Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Wow!!!

Congrats...Hope the MJD brings Punto loads of cheer to your life........
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:32   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on the silver Punto.

I see a lot of emotion models being sold, wonder how much is the exact difference between emotion and emotion pack. Since emotion pack would give alloys, bigger tyres, blue n me, steering controls, ACC, don't know if i missed something which should definitely be worth that extra amount over the Emotion model
I think the difference is 60k, at least that was what it was quoted for me. The extras I would miss are airbags, and bigger alloy tyres.

To TS: congrats on the Silver Punto, mine is the sale color. I opted for third party alloys from Neo Wheels (5 set Venom 14"/98PCD).
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:41   #18
BHPian

Congratulations Binaiks, on your new acquistion. Dont worry you wont be disappointed with the drive for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Congrats man. It looks superb. Yesterday I saw a blue Punto come out of Concorde Motors and it brought a smile on my face. Silver is also good. But IMO blue is the best. Congrats again and drive safe.
Hey did you see the Blue one at Concorde, dairy circle Bangalore. Well I was there getting mud flaps fixed and I got out at 4:30 p.m

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on the silver Punto.

I see a lot of emotion models being sold, wonder how much is the exact difference between emotion and emotion pack. Since emotion pack would give alloys, bigger tyres, blue n me, steering controls, ACC, don't know if i missed something which should definitely be worth that extra amount over the Emotion model
E pack also has airbags & seat belt pre tensioners, apart from the ones you mentioned above. The exact difference amount is Rs. 55,011 over the ex-showroom price for emotion, so in Bangalore after factoring in road tax, the diff is Rs. 64,390.

Last edited by samsan02 : 23rd December 2009 at 11:42.
Old 23rd December 2009, 12:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations

Wishing you many miles of happiness in the coolest hatch in India. The Punto is one car that looks great in all colours.

If you get the time kindly post a picture of the plastic assembly with the Ignition key and Indicator stalks. Just wanted to see whether there is better quality plastics (or shutlines) in that assembly. I recommended this car to someone very close to me and the car was bought in August and at that time, almost all the Punto's in the yard had an iffy plastic assembly (the edges were kind of rough) near the ignition key.
Old 23rd December 2009, 13:58   #20
BHPian

Congratulations! Have a happy and prosperous punting in your new stunner!
Old 23rd December 2009, 15:03   #21
BHPian

Congrats,
I have the same coloured Punto MJD but its a Dynamic...Congrats for joining the Punters club.

Vignesh
soon to get peted...
Old 23rd December 2009, 15:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the Punto club, good to have another Punto on the forum.

I'm sure the car will keep you happy for years to come.
Old 23rd December 2009, 15:11   #23
MCR
BHPian

Congrats binaiks on the car. I am sure you will enjoy every moment with this car. Welcome to Punters club. I also own MJD Emotion. Can you please let us know the month of manufacture of your car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
Congrats,
Vignesh
soon to get peted...
SDP1975 was looking for this information on GTO's review thread. May be you can post your experience there after Peteing.
Old 23rd December 2009, 15:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

Thank you all, once again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by krreddy View Post
Go for Emotion Pack!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Why didn't you go for the emotion pack? It's a few thousands more expensive but it's more 'bang for your buck' than the the Emotion.
We zeroed in on Emotion after checking for availability. E Pack was not available readily anywhere here. Emotion (in the colour we wanted) was available readily at two dealers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Hey Binaiks congrats man. You didn't get corporate discount?
I am not working anywhere - got back to studies this year. So no 'extra' discounts :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
If you get the time kindly post a picture of the plastic assembly with the Ignition key and Indicator stalks. Just wanted to see whether there is better quality plastics (or shutlines) in that assembly. I recommended this car to someone very close to me and the car was bought in August and at that time, almost all the Punto's in the yard had an iffy plastic assembly (the edges were kind of rough) near the ignition key.
Will surely get the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
I also own MJD Emotion. Can you please let us know the month of manufacture of your car?
According to the information I got from the "dispatch" sticker inside the car, the car was made on 24th (or 27th) November 2009. The dealer said it came to his yard last week.

Update: The dealer just showed his true face of being a TATA dealer - the delivery was promised for this evening - he is now trying to delay it to tomorrow citing some silly reasons
Old 23rd December 2009, 15:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

Just one suggestion before taking delivery : check under the front/rear door beading for rusting.
Old 23rd December 2009, 16:36   #26
BANNED

Congratulation for new car, does emotion has no Acc ?
What are the missing feature than E pack
Old 23rd December 2009, 16:48   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! I hope the delivery process goes smoothly
Old 23rd December 2009, 17:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and welcome to the Punters club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
What are the missing feature than E pack
ACC
Airbags
Alloy wheels
Blue&Me
Steering wheel controls
Old 23rd December 2009, 17:35   #29
Senior - BHPian

@binaiks congratz man. Do a bit of hard bargain - Hyson will give you a good deal. I took my vista from Hyson last November - and they did give me a good deal. I did the PDI @ their yard, and the staff was really helpful. They where much better than most of the other car dealers we visited when we were finalizing on which car to buy.

One thing I found was, the sub dealers of Hyson were more customer friendly than their main showroom - that made me pick up the car from Kodungalloor dealer than from the Thrissur main office. i will give 8/10 for my experience @ Hyson Kodungalloor.

A word of caution – Hyson have the practice of adding additives – bardhal – during the first service. I had a word with the Service Manager and Customer care manager, and they have agreed that they will refund me the amount @ next service – I really did give them a piece of mind when I came to know about this (my dad took the car for service and he did not knew what this was – they said they need to add additives, and he agreed) Make sure they did not do this at first service.

Last edited by theexperthand : 23rd December 2009 at 17:37.
Old 23rd December 2009, 17:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the silver punto!

Most Viewed