Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2010, 20:40   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Hi Pervez,

Thanks for the alloy suggestion. Love to do that. But I have to wait till march for my funds. I always use OEM and MGA accessories only.

Glad to note that you are also an MGA fan.

MGA Alloys are great and functional. They will give a new look to your already beautiful car. More importantly, it will give rock solid stability and super safe handling.

Cost about 4.5K a piece.

God bless.....
Old 14th March 2010, 12:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Navin Sir,
I also recently got myself a Ritz VDI and wanted to know the approx service cost of the vechile . I could see from your posts that you have already done with 3rd free servicing.
So if you could kidnly share the details , that will be a great help.

Cheers
Old 16th March 2010, 00:18   #18
BHPian

Navan where are you these days? Any updates?
Old 7th April 2010, 23:00   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Navin Sir,
I also recently got myself a Ritz VDI and wanted to know the approx service cost of the vechile . I could see from your posts that you have already done with 3rd free servicing.
So if you could kidnly share the details , that will be a great help.

Cheers
My zxi has covered almost 18K Kms. and I have spent under 1K on it maintenance. Basically only the cost of Engine oil and oil filter.

Vdi could be a little more because of more frequent change of oil and oil filters. Their costs is also more as compared to the Petrol version.

God bless.....
Old 7th April 2010, 23:10   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
On day my Ritz crossed its 12868 kms. That may be the starting odo reading for the February. Everything is smooth except the minor rattle which is not digged out till now. I am planning to leave it to MSM after a couple of days at the end of my urgent works.
Remove all door pads and ask the dealer to put extra sponge/pading on it. It adds density to the pad and you also get a muffled and soft sound when you close the door.

There is a small niggle in the rear hatch locking system and small piece of PVC tube needs to be inserted in a particular place. Ask you dealer to allot a bronze master to do the Job.

You will find a definite change in the car.

God bless.....
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gaddi Wale,

I had been busy in the mountains since January 28th and back a few days back. Yes I have done all the 3 free services and the silky is fine and going smoothly.Now it is on 20K plus and will go for the 4th paid service soon.Generally untill and unless you do some extra work the 3rd service charges will be of same with all the MASS. That is the specialty of Maruti and make me to stick with them.
Old 26th June 2010, 18:49   #22

I bought RItz VDI with ABS last week.
In VDI varient, Maruti says there will be a antiglare rear view mirrir inside, but i didnot see that. What I got is the regular rear view mirror with out that Knob.
What about you?
Do you have the interior rear view mirror with Antiglare Knob?
Old 5th July 2010, 07:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hi Hari,

The mirror they gave with the car is in fact anti glare only. But not adjustable one. Just check the glare in the night and compare the same with other non anti glare cars. You will sure feel the differences. It is a kind of coating they have given. It do works. You mean or expect that there should be knob or switch to change to Antiglare mode in night. That is not there.
Old 5th July 2010, 20:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

I feel some rattling when driver side window glass is lowered or opened. Let me see during 30K service. A bike wala gave a bang in the rear bumper. It has to be changed, I will leave it till September.
Old 16th July 2010, 07:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

The car is running on 29k odo reading. The Fuel economy is on the positive side of around 23plus and 24plus on a 972 kms run, Rest all fine. One tyre got punctured and rectified. The second one got 3 nails and there was a Tyre crack.So placed a tube and permanently kept as a spare wheel.Over all tireless travel for hundreds of kms.
Old 17th July 2010, 10:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

Coins and the music

I have filled all the coins slot in the box provided on the dash. When I turn or the car shakes in some roads the coins are giving a nice music like jingling bells.
Old 18th July 2010, 22:35   #27
BHPian

Sir,

It's my observation that braking in the ABS variant is not the greatest. The braking distances in my Santro were even promising.
Is this just the ABS thingie or is this a general problem with the Ritz ?
Old 20th July 2010, 00:04   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayak007 View Post
Sir,

It's my observation that braking in the ABS variant is not the greatest. The braking distances in my Santro were even promising.
Is this just the ABS thingie or is this a general problem with the Ritz ?
It is not of the breaking distance. The ABS variant will help you avoid skidding in case of sudden breaking. It does the job like the pump breaking itself. With out Abs you have to break cautiously to avoid the skidding.Rest all same nothing special.
Old 25th July 2010, 09:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

Last two fueling were run in the city with AC. First fill was 488 kms with 28liters which came around 17.3km per ltr. Next fill was also totally in city with ac and the fill was in 610 kms run 33 liters fill. This average gave 18.48kms/ltr. Seems Ritz VDI is doing well after 30K.

Last edited by navan49 : 25th July 2010 at 09:53.
Old 25th July 2010, 10:28   #30
Team-BHP Support

Do you not have tubeless tyres?
Also as Prince mentioned, you need Alloys!

Overall its amazing. Before my father got a Ritz LXI petrol, I had the chance to drive the VDI.
I must say, it really pulled and that was my first diesel experience.
Quiet heavenly I must admit.

Last edited by ampere : 25th July 2010 at 10:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks