Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2010, 17:53   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Manuuj, how are the brakes? Any issues there? Asking this question because, dilipkumar7278 mentioned in the other thread that braking at high speed (beyond 100KMPH) is a problem.
Drove around 1150 km at speeds of up to 160 kmph.

Brakes were NOT an issue at all. Had to brake hard a few times at speeds over 130 kmph but faced no problems at all. Maybe it takes time to get used to the brakes and the long brake pedal play as is with the case of Dilip.

I will say this..the brakes deploy very well when pressed hard and also when you go down a gear when braking..apart from that there is a sense of a lack of brake bite when lightly pressing the brake pedal.

But on the whole the brakes have never let me down and have always made the vehicle come to a smooth and complete stop when needed.
Old 18th February 2010, 22:05   #77
BANNED

Manujj
You may be right but I tend to use the brakes lightly. Twice I had to literally stand on the brakes to get the car to a complete stop. Two days before I went for first service and they bled the brakes. I didnt find any major difference in braking after that.
Cheers
Dilip
Manujj
are you using HID in your projectors? Toyota people here does not have them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Drove around 1150 km at speeds of up to 160 kmph.

Brakes were NOT an issue at all. Had to brake hard a few times at speeds over 130 kmph but faced no problems at all. Maybe it takes time to get used to the brakes and the long brake pedal play as is with the case of Dilip.

I will say this..the brakes deploy very well when pressed hard and also when you go down a gear when braking..apart from that there is a sense of a lack of brake bite when lightly pressing the brake pedal.

But on the whole the brakes have never let me down and have always made the vehicle come to a smooth and complete stop when needed.
Old 18th February 2010, 22:09   #78
BHPian

[
Quote:
quote=dilipkumar7278;1740288]Manujj
Twice I had to literally stand on the brakes to get the car to a complete stop. ]
Go and drive a JEEP and then u will find that your brakes are feathertouch
Old 19th February 2010, 14:28   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Manujj
You may be right but I tend to use the brakes lightly. Twice I had to literally stand on the brakes to get the car to a complete stop. Two days before I went for first service and they bled the brakes. I didnt find any major difference in braking after that.
Cheers
Dilip
Manujj
are you using HID in your projectors? Toyota people here does not have them..
No buddy..no HID's, just the Original Lights that the vehicle came with. I find them to be really bright and more than adequate at night..the headlight leveling function also works very very well.

I would not suggest HID's to you even because where they may look good the light is not as strong as the bulbs that the car comes with.

All the Best and Happy Driving!!
Old 21st February 2010, 15:08   #80
Senior - BHPian

thats a fantastic trip, the beast has taken you to exotic places. 160 kmph, wow thats impressive, was that on a flat surface ?
Old 5th March 2010, 15:13   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
thats a fantastic trip, the beast has taken you to exotic places. 160 kmph, wow thats impressive, was that on a flat surface ?
The roads sure were flat..billiard table smooth infact, specially between Jaipur and Kishangarh.

Just had the 5000 Kms Free Service done. No problems to report..as usual.

Cant wait for the next road trip!
Old 5th March 2010, 16:13   #82
Awaiting Email Confirmation

This is definitely worth every penny and moment spent to acquire your vehicle..the road trip pictures are phenomenal. congrats on the beautiful beast. This car is an Oxymoron in itself
Old 5th March 2010, 17:01   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
This is definitely worth every penny and moment spent to acquire your vehicle..the road trip pictures are phenomenal. congrats on the beautiful beast. This car is an Oxymoron in itself
thanks..glad you liked the pics! Why is the car an "Oxymoron in itself"?
Old 5th March 2010, 17:08   #84
BHPian

Hey Manuuj,thats a monster you have.
I would get it if they provided the auto-box.
Also,that water sprayer shown in the photo,what is it technically called,i mean,by the shop walas.Do you remember its price?
Old 5th March 2010, 17:20   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed26 View Post
Hey Manuuj,thats a monster you have.
I would get it if they provided the auto-box.
Also,that water sprayer shown in the photo,what is it technically called,i mean,by the shop walas.Do you remember its price?
Its a Bosch Power washer. you can get it at the Toyota showrooms for 10,500/- but is also available from any Bosch dealer for about 7500/- in places like Chawri Bazaar in Delhi.
Old 14th April 2010, 17:08   #86
BHPian

Hey Manuuj Nice ride, Body kit looks superb..
please post some pics of your ride..
Old 20th April 2010, 15:27   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAN_SACHDEV View Post
Hey Manuuj Nice ride, Body kit looks superb..
please post some pics of your ride..
Thanks Aman..glad you like the car. There are loads of pics on the previous pages..check them out. Cheers!
Old 20th April 2010, 22:18   #88
BHPian

Toyata recalled Fortuners for brake upgrade. Please contact your dealer about this.

Dilip is right. There has been some flaw in the braking system of Fortuner. And it is being replaced FOC.
Old 30th April 2010, 12:18   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderhermit View Post
Toyata recalled Fortuners for brake upgrade. Please contact your dealer about this.

Dilip is right. There has been some flaw in the braking system of Fortuner. And it is being replaced FOC.
Cheers for the heads up bro! By the way i just got back from a 1800 kms roundtrip in the Fortuner. The trip covered parts of Haryana, Punjab. Himachal and J&K.

The driving was done mainly on State Highways and side roads..the Fuel Economy figures have improved greatly.

The minimum FE was 11.7 kmpl and the maximum was 14.5 kmpl

I must add here that i drove with a rather light foot all the way.
Old 2nd May 2010, 10:27   #90
BANNED

Fortuner

Manujj
That's a very good mileage. The max FE I got was 13.5kmpl going at steady 85kmph. The overall average now standa at 11.1kmpl
Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks