Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2010, 00:44   #316
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
The short ram takes away quite a bit of the low-down torque and also it bloody noisy after 3500-400 rpm! Was driving a 2.4 with the same today. And also, don't put in the full CAI by any chance, the intake point is too low in the front fender/bumper, you will in probability suck up water via the intake especially in Mumbai monsoons.
ishan i cant really notice any less torque low-down, maybe because the 3.0 has quite a bit anyway or maybe because mine is an auto.

yeah i dont think ill put the cold air intake before the monsoons. maybe ill put it in october for about 4-5 months so that my car can make the best of mumbai's 'winter' lol. also the longer intake pipe might bring back some of the low end that a shorter intake pipe apparently makes the engine lose.

EDIT - just looked at the k&n website. the 2.4 short ram apparently adds only 3.5-4hp to the 2.4l engine. and yes, at lower rpms with moderate throttle the growl is lovely, and it screams once the vtec activates.

hmmm, also reminds me, i have to send the car for polishing. black is a pain to maintain (mental note taken). or maybe i should get my lazy but downstairs and polish it tomorrow.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 21st May 2010 at 00:58.
Old 22nd May 2010, 01:39   #317
Team-BHP Support

just took her out for a nice spin. windows down, listening to the k&n screaming. got a chance to stretch her legs on the sealink. better not to mention the speeds, but it sounds sweet, and its acceleration has improved and in the night with the slightly cooler air it just flies. i gotta start taking her out more in the night.

i can take a 0-160/170 video next time if anyone is interested. will take pics of the HIDs tomorrow. ive delayed all these pics too long. sorry guys.
Old 22nd May 2010, 08:07   #318
BHPian

Akshay,

Your thread is superb and detailed. Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to do it. Been of great help to prospective V6 buyers like myself.

Also appreciate your detailed comments on my purchase decision elsewhere in this forum!

Will be in touch with you once I pick up my car for suggestions on mods (since you have been there and done that)
Old 22nd May 2010, 12:26   #319
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vajra View Post
Akshay,

Your thread is superb and detailed. Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to do it. Been of great help to prospective V6 buyers like myself.

Also appreciate your detailed comments on my purchase decision elsewhere in this forum!

Will be in touch with you once I pick up my car for suggestions on mods (since you have been there and done that)
thanks for that man. its hardly trouble writing this thread.

yes, the accord makes more sense than a 6 year old car.

haha give my thread a nice star rating
Old 23rd May 2010, 01:04   #320
Team-BHP Support

one thing ive been noticing. normally if i take off from the signal the tyres struggle for grip, tcs flashes alot, so i was wondering that dont expensive tyres like advan sports offer more grip than this?

but lately after a spirited drive, the tyres become very grippy. makes you feel much more confident, even the braking improves quite a lot. now i feel these tyres are totally worth the 10k i paid per tyre because the ride is exceptionally good, they are very silent and they get grippy (though after warming up).

id recommend these to anyone who wants more comfortable tyre than the neovas ad07/08 with a little less grip.
Old 23rd May 2010, 12:53   #321
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
one thing ive been noticing. normally if i take off from the signal the tyres struggle for grip, tcs flashes alot, so i was wondering that dont expensive tyres like advan sports offer more grip than this?
noob answer--

the tires with really good rubber compounds gain and disperse heat just as well,
so you are left with 'skkeeeeccchhh' every time you leave a signal
Old 23rd May 2010, 13:38   #322
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
noob answer--

the tires with really good rubber compounds gain and disperse heat just as well,
so you are left with 'skkeeeeccchhh' every time you leave a signal
with normal day to day driving the tyre dosent get warmed up at all. only after a nice spirited drive does it start to become very grippy.
Old 6th June 2010, 12:09   #323
Team-BHP Support

hello guys, small update. after installing the k&n the mileage is still the same, it hasnt dropped at all due to the k&n.

also got the car detailed from a company called kamyo. they come to your house and do the detailing. they took 4800 from me for a full exterior detail and for steaming the leather seats etc. it is owned by a parsee so i knew the job would be done well. i would recommend them to anyone, if you want their number i can put it up. they took about 5 hours and did a very thorough job. i was impressed how much the swirl marks had reduced.

here are 2 pics after detailing.
Attached Thumbnails
V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img00214201005271656.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img00215201005271700.jpg  

Old 6th June 2010, 15:05   #324
Senior - BHPian

Looking great, akshay! Accord looks best in black and the rims complement your ride!

Enjoy the V6 power!

Why not put up the details of Kamyo in the new t-bhp directory section? It'll help several members!
Old 6th June 2010, 23:15   #325
BHPian

Great ride Akshay, IMHO Honda V6 is one of the smoothest engines, i drove a similar car for almost two years, while I was in US. Its the best ride I have ever owned till date. Enjoy your ride.

p.s: If ever you plan to part ways with your 3Lt beast do let me know
Old 6th June 2010, 23:36   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

Please post contact details of Kamyo. I was under the impression that steam cleaning machines were not portable hence one had to send the car over each time. What is their pricing just for interiors?
Old 6th June 2010, 23:51   #327
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Please post contact details of Kamyo. I was under the impression that steam cleaning machines were not portable hence one had to send the car over each time. What is their pricing just for interiors?
i dont know about that. but they did a great job. the interior cleaning would cost 2500 for the bimmer.

Car Polishing in Mumbai, Car Polishing in India, Car Detailing in Mumbai, Car Detailing in India, Auto Detailing in Mumbai, Auto Detailing in India, Car Vacuum Cleaning in India, Steam Cleaning of Car Interiors in Mumbai, Fleet Detailing in India, Ca

here is their site. speak to jehangir.
Old 6th June 2010, 23:53   #328
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Looking great, akshay! Accord looks best in black and the rims complement your ride!

Enjoy the V6 power!

Why not put up the details of Kamyo in the new t-bhp directory section? It'll help several members!
thanks alot buddy. yes i think i will do that. good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Great ride Akshay, IMHO Honda V6 is one of the smoothest engines, i drove a similar car for almost two years, while I was in US. Its the best ride I have ever owned till date. Enjoy your ride.

p.s: If ever you plan to part ways with your 3Lt beast do let me know
yes this engine is just too silent and smooth. thats one reason i got the k&n, to get some sound when its revved.

haha it will be at least another 3 years before i part with this. probably more. i love it.
Old 7th June 2010, 10:45   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Thanks for the details.
Did you get to see what products/brands they used for the exterior?
Old 7th June 2010, 13:58   #330
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Thanks for the details.
Did you get to see what products/brands they used for the exterior?
i didnt see what brand but i do recall jehangir telling me that they use imported stuff. but their machines also seemed to be of high quality, especially the buffing machine while looking quite a bit bigger than the other little ones ive seen elsewhere.

give jehangir a call, hes a very helpful chap. he will answer all your queries without pushing you to book an appointment or anything.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks