Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2015, 17:34   #151
BHPian

re: Reclaiming life - My Tata Safari TCIC. 13 years, 1,23,000 kms and counting

Took the car to Concorde Motors, Mr. Prem and Mr. Tulasi were very helpful. They got the car checked and the power window problem and the remote fuel flap problem is solved. Finally, after 2 years of continuously running behind Aadya Motors the power window is working again.

Damage Rs. 375 plus taxes for fixing wiring connection. Aadya motors CRM never wanted his guys to spend this 3-4 hours looking into the problem and wanted me to spend Rs. 1,20,000 to replace the entire wiring harness.

Called Mr. Abhishek from Tata Motors, reporting manager I guess for Aadya Motors. Earlier he also supported Aadya Motors views that the entire harness must be replaced, without even thinking how the new harness would connect to 4x4 etc. He did not send a Tata engineer either to look into the issues to check if diagnosis of Aadya Motors was correct. His response was like now that the power windows is working again, let Aadya motors do business as they like!
sumannandy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 17:55   #152
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
Took the car to Concorde Motors, Mr. Prem and Mr. Tulasi were very helpful. They got the car checked and the power window problem and the remote fuel flap problem is solved.

Damage Rs. 375 plus taxes for fixing wiring connection.
Great news and a round of applause to the guys who attended your car
(Concorde Motors).

Good that things have been back to normal. Enjoy the car now.
Old 1st February 2015, 08:22   #153
BHPian

Here is a pic, still on original paints after 15 years. New Yokohoma A/T tires at the rear @ 7500 each, front Michelins are doing duty after 6 years and 67000 kms.

The only thing that is not touched yet is the drivetrain assembly and the 4wd hardware and the starter. Rest everything is replaced or overhauled. Hoping it should be good for another 1 lakh kms or so for return on investment.

Reclaiming life - My Tata Safari TCIC. 13 years, 1,23,000 kms and counting-safari1.jpg

Last edited by sumannandy : 1st February 2015 at 08:24.
sumannandy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 08:43   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
..... His response was like now that the power windows is working again, let Aadya motors do business as they like!
This is the attitude of certain Manufacturer's Engineer of various car companies. They would join sides with the Service Center personnel.
Old 19th February 2015, 06:51   #155
BHPian

A long drive coming up, time to service the starter too.

Yesterday had a short drive to Doddaballapur and back, the car behaved very well. Mileage was around 12 kmpl on no AC and shell diesel.

There is a noise from clutch spring.
Old 22nd February 2015, 06:29   #156
BHPian

Starter is serviced. There is a problem with the rpm not dropping quickly after clutch is pressed, Concorde motors replaced the accelerator cable but the problem persists.

Reclaiming life - My Tata Safari TCIC. 13 years, 1,23,000 kms and counting-img_1821-1.jpg
Old 1st March 2015, 15:15   #157
Senior - BHPian

I don't know much about these things, but I had the same problem on my Palio Multijet. The RPM would not drop even after the clutch had disengaged.

There is a switch in my car which senses the position of the clutch pedal. It sends a signal to the ECU. This switch was faulty and once replaced, everything was fine. Rs 160/- was the damage.

Just mentioning if this may be of help.

Quote:
Starter is serviced. There is a problem with the rpm not dropping quickly after clutch is pressed, Concorde motors replaced the accelerator cable but the problem persists.
Attachment 1342297
Old 22nd March 2015, 08:04   #158
BHPian

Accident and the need for dash cam

I was waiting at the side of the road near Yehlanka air force station while after 5 mins or so after stopping the car, a maruti 800 came at high speed and hit the car from behind. I guess he was trying to overtake from left that went wrong.

But as usual a mob gathered where he furnished his side of story that I suddenly braked hard and he had to hit my car etc. A local mob speaking Kannada, who were not even at the spot, declared that I was at fault, even though I told them I was waiting, because I cannot speak Kannada.

The people alongwith the driver tried to drag us out of the car which we refused. They tried to snatch the car key and they managed to get one key. He demanded money for complete repair of his car. His car front was badly damaged. Safari was all good except a broken right side rear bumper and some damage to the bumper mount.

Finally I could talk them through to come to the police station. The self declared supporters disappeared when we went to Police station. Police helped us and told if we want we can lodge a motor claim case against him, need not pay any single rupee, and also lodge a harassment case.

This driver kept on asking money, apparently two children in his car got minor injury.

The police also said if we lodge a complaint, both the cars would be seized. And we have to come to court and contest and it would take a couple of months to get it released.

Finally agreement was reached at and we paid some money on humanitarian ground. I wish our law was as good as US where police comes on the spot and issues certificates assessing damages, which could be claimed from respective car insurance companies, no wastage of days, no seizing of cars.

The car was repaired at a cost of 8k, out of which Insurance is paying 2k (after 50% on parts and labor and mandatory deductible of 2k, this is totally skewed for the insurance companies, and I do not know what great purpose this mandatory deductible serves).

We realized, that we could have handled the mob better if we had proof in the form of a dash cam. So the search began. there are multiple options in ebay. But we ended up buying a car dash cam mount. I had a spare moto G, connected it to the mount and switched on the video mode.

It works very well now, the night video quality is also awesome.

Total cost 199.

About an hour of video takes up around 4 GB of space. we can always recycle/delete old videos. Not a great solution but works fine. I was not sure about the warranties on the dash cam, may be will get something in future.

The rpm rising issue was solved for good. One look at the engine bay an dthe Concorde engineers could figure out the issue. The F.I.C.D. was replaced for around 576/-.

Last edited by sumannandy : 22nd March 2015 at 08:07.
sumannandy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 10:53   #159
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accident and the need for dash cam

Quote:
I had a spare moto G, connected it to the mount and switched on the video mode.

It works very well now, the night video quality is also awesome.

Total cost 199.
I had car DVR Chinese make. it gave me good service but went out of order after 2 years. The main issue i think is battery which has low capacity and heating up of the DVR. Of course i have used it continuously for 20 hours also.
Now iam in dilemma to buy new dvr or use mobile. Like you have done planning to mobile for few days and see.

Quote:
The rpm rising issue was solved for good. One look at the engine bay and the Concorde engineers could figure out the issue. The F.I.C.D. was replaced for around 576/-.
Which Concorde( Hosur road/mysore road)???
Old 5th April 2015, 07:15   #160
BHPian

It was Hosur road.

The 4wd shifter motor was not working. Contacted Mr. Gajanan Chitale and as always, he was very helpful. Picked up the shifter motor that he arranged from Pune. right side auto locking hub was not working properly. Under his advice, replaced it with Lambda manual locking hubs for the time being.
Old 18th April 2015, 09:39   #161
BHPian

Re: Reclaiming life - My Tata Safari TCIC. 13 years, 1,23,000 kms and counting

Manual hub locks are out, put back the auto locking hubs.

Going for a restoration, headlights are getting changed at Concorde to Storme headlights, they are also going to retrofit new storme interiors.

The vehicle is getting ready for 2500 kms roadtrip.
Old 18th April 2015, 11:45   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

@Suman, how do you plan to retrofit the headlights ? You may be able to get the projectors in, but what about the high beams ?

I hope you are not changing the overall looks
Old 18th April 2015, 17:16   #163
Senior - BHPian

Suman it seems you are happy with Concord .
Post pictures please want to see what all stormstor.me interiora are being fit.
Old 19th April 2015, 07:54   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Manual hub locks are out, put back the auto locking hubs.

Going for a restoration, headlights are getting changed at Concorde to Storme headlights, they are also going to retrofit new storme interiors.

The vehicle is getting ready for 2500 kms roadtrip.
Suman
To which concorde, you are planning to do these changes ?
I was thinking if these are possible, but never thought Concorde would do these.
How about any warranty aspects post these changes ?

Prem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks