Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2013, 05:19   #616
BHPian

Re: V6 Power - My Accord. EDIT - New Pics Pg. 37!

Dear Akshay,

Congratulations!

Read this a bit late, as I am sailing and net access is limited.

I also own a V6, but mine is an older-2004 model. I bought it 2nd hand, form a Parsi Bawa, who I think used to wash the car with distilled water! It was in an unbelieveable condition. And I dare say that it still is in a very good ondition.
It has done close to 80000km. So I have spent more in fuel than the car now!!
Mileage- I used to get about 7 kpl with a light right foot. But I usually always use it for the highway where I get about 11.5-12 kpl as you have correctly said.
I would like to warn you on the maintenance- I had to replace the Master Cylinder, the AC Compressor and brake pads. Well that is not really much but it is very irritating when the honda guys do not have the parts and you cannot get anything genuine in the market.
If I may ask, are you in the Merchant Navy- as you mentioned about your exams! Well If that is the case, I would like to warn you to watchout for rats eating up the wires! V engine of an unused car is a great place for the rat colonies! keep your car alive- let someone (whome you really trust) drive it evry third day.

More on this later, got to go.

Congrats once again!
Shyam.
Capt. Shyam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 15:05   #617
Team-BHP Support

So since this car is still with me and running perfectly, expect a couple small updates in the next few days. I was going to sell it, but now until we are in the process of buying a replacement suv I don't think I'm going to put it on the market.
Old 23rd January 2014, 05:21   #618
Senior - BHPian

Btw I recently posted my Accord's review, not sure you checked, here's the link

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6 with Navigation - Ownership Review
Technocrat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2014, 15:35   #619
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Btw I recently posted my Accord's review, not sure you checked, here's the link

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6 with Navigation - Ownership Review
I think I missed it, but great in depth review though.

UPDATE -

Anywaaay this car is still with me. I still really enjoy taking it out for drives. We were thinking of selling it, and I am still open to it but until we decide and are in the process of buying the next car I don't want to get rid of this. So keeping it in mind and knowing it can be with me for a few more months I decided to change the Yoko Advan Sports which were pretty worn out.

I knew I didn't want to spend much on it, but still wanted decent tyres. Called up Pal tyres and he gave me a brilliant deal on Hankook Ventus V12 in 225/50 R17. Almost 2k cheaper than what they are listed for on websites. Went today and got them fixed on. Initital impressions are that the car feels a bit smoother and the ride may have gotten a bit better. Also they are silent. But will give a more detailed description tonight.

Was also facing an issue with my Alpine processor. With no one here seeming willing to fix it I decided to just get another HU put into the cubbyhole in front of the gear shifter. Called up Ajay, he organised everything and I sent the car to him. So I got some basic Pioneer HU with bluetooth, usb, etc. So now my car has bluetooth, and can play mp3s (what a relief) and the steering controls still work. Sound is similar to the processor though not as good. 1-2 small issues need to be sorted which happen with any aftermarket install.

So the Accord just got set to spend some more time with me, and is pretty much perfect now.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 16:59   #620

Heard the accord is off production. I love the V6 and really am not too keen to sell it. Do you think the spares will be available a couple of years? And what about the depreciation in the next few years?
Old 1st February 2014, 19:24   #621
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekonda View Post
Heard the accord is off production. I love the V6 and really am not too keen to sell it. Do you think the spares will be available a couple of years? And what about the depreciation in the next few years?
Don't worry about spares, they will all be available. As for dep and resale, don't expect it to lose much more value, you would have lost most of it already. Keep the car.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 21:31   #622
Team-BHP Support

Tyre Update -

So have done about 300km with these tyres since I've got them. They are silent, they are comfortable, they are grippy, but they are not as sporty as the Advans. The sidewall has a lot of flex, and can induce some bodyroll. But I'm quite enjoying these tyres now, since I tend to not drive this car too hard with the 3 and the vRS in the house. I'm enjoying the better ride, silence, and the tyres do not lack grip when I need it. It goes with the Accords character.

The new head unit too is a great boon to me, especially since I was missing out bluetooth and mp3. Sound quality has gone down a slight bit from the Alpine processor, but to most people its not noticeable.

What can I say, I'm really enjoying the V6 again.
Old 11th May 2014, 10:42   #623

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

Don't worry about spares, they will all be available. As for dep and resale, don't expect it to lose much more value, you would have lost most of it already. Keep the car.
Since I decided not to sell the v6, am off to get it fitted with the larger display with reverse camera etc etc. the dealer quoted 85000 for it including fitting. Think I should go ahead?
Old 14th May 2014, 02:05   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since I decided not to sell the v6, am off to get it fitted with the larger display with reverse camera etc etc. the dealer quoted 85000 for it including fitting. Think I should go ahead?
I recently fitted one, I did a mix & match as I wanted to utilize my navigation screen for the video.

What I would advice is to make sure you get a CCD sensor based camera as it will have better low light vision compared to CMOS.

Also there are cameras' available which will fit into the Number plate light so you wont have to make any hole.

I have this CCD Camera & the vision in low light is great.

Last edited by Technocrat : 14th May 2014 at 03:43.
Technocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 12:04   #625
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sorry I dunno how I missed this.

But 85k is far too high buddy. What screen and camera is this?

I would suggest you try and get a dash kit for it, search the US forums like v6performance.net for which ones are good. Then just buy an HU of your choice with a touchscreen, and install the reverse cam in it. The sound will be better than something like a Caska, so will the user interface.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 19:32   #626
Team-BHP Support

Its with great regret that I put this ad up today
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...a/Accord.html/

The link may not work for a couple of hours.

But if anyone is interested, or anyone you know is interested do pass on the info.

The price is negotiable, but not to a large amount considering how much time and money I've spent doing up the car and maintaining it.

I really hope I manage to sell it to someone who will take care of the car too.

The only reason for selling is the need for an SUV, otherwise this car runs perfectly and goes like stink!
Old 3rd July 2014, 17:39   #627
BHPian

Wonderful car you got there akshay.

Isn't there a way you could keep it??

The work you've done on it shows!
Old 3rd July 2014, 18:45   #628
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
Wonderful car you got there akshay.

Isn't there a way you could keep it??

The work you've done on it shows!
I only wish I could keep it. But a parking space in Bombay would cost more than this Accord

So as of now the car is sold, to a BHPian and friend from Bombay. I shall let him update the thread when it picks it up in a week or so.
Old 3rd July 2014, 19:04   #629
BHPian

Well, the good thing is that it stays within the community.

Looking forward to your SUV ownership thread.
Old 1st September 2014, 13:55   #630
Team-BHP Support

So it would only have been fair to replace a 6 cylinder, with another 6 cylinder.

Here is what it is -
V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img_1058.jpg

Anyway this will have its own thread soon enough.

Waiting for the lazy new owner of the Accord to update this thread, I guess he is too busy enjoying driving it around.
Akshay1234 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks