of September for door delivery to me. This will also be installed very soon.

Watch this space for pics and updates!

Last edited by Manuuj : 20th September 2016 at 17:00.
Manuuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 21:12   #474
BHPian

Here is a pic of the goodies as they arrived through Gati-Kwe from Zac Maratt the Ironman Distributor for India based in Bangalore.

The suspension setup I've opted for is:

Front: Performance Struts and Performance Coils
Rear: Performance Struts and Comfort Coils.
Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-20160920_185740.jpg

The snorkel is the one specifically made for Ironman for this model of Fortuner/Hilux Vigo.

The bumper also has been ordered from Amin Sons Marketing Pvt Limited. They will be dispatching the bumper tomorrow after doing a quality inspection.
A pic was sent to me today of the Bumper by them so i may see the exact model for myself.
Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-img20160920wa0039.jpg
Manuuj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 21:38   #475
Senior - BHPian

Great updates Manuuj. Looking forward to seeing Obelix wearing all these new goodies.
Is this bumper air bag compatible? And mind sharing a rough pricing on each of them?
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 22nd September 2016, 14:34   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is a pic of the goodies as they arrived through Gati-Kwe from Zac Maratt the Ironman Distributor for India based in Bangalore.

Rear: Performance Struts and Comfort Coils.
Attachment 1556739

The snorkel is the one specifically made for Ironman for this model of Fortuner/Hilux Vigo.

The bumper also has been ordered from Amin Sons Marketing Pvt Limited. They will be dispatching the bumper tomorrow after doing a quality inspection.
A pic was sent to me today of the Bumper by them so i may see the exact model for myself.
Attachment 1556740

Awesome, would love to see the end result

Can you please share the part wise cost?
Old 29th September 2016, 21:04   #477
BHPian

Hi Manuuj,

I have a typical problem with low beams of my fortuner. Today i noticed that left hand side low beam is not working. First thing first, located the fuse inside the bonnet for LH beam to check its serviceability. The fuse was found to be fine but while inserting the fuse back the low beam switched ON, flickered and switched off after two second. Can you help for likely cause please?
Old 5th October 2016, 02:12   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Rear: Performance Struts and Comfort Coils

The bumper also has been ordered from Amin Sons Marketing Pvt Limited]
Eagerly waiting for your pictures and the process involved in fitting.
Also can you share the cost of all the products Iinvolved?
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2016, 21:15   #479
Senior - BHPian

The stock alloy wheels are sticking out like a sore thumb. Upgrade them too, preferably in matte black or anthracite.
Old 15th October 2016, 14:00   #480
BHPian

I was also looking out for an off road bumper for my 2012 Fortuner. The Amin sons one looks good! Could you share the price please? Also does it involve cutting the OE bumper for fitment or its just remove and replace?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks