Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2010, 22:03   #166
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
they are called lenso pda. cost 28k for a set of 4 in 17".
Quote:
and just for you bbs fans. lenso now has a period bbs replica. heres a pic. this is for u suhaas.
Those are very very nice wheels, Akshay! They look exactly like BBS LMs! They're not really 'period' though! BBS specially engineered a set of LMs that fit the Nissan GT-R. As we all know, the GT-R requires 'special' wheels that ensure that the tyres don't come off while cornering hard!

You know, I don't mind going in for a set of these for my Civic. Especially when I considered the price difference between the original BBS LMs and this!
Old 4th February 2010, 10:10   #167
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Those are very very nice wheels, Akshay! They look exactly like BBS LMs! They're not really 'period' though! BBS specially engineered a set of LMs that fit the Nissan GT-R. As we all know, the GT-R requires 'special' wheels that ensure that the tyres don't come off while cornering hard!

You know, I don't mind going in for a set of these for my Civic. Especially when I considered the price difference between the original BBS LMs and this!
im sure theyll look pretty nice on a civic but dont get anything less than 17".

anyway my rims should be arriving by saturday. i dont think too many over here will like it but i think it will look good.
Old 4th February 2010, 10:14   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

anyway my rims should be arriving by saturday. i dont think too many over here will like it but i think it will look good.
Those rims will definitely look good on your accord. Cant wait to see your accord with its new shoes.
Going to be real swank.
Old 4th February 2010, 10:34   #169
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Those rims will definitely look good on your accord. Cant wait to see your accord with its new shoes.
Going to be real swank.
i hope you havent misunderstood. i am not getting the bbs replicas but i am getting enkeis. a simple design but IMO will look pretty sporty on the car.
Old 4th February 2010, 10:44   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
they fixed the new number plates and the car looks much, much better.
Number plate fixing at the dealer? Why would you need to do that, your local roadside chap can fix two screws.
Old 4th February 2010, 10:47   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Number plate fixing at the dealer? Why would you need to do that, your local roadside chap can fix two screws.
Or even a DIY can be done
Old 4th February 2010, 10:52   #172
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
the car was going to the dealer anyway to change the radiotor fan diode so i thought why not just get this also done there. also i dont think there are any roadside wallahs close to my house, all are a little distance away, and in crowded areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Or even a DIY can be done
easier said than done . the number plate didnt have any holes for screws so that had to be drilled.
Old 4th February 2010, 18:32   #173
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Yup! 17" it is for us! The convincing has begun!

Anyway, looking forward to pictures of your fabulous Accord wearing a smashing set of Enkeis! They're one of the better brands one can opt for if you ask me!
Old 4th February 2010, 21:02   #174
Team-BHP Support

well after going for a ride in my friends m5 every car i go in feels slow including the v6. so now i am thinking about bumping up the performance in a few months. i was thinking a k&n typhoon to start off with.

what would make more sense in india conditions? a cold air intake or a short ram intake. the problem with a cold air intake is the filter is right behind the bumper so in the rains it could lead to complications. im travelling to the us in april so i might as well decide what im gonna buy. i have other options like aem.
Old 5th February 2010, 20:38   #175
Team-BHP Support

Here is a teaser of the rims.
Attached Thumbnails
V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img00037201002051831.jpg  

Old 5th February 2010, 22:24   #176
BHPian

Congratulations on the V6 Akshay! You never told me you bought it. Quite a coincidence since we were both in the same dilemma for a car with pretty much the same requirements, and even purchased a car around at the same time.

As I think I told you earlier, that we picked up a BMW 525i. So unfortunately, I get the Corolla.

Looks like you've been hunting around for some rims and I see you've already smacked 'em on! Congratulations! Looks like you can help me save some time as I plan to buy a new set of rims for the Beemer.
Old 5th February 2010, 22:41   #177
Team-BHP Support

thanks krazyking. glad you like the car. let me know when your in bombay and i can help you for the rims.

these rims were an impulsive buy. after seeing many rims for a few weeks i went back to the tyre dealer (pal tyres, i would recommend them to anyone, pretty knowledgeable brothers and good prices) to have a look again. i saw these in the enkei catalogue and just said these will go with my car. so i ordered them. the tyres were decided from earlier, yokohama advan sports which are apparently yokohamas flagship tyres, which explains the sky high prices.

First Impression -
well the rims look good. lol. i thought a 50 profile tyre might make the ride worse but honestly, it has had a negligible effect on the ride of the car. on good roads the car just glides, so much better than the oe bridgestone. even on small bumps the ride is better than stock. but in slightly larger bumps you can feel the ride becoming a bit stiffer. the car also seems to stick to the ground better at speeds of about 90-110, havent been able to test them at any higher speeds.

hope you guys like them. i will take a few proper pics of the car now if any of you want to see them. let me know and ill take pics and post them here.
Old 5th February 2010, 23:39   #178
BHPian

Looks damn awesome.
They really look good on your car, waiting for more.
Old 6th February 2010, 02:25   #179
BHPian

Sweet rims man! I just can't wait to see the side profiles. How much did they cost? Set of 4 or 5?
Old 6th February 2010, 11:42   #180
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Looks damn awesome.
They really look good on your car, waiting for more.
thanks. the full pics will be coming up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg_chn View Post
Sweet rims man! I just can't wait to see the side profiles. How much did they cost? Set of 4 or 5?
thank you. it cost 70k totally. 30k for 4 rims and 40k for 4 tyres.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks