Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2010, 11:44   #181
BHPian

30k for a set of 4 enkeis? You got yourself a nice deal mate. Congrats on the buy.

P.S - We're all still waiting for the pics
Old 6th February 2010, 12:08   #182
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg_chn View Post
30k for a set of 4 enkeis? You got yourself a nice deal mate. Congrats on the buy.

P.S - We're all still waiting for the pics
yup enkeis are going cheap these days.

the pics will be up soon.
Old 6th February 2010, 13:48   #183
Senior - BHPian

That's because they're being produced in India these days.
Old 6th February 2010, 14:50   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the full pics will be coming up soon.
Quote:
let me know and ill take pics and post them here.
Quote:
the pics will be up soon.
Stop teasing the forum Akshay and post the pics asap.
Old 6th February 2010, 14:52   #185
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Pics pics pics pics please !!
Old 6th February 2010, 19:32   #186
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
That's because they're being produced in India these days.
really? i didnt know that. i was just told that larger size rims are moving of the shelves slowly these days so prices have been lowered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Stop teasing the forum Akshay and post the pics asap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Pics pics pics pics please !!
i still need to find time to take a proper photoshoot of the car. exams from the 23rd and i will try to get it done tomorrow or in the next 2-3 days. in the meanwhile. hope you like these 2 pics.
Attached Thumbnails
V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-dsc_0857-copy.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-dsc_0859copy.jpg  

Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2010, 19:46   #187
Team-BHP Support

Absolutely fantastic wheels man! They look superb and suit the Accord very well IMO! Great, great choice! I was afraid that 17" might look slightly on the smaller side but I was wrong! They look perfect! Congratulations, dude!

About the intake, I suggest a cold-air intake is better than a ram-air. Ram air might be more effective but it isn't necessary. A cold-air intake would do just fine!
Old 6th February 2010, 19:50   #188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Absolutely fantastic wheels man! They look superb and suit the Accord very well IMO! Great, great choice! I was afraid that 17" might look slightly on the smaller side but I was wrong! They look perfect! Congratulations, dude!

About the intake, I suggest a cold-air intake is better than a ram-air. Ram air might be more effective but it isn't necessary. A cold-air intake would do just fine!
thank you. i too was worried that 50 profile might seem a bit too much, but it looks just fine. the car has managed to get a few stares.

about the filter, in the k&n cold air intake the filter is right behind the bumper, so i am worried that in the rains water might splash onto it or something. in a short ram intake the filter is within the engine bay.
Old 6th February 2010, 19:56   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
really? i didnt know that. i was just told that larger size rims are moving of the shelves slowly these days so prices have been lowered.
Nope. Enkei has been OE on Hondas and Toyotas for years now. There is a reason those ordinary looking alloys of the OHC VTEC are hot property - they are exceptionally light Enkeis.
Old 6th February 2010, 19:58   #190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
about the filter, in the k&n cold air intake the filter is right behind the bumper, so i am worried that in the rains water might splash onto it or something. in a short ram intake the filter is within the engine bay.
AFAIK it's the other way around! I'm sure the induction kit (Typhoon + K&N) sit flush underneath the hood. The air box would be replaced by a large conical and the stock piping would be replaced by the cold-air induction kit. The ram-intake would be mounted in front of the bumper/grille to force the air in. That's unnecessary unless you're interested in forced induction or something!
Old 6th February 2010, 20:07   #191
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Nope. Enkei has been OE on Hondas and Toyotas for years now. There is a reason those ordinary looking alloys of the OHC VTEC are hot property - they are exceptionally light Enkeis.
i didnt know that those were made here. i thought they were imported from japan which also explained the exceptionally high price tag.

Quote:
AFAIK it's the other way around! I'm sure the induction kit (Typhoon + K&N) sit flush underneath the hood. The air box would be replaced by a large conical and the stock piping would be replaced by the cold-air induction kit. The ram-intake would be mounted in front of the bumper/grille to force the air in. That's unnecessary unless you're interested in forced induction or something!
i saw the installation pics of the k&n typhoon for the accord and its not like the one for the civic. in this the filter is just behind the bumper in front of the wheel well.
Old 6th February 2010, 20:10   #192
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful rims Akshay.Simple yet making a nice visual impact.Perfect choice for a jap saloon.
Old 6th February 2010, 20:18   #193
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

i saw the installation pics of the k&n typhoon for the accord and its not like the one for the civic. in this the filter is just behind the bumper in front of the wheel well.
Are you sure? Because I think that's how it's supposed to be! And that's not too different from the Civic. It just looks precariously placed. I know a guy who has a K&N and a cold-air intake kit on his Accord and it's working absolutely perfectly! Do get others' opinions as well as some sound mechanical advice from reliable sources before proceeding further!
Old 6th February 2010, 20:37   #194
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Beautiful rims Akshay.Simple yet making a nice visual impact.Perfect choice for a jap saloon.
the moment i saw them i knew these would go very well with the car.

Quote:
Are you sure? Because I think that's how it's supposed to be! And that's not too different from the Civic. It just looks precariously placed. I know a guy who has a K&N and a cold-air intake kit on his Accord and it's working absolutely perfectly! Do get others' opinions as well as some sound mechanical advice from reliable sources before proceeding further!
aah what the hell. i guess ill just go for a cold air intake. now need to decide between the k&n typhoon and the aem v2. anyway i will only be buying this in april so i have enough time to decide.
Old 7th February 2010, 00:21   #195
Senior - BHPian

The ones on the OHC are imported from Japan. But the ones that come on the Civic and Accord are Made In India. And are still exceptionally light.

And I forgot - bloody awesome wheels.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks