Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 11:47   #271
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
And if you have to brake suddenly while driving at such high speeds, you will once again see that RS and Laura Tsi's get left behind...they stop far too quickly.

And last weekend on the e-way, I had to keep my Laura Tsi in 6'th to keep an Accord V6 interested in the game, but that guy became mad and too agressive for my liking...so I shifted to 5'th and sadly watched the V6 steadily reduce in size in my rear view mirror...

When you plan your street races, remember that the Lauras and Superbs around you may have turbocharged fuel stratified injection engines that can cause shame to much larger old economy V engines + they have 6 and 7 speed gearboxes and awesome brakes too.

Just a teaser bro...enjoy your V6 and keep safe braking distance.
agreed, the technology in the tsi engines is brilliant. so is the dsg. how a 1.8l engine can keep up with a 3.0 v6 is amazing. the stability too is good in those cars. but one place they will never be close to the japs is reliability, and that was the reason i left out the europeans when buying a car. i cannot deal with having little niggles here and there, and paying huge amounts for parts. but still, i am looking to buy a skoda or a vw when i replace my innova later this year.

also ive been doing a lot of reading on the brakes. it seems that even the accords in the US have this problem of juddering. it dosent really affect the brakes performance but most people including me think twice before pressing the pedal harder when it judders. of course ive tried pressing it harder a couple of times and the car shed its speed pretty quickly.

im also planning on getting performance pads and maybe rotors soon.

i cant really comment on your encounter with the accord on the expressway since we both dont know how much he was pushing his car. but if he was pushing it fully im sure it wouldve been a lot closer than you made it sound.

peace.
Old 6th April 2010, 11:49   #272
BHPian

Nice review. Glad to see you've upgraded the shoes of your V6, its REALLY needed. Does your version play mp3's ?? IF not get the iPod adapter that i added, works really well.

As for the top speed, it does not budge after an indicated 240. But it feels a lot safer cruising at 160 -180 due to the inherent floaty feel of a squishy japanese sedan.
Old 6th April 2010, 11:54   #273
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
Nice review. Glad to see you've upgraded the shoes of your V6, its REALLY needed. Does your version play mp3's ?? IF not get the iPod adapter that i added, works really well.

As for the top speed, it does not budge after an indicated 240. But it feels a lot safer cruising at 160 -180 due to the inherent floaty feel of a squishy japanese sedan.
yes the shoes upgrade was very necessary. no my car does not play mp3s. but i am upgrading my ICE next month and adding a rockford fosgate 3sixty.1 processor, i think with that i can add an aux port. otherwise i will buy the ipod adaptor you have. btw do the song names come on screen with your adaptor?

the floaty feelin is much less now after upgrading to 17s. the advan sports are just brilliant. the way the car was pulling even after 220 made it seem that it would cross 240 easily. haha the easiest way to know is to find out.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:06   #274
BHPian

No, the song names are not displayed on the screen, and certain generations of iPod cannot be controlled using the O.E. stereo/remote. My iPod touch can't be controlled, don't know about the others. But absolutely zero loss in sound quality/fidelity... FM adaptors and AUX cables are no patch.
Old 6th April 2010, 13:03   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

. the way the car was pulling even after 220 made it seem that it would cross 240 easily. haha the easiest way to know is to find out.
BTW, last many weekends, I have been seeing cops with speedguns spoiling the party throughout the e-way.

If you are doing 220 and all, which part of the road do you do it on? Or is not on the e-way but some place else?

I would really like to know so that I can enjoy the full potential of my car.
Old 6th April 2010, 14:35   #276
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BTW, last many weekends, I have been seeing cops with speedguns spoiling the party throughout the e-way.

If you are doing 220 and all, which part of the road do you do it on? Or is not on the e-way but some place else?

I would really like to know so that I can enjoy the full potential of my car.
its not something i do often. infact i think ive done 220 only once. whatever i try is on the sealink in mumbai very, very late when and if it is fully empty. not gonna do it on the expressway. normally i wouldnt cross 150-160.
Old 6th April 2010, 14:39   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
its not something i do often. infact i think ive done 220 only once. whatever i try is on the sealink in mumbai very, very late when and if it is fully empty. not gonna do it on the expressway. normally i wouldnt cross 150-160.
The sea-link with all lanes open is faaantastic and probably safest late at night. I managed a touched down(250km/hr) on the 525d once.

Btw, saw your car last night on my way back from town in my Fortuner. Your alloys looked great.
Old 6th April 2010, 14:46   #278
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The sea-link with all lanes open is faaantastic and probably safest late at night. I managed a touched down(250km/hr) on the 525d once.

Btw, saw your car last night on my way back from town in my Fortuner. Your alloys looked great.
if only they didnt have those stupid speedbumps. there is really no need for them now that the north and south bound traffic is separated. the road surface is brilliant.

oh where did you see my car? what time? thanks bro.
Old 6th April 2010, 16:33   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
if only they didnt have those stupid speedbumps. there is really no need for them now that the north and south bound traffic is separated. the road surface is brilliant.

oh where did you see my car? what time? thanks bro.
I saw it outside Ghetto and then Sea face
Old 6th April 2010, 16:39   #280
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I saw it outside Ghetto and then Sea face
aah ok. i wasnt in the car at that time. the driver was coming to pick me up.
Old 6th April 2010, 19:27   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

They never caught you guys?
They caught 5 cars right in front of me because 4 of them were doing 80kmph and one changed lane from right to left!!!

Going by that, I am tempted to feel that you guys are larger than life....

Last edited by anandpadhye : 6th April 2010 at 19:30.
Old 7th April 2010, 01:22   #282
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They never caught you guys?
They caught 5 cars right in front of me because 4 of them were doing 80kmph and one changed lane from right to left!!!

Going by that, I am tempted to feel that you guys are larger than life....
lol there are no cops after a certain time. i touched that speed at 3am. it just depends on the time of the day. in the day i wouldnt cross 60-70.
Old 8th April 2010, 10:41   #283
BHPian

Found this while browsing:

Report: Honda settles class-action lawsuit over premature brake wear — Autoblog
Old 13th April 2010, 23:39   #284
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
sorry missed your post. its for the 8th gen accord. mine is a 7th gen.
Old 18th April 2010, 21:54   #285
BHPian

what a car akshay!loved it a lot.how about high speed manners??lot many people say it is not stable at high speeds.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks