Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2019, 10:53   #496
Senior - BHPian

re: Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!

Hey buddy, sorry to see your Fortuner has departed.
Amazing journey so far and even amazing was the way you took care of it. Something for every car owner to emulate

So, what's next? Will it be the refreshed Endy (for the same butch feel) or will it be something suave like the Kodiaq?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th April 2019 at 16:32. Reason: T-Fort > Fortuner. Please refer to the cars with their full names instead of user made acronyms. Thanks.
Old 13th April 2019, 09:05   #497
BHPian

re: Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Hey buddy, sorry to see your T-Fort has departed.
Amazing journey so far and even amazing was the way you took care of it. Something for every car owner to emulate

So, what's next? Will it be the refreshed Endy (for the same butch feel) or will it be something suave like the Kodiaq?
I like ladder on frame SUV's. So the Kodiaq will not qualify at all. Its between the 2019 Endeavour, Fortuner or the new Gurkha Extreme.

The Gurkha has my heart but my brain is sounding loud alarms against it.

I dont really like the tight interiors of the New Fortuner nor its noisy and bumpy ride. Also for its price it does not offer too many goodies.

The Endeavour has amazing reviews and seems good value for money even though its almost 40 lacs on-road. Ive driven it also and like the quiet and plush cabin. It just feels more upmarket than the Fortuner.

I've been with Toyota since 2003 and am a huge fan of its reliability. Been searching and combing the internet for any reliability issues of the Endeavour but haven't really come across any so far.

Maintenance costs for both the new Fortuner and Endy will be similar.

The Endy is ahead so far.

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-screenshot_20190412183933_instagram.jpg

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-20190412_145534.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 26th April 2019 at 17:02. Reason: Images inserted in-line.
Manuuj is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 16:12   #498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
I find myself a little choked up and teary eyed even now as i write this and leave you with my last few pics of our beloved Obelix
I have been following up your articles since long, even before I became a member of Team BHP. The Spiti travelogue was awesome. The Obelix is very much a known entity to Team BHPians as well as common readers from outside like me.

It is a painful moment for not only us, but the entire family to be parting with a beloved car you own. It's not only a car but becomes a family member after being with you for more than 5 years.

I am also planning to replace my 5 year old XUV500 with a new SUV. I also have done many trips to Himachal and Uttarakhand. I have done Leh and plan to do Spiti in the new SUV.

You must be planning for a new SUV for yourself. I would like to be benefited by your choice of vehicle if it falls under my affordable range. As of now I am totally confused between Endeavor and Fortuner. My heart says Endeavor and mind says Fortuner. Your suggestion is definitely going to help me a lot.

MOD NOTE: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 29th April 2019 at 08:31. Reason: Poor language & grammar. Please type your posts properly
ridewithpride is offline   Received Infraction
Old 27th April 2019, 14:23   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridewithpride View Post
I have been following up your articles since long even before I become member of Team BHP. The Spiti travelogue was awesome. ...
Thank you for your kind words. Yes it is indeed painful to part with what i consider a part of the family and a great travel companion.

I have booked the Ford Endeavour 3.2 4x4.
Leaving the Toyota family was by no means an easy decision. I had the Qualis before the Fortuner and both gave me faultless service since 2003 and 2009 respectively.

When i bought Obelix then the Fortuner had no competition to speak off. But now Ford has really upped the game.
The value for money im getting with the Endeavour is unparalleled.
It feels like a vehicle a segment ahead of its own. More like a 50 plus lac vehicle not a 40 lac one while sadly the Fortuner feels like a 25 lac vehicle and not a 40 lac one.
Developed in Australia the Endeavour is a well engineered, well specced and polished product far ahead of the earlier Endeavour which was quite agrarian.
The interiors are very plush feel very airy and spacious and of a high quality. The ride is soft and silent. The steering light and precise. The 10 speaker music system sound amazing. Overall it feels like a good place to be in with its panoramic sunroof and black and beige interiors.

The Fortuners interiors felt well put together but cramped and dark. The new Chamois color interiors may make it look lighter and airier.
The design inside though feels a bit dated. The roofline felt low. The engine sound inside the passenger compartment was quite pronounced and the ride was stiff and lumpy at low speeds not unlike Obelix before it had the Ironman Suspension upgrade. The hydraulic steering is also heavier than the electric one in the Endeavor.

Thus the Endeavour won over the Fortuner in my heart and mind. Plus i love the looks of the new Endeavour over the Fortuners which is a purely subjective opinion.

As far as reliability goes the reports I've read and heard about the Endeavour are quite positive and encouraging.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 28th April 2019 at 09:25. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Manuuj is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 22:35   #500
Senior - BHPian

I can understand and vouch for your feelings, Manuuj. And congratulations on booking your new Ford.

I did mention it to you earlier but still posting here, what an irony it is that Obelix and Atlantis were bought 10 days apart back in 2009, and in 2019 both vehicles were sold 10 days apart too! Both vehicles with near identical mileage on the odometer at the time of sale, 215k on Obelix and 225k on Atlantis. And now you and I, both are leaving Toyota family and moving on to Ford Endeavour! Too many coincidences there!

Cheers and I look forward to your next ownership thread.
Ace F355 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 23:15   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
I can understand and vouch for your feelings, Manuuj. And congratulations on booking your new Ford.
==========
Cheers and I look forward to your next ownership thread.
That is so true! Glad to know we are both going i for the same steed.
It kind of reinforces my opinion that the new Ford Endeavor is a good product. Lets both think up new names too now for the upcoming acquisitions.

Gajraj and Obelix are both well deserved legends and i hope the steeds that follow also become the same.

Congratulations on yours too!!

When are you expecting delivery?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 28th April 2019 at 09:26. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2019, 11:53   #502

Thanks Manuuj and Ace F355 for the guiding words. I had test-driven both the cars yesterday once again for the 3rd time and it was the same experience as before, Endeavor had performed better in all the departments. There is slight doubt in mind after the spreading news of Mahindra taking over of Ford's Indian operation. But value for money, which Endeavor offers and acceptance among the experts like you will be going to incline my buying decision for sure.
ridewithpride is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 08:19   #503
Senior - BHPian

Re: Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
That is so true! Glad to know we are both going i for the same steed.
It kind of reinforces my opinion that the new Ford Endeavor is a good product. Lets both think up new names too now for the upcoming acquisitions.

Gajraj and Obelix are both well deserved legends and i hope the steeds that follow also become the same.

Congratulations on yours too!!

When are you expecting delivery?
I went pre-owned route and have gotten myself a sunset red Endeavour 2.2 4x4 manual. Delivery taken and already enjoying it for a few days now .
link to my post (My Pre-Worshipped Toyota Fortuner 3.0L 4x4 MT - 225,000 km crunched. EDIT: Sold!)
Ace F355 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 12:52   #504
BHPian

Re: Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!

Obelix left me for its new home on 8th April 2019. After a lot of consideration and looking at various vehicles i booked the Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium Plus on 12th April 2019 and took delivery of it on 12th June 2019.

Hence it has been a year since Obelix departed and the arrival of Apache.
In its first year Apache (Endeavour 3.2) has clocked almost 23,000 kilometers and has undertaken numerous roadtrips including a 10 day Spiti trip.

Am pleased to report there have been no issues with the Endeavour so far and am really enjoying this new ownership experience.
Apache has been kept completely stock from showroom except for tyre change within the first hour of ownership.
The MRF wanderers were replaced with Falken Wildpeak AT3WA for approx Rs.3500 per tyre in exchange.

I leave you with some pics of Apache who after one year and over 20,000 kms of ownership has put to rest any fears i had about moving to Ford after being with Toyota for 16 years straight.
Attached Thumbnails
Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-img_20190622_130525_657.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-screenshot_20200305110814_whatsapp.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-screenshot_20200305110740_whatsapp.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-img_20190926_174211_364.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-img_20190918_211848_407.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-img_20190919_203016_724.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-img_20190902_154515_981.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-img_20190924_112424_291.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-img_20190925_095046_245.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-img_20190913_195726_704.jpg  

Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 2,00,000 km and going strong! EDIT: Sold!-screenshot_20200522192123_instagram.jpg  

Manuuj is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 20:40   #505

Your detailed description of ownership over the years of Obelix did play a role in me getting a pre-owned Fortuner TRD for myself. The experience has been very good so far.
Good luck with your future journey with the Endeavour. It looks massive and beautiful 👌🏻
Old 10th January 2022, 22:55   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortunerTRD View Post
Your detailed description of ownership over the years of Obelix did play a role in me getting a pre-owned Fortuner TRD for myself. The experience has been very good so far.
Good luck with your future journey with the Endeavour. It looks massive and beautiful ����
Thank you fir your kind words. In my view a well maintained Fortuner or any Toyota for that matter is the best pre-worshipped vehicle to buy. The Endeavour journey is going well and the new addition is Asterix my 2021 Gurkha.

How many kilometers has your Fortuner covered? If you keep having it serviced at Toyota and change all necessary parts on time it will serve you well for many many years to come. Wish you miles and miles of smiles with you Tuna!

Last edited by Manuuj : 10th January 2022 at 22:57.
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 18:49   #507

Quote:
Thank you fir your kind words. In my view a well maintained Fortuner or any Toyota for that matter is the best pre-worshipped vehicle to buy. The Endeavour journey is going well and the new addition is Asterix my 2021 Gurkha.

How many kilometers has your Fortuner covered? If you keep having it serviced at Toyota and change all necessary parts on time it will serve you well for many many years to come. Wish you miles and miles of smiles with you Tuna!
Mine on odo shows 2.05 lakh kilometres because the previous owner had fiddled with it.
But true mileage is 3 lakh plus kilometres. And it’s moving like a new one. No complaints. Toyotas are simply awesome
FortunerTRD is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks