Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2010, 08:05   #31
Senior - BHPian

[quote=ampere;1995839]Do you not have tubeless tyres?
Also as Prince mentioned, you need Alloys!

Ampere,
Seems everybody suggest me to go for alloy wheels for the tubeless.That is fine let me think over it. It may drag a big budget.Tyre 4plus rim and soon the Insurance renewal.Planning is needed and will be done with in the anniversary.
Old 26th July 2010, 08:23   #32
Team-BHP Support

[quote=navan49;1996585]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Do you not have tubeless tyres?
Also as Prince mentioned, you need Alloys!

Ampere,
Seems everybody suggest me to go for alloy wheels for the tubeless.That is fine let me think over it. It may drag a big budget.Tyre 4plus rim and soon the Insurance renewal.Planning is needed and will be done with in the anniversary.
The main advantage of tubeless is that you can drive in spite of a nail piercing the tyre. Puncture hazards are greatly reduced. As far as alloys are concerned, they greatly add to highway performance.
Old 27th July 2010, 08:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

It is true that the puncture hazard is least in Tubless. But the puncture method for tubeless makes the tyre looks odd like the nail is exposing outside after the puncture. The guy could have made the tyre inside out to hide that are. He did not do that so I feel uncomfortable on seeing that out side the tyre.
Old 27th July 2010, 08:58   #34
BHPian

Navan sir, since you are clocking close to 32k per year, i suggest you go for Michelin XM1+. The general perception is that they last 10-20% longer than normal tyres but again it all depends on where/how the tyre is been driven.

Navan any prioirty in which you are looking in the function of the tyres. For me below was the order:

Road grip (while cornering) = Reduction in road noise = Tyre Life > VFM. I had read a few reviews of yoko A-Drive and also got the confidence from Deepak (raja tyres) and plunged into the upgrade.
Old 27th July 2010, 09:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

I do have the Michelin in mind. The priorities are the tyre noise which is terrible with my JK stock tires.Grip,FE and long life. I drive in the city roads mostly Medavakkam,Velachery, OMR, Adyar Santhome and the Tambaram Maduravoyal Lateral road. Rest all my usage in the High ways to Madurai and Salem side. Average usuage per month is 3500km pm.
Old 27th July 2010, 09:38   #36
BHPian

Then I suggest you talk with Deepak (Raja tyres). Also enquire at Tyrestore to cross check the prices. Make sure you get the latest batch of tyres.
Old 28th July 2010, 08:25   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Then I suggest you talk with Deepak (Raja tyres). Also enquire at Tyrestore to cross check the prices. Make sure you get the latest batch of tyres.
Thank you Mutanx for all your suggestions. I will sure visit Tyre stores and look for the latest batche tyres. My car runs a lot. So the tyres are the major wear and tear areas.Should we do wheel balancing and Wheel alignment on new tyres.
Old 28th July 2010, 08:27   #38
BHPian

Tell me when you are going sir, I will also tag along with you. I never had a chance to goto tyrestore. I did goto Raja but not to Tyrestore!
Old 6th August 2010, 23:25   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Tell me when you are going sir, I will also tag along with you. I never had a chance to goto tyrestore. I did goto Raja but not to Tyrestore!
Hi Mutan,

Now onwards I started getting calls and reminders for the Insurance renewal. I believe I can make it in August end and also I will star to look for the Tyres in the 3rd week of September. You are welcome to join with me. Let us make one Saturday free and survey at least 3 stores.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks